It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomenon - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is my first new post, although I've been a member for some time. If I put it in the wrong place or posted wrong, I apologize!!

I can't figure out what this is, and its really bizarre....it was apparently filmed in Lithuania and there is a brief story about the circumstances.

Here's the info about the video...

on Jan 25, 2014 STORY BEFORE FOOTAGE - So i was walking with my dog in the evening just before sunset, we were travelling into vast fields of nature to escape common modern view. By accident I found a pond. It catched my interest since i saw a waterhole in the middle of it. Usually people drills waterholes in their ponds where fish lives, at winter time, so fish can breathe. I thought i will see some fishes and stuff... But as soon as i came closer, i noticed that it was evaporating. You can't see this in the video since i was filming with my phone which has #ty camera. When i stepped on that frozen pond, farther away from that waterhole (where i was standing) ice was 20 centimeters thick or even more. And that waterhole looked like it was melted with fire or something... You can see around that waterhole that there is snow or maybe ice particles blasted away from the center of this waterhole. What was underwater there is still unknown to me. It is not volcanic activity. In the middle of Europe there are no volcanos or underground volcanic currents. Plus water would be boiling. There are no pipes in the middle of nowhere, so not a damaged pipe... Natural Gas or oil? Impossible, it is not hot and why only the part of this whole pond is melted just above this thing/activity-reason? I don't know anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Already a thread about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The fact that its evaporating implies that heat is coming up. As much as I want to say it's a portal to Hell - if I saw something like that I'd assume it's a hot spring bubbling up.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well the frog didn't seem too worried about it lol.

I'm miffed as to what it is.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vampira309

Hello,

I don't often click on a video link, but for some reason decided to click on the youtube link you posted. I'm glad I did...lthat is very strange...it looks like whatever is in the hole in the frozen pond, is beating like a heart....how bizarre! I would love to find out what it is...

Here's your vid for easier viewing...

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Is it not just a hydro-thermal vent?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

lemmin
Is it not just a hydro-thermal vent?

I did a search to try and find any other similar anomalies with no luck. Anyone else find something?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am not real sure what the hell that is honestly. It almost looks like molten lava to me, but I don't know.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think its due to temperature differential, similar "moving water" can be seen if you boil water, just wait a bit and you will see just like that video - "water moving in water". Why that earth part is heating up - i dont know, but with that cold, I think it will behave the same, even with minor temperature difference.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

Could be, but, still odd...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Take a look at the hotsprings of Yellowstone (particularly Firehole Spring):
youtu.be...

Imagine a less aggressive version of those vents. The basin floor is displaced by the thermal activity. It explains the melted ice and the heat that is implied by the videographer's waving of his hand. The Yellowstone hotsprings are too violent for the displacement to be replaced and, as a result, the water is too murky to see anything at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thanks for embedding that, Des!

I haven't quite gotten the hang of it

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah, there is already a thread with the same title that was posted earlier than this one... and the red thingy in the center sure looks like a mollusk, or some gooey animal, since there is no diffusion like you would expect from a hot spring disturbing red clay and sediment as some have guessed.

A real puzzler! Maybe it IS just a hot-spring with petroleum, or some equally viscous fluid, that is keeping the sediment from dispersing? The effect certainly looks biological, though, and is worth a look. Dunno...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Easy peasy. You just copy the youtoob link part *after* the last equal (=) sign in the youtoob url, then past it into the youtoob brackets provided in the upper bar of your reply message. It's the last icon on the top, far right that says you tube on it.

When you finish doing that, and hit the reply box at the bottom of your message window, it will appear as an embedded vid.

EXAMPLE: Say your youtube url is xyzbrf=ghbv You only copy that part after the equal sign, ghbv, and paste that into your post.

Good luck...it took me awhile to learn it, no worry

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yah, just capture the YouTube ID number between the yvid brackets… that is all after or between the "=" signs…

you can hit quote on another post to see how that looks…

By the By… has Fracking reached your part of the world yet?

Take a sample of that goop and see if it lights aflame.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There is definitely temperature variation. Question is why. It could be many things, methane release, oxygen, unseen current.

Probably underground spring, the water from these springs are warmer and can be so slow as to be almost undetectable. I am sure that is what it is. The warmer water forming a very small pillar of warm water that rises. If you could put something floating in there you would see a small circular rotation formed by the warmer water rising.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

Thanks for the link. The water doesn't seem disturbed in the original video and there are no bubbles. Weird.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join