It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Releases HR record of US: Full text of Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China published a report titled "Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013" on Friday.

Following is the report's full text:

Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013

State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China

Foreword

The State Department of the United States, which posed as "the world judge of human rights," made arbitrary attacks and irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in almost 200 countries and regions again in its just-released Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2013. However, the U.S. carefully concealed and avoided mentioning its own human rights problems. In fact, there were still serious human right

China Releases HR record of US: Full text of Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013

China, tiring of America's litany of self righteous claims of Human Rights has published a full white paper of Americas Human Rights violations... The list is staggering. It is not all inclusive. America has fallen under a shadow of disappearing, dead, suicide'd, and secretly incarcerated journalists, whistle blowers, new energy scientists, microbiologists, and now bankers which are not included in this list...

This document is chock full of information for everyone from left leaners to libertarians... I guess it is nice when a foreign government does all the work for the NGOs....

edit on 6-3-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"China"

Seriously? This is completely laughable. This, from China. Oh, this is a good joke.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Pot, meet Kettle.

The only Political Party operating in the U.S. is the "Hippo" Party, evidenced by the smog of hypocrisy that America leaves everywhere world-wide, on scale with China's air pollution in Beijing, like "Pig Pen" from Peanuts, and all the explanations are muffled, impossible to decipher.

Human Rights are on a short list of Super Powers nowadays, as very few have them and even fewer are allowed to use them to defend themselves.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They've done this before. Every two years or so In fact, I think I may have posted about it here 5 or 6 or so years ago.

This is from 2006: In Response, China Attacks U.S. Record on Rights

2008: US human rights violations exposed

They're no slouches, in fact bordering on horrific, when it comes to human rights abuses, but we're no innocents either. I think that's the point they're trying to make.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I don't think you get it, China is taking a poke at the US for trying to take the moral high ground all the time talking about other countries human rights abuses when they clearly abuse human rights themselves, calling them hypocrites.
edit on 6-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yeah thats right, deflect the blame and ignore the real issue. Everyone is aware of China's HR violations, and they don't pretend to be righteous either. Just because China are not saints does not in any way absolve the US of any responsibility. In fact its quite the opposite. The fact of the matter is the US have yet again been outed as the evil regime they really are. Instead of attacking the Chinese for releasing this paper, why not go after the US government and all of the willful employees who carry out their orders for money, and deal with them?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Take a number China

Human Rights... China...

You guys doing taste tours at your bath salt factories?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
To all the thread derailers and finger pointers to china: the report is a UN report.
China just released it.

Now, please back to discussing content and not sources, thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh well then It's from the UN report ! ! ! ! !

So if that report is to be 'true' then that tells the entire world ?

Just how useless the UN is.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

svetlana84
To all the thread derailers and finger pointers to china: the report is a UN report.
China just released it.

It's not a U.N. report . . . the language is not in a manner used for "official" international reports. It seems to have been written by a 21 y.o. (or younger). It was published by the State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China (and clearly as propaganda, when you look at some of the phrasing). Nowhere in the report does it state the this was commissioned by the U.N.

Right off the bat, in the foreword, it begins talking about issues that are not "human rights violations" of the U.S. government. The mass shootings and unemployment aren't things the U.S. is doing to it's citizens (sure, we can all argue about the roll the government plays in these issues, but they are not what you generally consider rights violations).

Then the question arises of the accuracy of any information coming from the the Chinese Information Office . . .

What evidence is produced for statements like:

"There are a large amount of child laborers in the agricultural sector in the U.S. and their physical and mental health was seriously harmed"

Going on to the first section they are wrong about the trending of violent crime, if you check FBI statistics over the last 25yrs. They again focus on "gun violence" and random acts, as if that is a government sponsored rights violation, and their evidence is media outlet publications?

Never mind juvenile statements like:

Anyone with firearm owner's identification card in the U.S. is allowed to pack heat in places except the no-go zones including schools, parks and restaurants

Yes, I'm sure the "guys and gals" at the U.N. always write like a teenager telling a story? And before anyone says "that's just a quote from the source" . . . no it's not. Here is the actual article that is referenced:
USA Today 01.08.14

I've read the whole report and it reads like someone mad at a rival on facebook . . . I could go on, but you get the point, right?
edit on 3/6/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Also . .. Before the circular argument about whether it is a "U.N. Report" gets going . . .

Please direct to the actual "U.N. Report", per the supplied weblink to the U.N. section on Human Rights:
U.N. website HR section

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
LOL....

And here we are, arguing over who is the worst, yet the intended effect attained.

Does no one else find the timing of this a bit odd? Russia and China in bed....problem in Crimea...Russia getting castigated on the world stage...China says "we'll help for lower contracts!!".....China releases report on US indiscrimination...

We fight over who's worse, deflect from real issue....this is psyop 101; reminding the "world stage" of the gravity of things, true or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Based on your detailed rebuttal I was hazard a guess that this wasn't even written by the Chinese. Hoax?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

svetlana84
China just released it.

Firstly. It is not a UN report.

Secondly. The list of "violations" includes many things which are not "human rights". Unemployment is not human rights. The purpose of this piece of work is just to list as much stuff as possible that may be interpreted as negative about the US, or presented in such a superficial and bias way as to support or create a particular anti-US mind-set.

Thirdly. It is not "derailing" to point out that China has terrible human rights. If China wants to produce such a report, then they must take the feedback. Although, like most international HR organisations (e.g. Amnesty), my response to this report will be censored in China.

Regards

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

No, the Chinese are taking credit for it. It's their annual rebuttal to the U.S. report on human rights.

Most of the MSM outlets are picking this up now and commenting on it.

However, it clearly is written to elicit an emotional response and feed misinformation to those that are sympathetic. And I'm sure the U.S. uses the same tactic in their reports (misinformation, exaggerations, unsupported claims).

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Gotcha. basically business as usual kind of stuff, we try and make them look bad, and then they try and make us look bad, meanwhile bleeding hearts get caught up in the propaganda and lose sight of the fact that both governments pretty much suck.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

its just as funny as the usa getting mad at russia for invading ukraine lol

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I look it this way, whether right or wrong.

"Hey, Chiox, you can't steal that car." "Hey Sam, why not? I saw you steal that Twinkee."
This is what we are talking about when you U.S. haters out there call us hypocrites on human rights.

Oversimplification of course, but get some perspective and realize that humans will be humans and humans with power will want to use it otherwise what value does it have? Our Constitution gets the crap beat out of it, and always has, but that banner yet waves. We are without a doubt the greatest superpower that has ever existed when it comes to freedom and human rights.

Now think about that last statement. I bet it causes some people to have that bile taste in their mouths. Well settle down and really read what I said. You don't become a superpower without being big and strong obviously. I didn't say we were the best Country on God's green Earth or anything like that. I said we were the greatest "Super Power" that has ever been. In my life time there have been 3. Soviets, China, and the U.S. but history has seen the Romans, the Greeks, Nazi's, Khans, Pharaohs, Kings, Queens, etc...
Think of every and any Super Power that has ever been in power on Earth ever......compare their human rights to the United States........That is the only fair comparison......Now for you that think our Country is the greatest, it ain't because you are the greatest or the people are magically better than anyone else. It is that piece of paper and those brilliant Europeans that created it and for all those that have protected it through out the years. Not you hillbillies that think the 2nd amendment is what keeps us safe and strong and is the only amendment you bother thinking needs defending.

So yeah, we aint perfect but if you had to live in one of the 3 Super Powers Countries, where would you choose to live, make a living, raise a family, be who ever you wanted to be? So stop comparing the United States with any other country other than a super power. They have much bigger challenges than the smaller nicer countries. God Bless Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, and Norway.....especially Statoil!..........(looks around to the empty chairs, but drops the mic and walks off stage anyway)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

LOL!

China is point the finger at America for "Human Rights Abuses"? Seems a little ironic considering China has a whole mess of their own human rights abuses. As well as their little buddy to the south North Korea.... But they turn their head at that of course.

What a joke. Go home China you're drunk.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
China still has to come to the realisation that when doing this sort of stunt it still happens to be the larger of two weavels.

How they cant see that by doing this they just make themselves look stupid I dont know... unless its purely for their own internal consumption "Come citizen, we maybe harsh but look at what those in the west do!".

When you think about their political and bureaucratic culture, its not surprising they think this sort of thing somehow works.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join