It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Russia thug is tackled by Granny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Pro-Russia thug is tackled by granny

A pensioner in Ukraine took on a pro-Russian 'thug' today in an extraordinary confrontation in the flashpoint city of Donetsk.

The elderly woman tackled the younger man as two rival groups fought for control of the city hall, which had been occupied by pro-Kremlin protesters who flew the Russian flag before being removed by riot police.

As both sides stood outside the city hall, one of the Ukrainian woman tackled the pro-Vladimir Putin groups and took on the younger man, forcing him to back down.

Whatever side of this situation one finds themselves it's never a good idea to take on a Senior Citizen/Pensioner. They didn't live this long by being pushovers!

Good for her.

I think I'll call a Senior friend of mine later and see how he's doing.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My mom is Ukrainian lady and now everyone knows why you should never mess with one.
ever.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I sincerely hope all of your moms family still living there stays safe.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But if that guy would have slapped that old lady back it would have been outrageous, right? So its all good because she bashes pro-russians, ok got it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yusomad

But if that guy would have slapped that old lady back it would have been outrageous, right? So its all good because she bashes pro-russians, ok got it.

If that man would have dared to slap that lady she would have removed his head from his shoulders

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
so being pro-russian automatically makes you a thug? he didnt do anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Rikku

As I see it, the guy was the least threatening individual nearby, granny saw the TV camera and ran for it. That guy was most likely wondering why the old cow was charging against him.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know if many of us truly understand the situation in Russia and the surrounding countries, as it is probably something you have to live in and experience to grasp to the fullest extent. With that said, I am wondering why there seem to be so many younger people supporting Putin in the first place. I understand that the region is rife with racial tensions and other problems, so maybe it has to do with the upbringing of the younger generations, and depending on which side their parents supported...

I suppose I was wondering if the Russian government actually pays young people like this to go around intimidating the populace. It would make sense from a strategical point of view, considering they are not government forces and thus could not be so easily tied to the government itself. But what makes me doubt my idea is that I am not sure the government and Putin would care if their tactics were unearthed, as there is nothing anyone can do about it. But for that to be the case, one must either have major support among the populace, or they must have a firm military/police grip on the populace.

So I guess I am asking whether anyone truly knows and can explain why there are hoodlums running around supporting Putin, who has been proven to be a relatively corrupt politician?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I wonder why is there people supporting an openly fascist coupist government myself, but alas...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That granny grew up during the cold war, and knows full well what it was like during the 'Soviet Empire'.

She prolly learned how to take care of herself way back

And indeed good for her

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Rikku

Guess you haven't been paying attention to Russia's longest serving 'president' then.

Or been paying attention to places like Syria,Iraq, and Afghanistan, Georgia, and now Ukraine.

Putin didn't do anything ?

Hello ?

Real world is knocking at your door.

Are you gonna open it ?

Or just going to continue turning a blind eye to reality ?

And the reality is Putin, and Russia is a thug state, a mafia state.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love stories about hard core ol' grannies. God bless 'em.
They've lived it .. they've seen it ... the know the story.
I love their spunk ....

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

JiggyPotamus
I don't know if many of us truly understand the situation in Russia and the surrounding countries, as it is probably something you have to live in and experience to grasp to the fullest extent. With that said, I am wondering why there seem to be so many younger people supporting Putin in the first place. I understand that the region is rife with racial tensions and other problems, so maybe it has to do with the upbringing of the younger generations, and depending on which side their parents supported...

I suppose I was wondering if the Russian government actually pays young people like this to go around intimidating the populace. It would make sense from a strategical point of view, considering they are not government forces and thus could not be so easily tied to the government itself. But what makes me doubt my idea is that I am not sure the government and Putin would care if their tactics were unearthed, as there is nothing anyone can do about it. But for that to be the case, one must either have major support among the populace, or they must have a firm military/police grip on the populace.

So I guess I am asking whether anyone truly knows and can explain why there are hoodlums running around supporting Putin, who has been proven to be a relatively corrupt politician?

I'm 25 years old, not being payed by government and supporting Putin becase he is currently the best leader in the world.

He has stopped destruction of Russia by western agents. I was a child in 90s and I remember chemtrailed skies, condoms given to kids in the streets, heroin junkies, AIDS/pro-gay social ads, violent thugs, shooting and extreme poverty everywhere. When Putin came to power it was total hell, but in 14 years he managed to get rid of most of those problems we were facing.

This conflict in Ukraine is not actually about Ukraine. It's western bankers vs Russia. The funny thing is that people with SS heritage and nationalistic views were always considered separatists in Ukraine. Now they are "in charge"! You have no idea how many people there are outraged by this fact. Too little time has passed I say. It will be like in Egypt. Synthetic puppet authorities will be removed by the people.

If you are going to label me as brainwashed, then I automatically label you as brainwashed too. Hope that's fair enough.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ya know, maybe it's time we mobilized all the grannies to sweep the world house and rid it of all these jerks everywhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

dashen
My mom is Ukrainian lady and now everyone knows why you should never mess with one.
ever.

Yup don't mess with a babushka.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Awesome...

With that being said I was under the impression, according to Russia, that no one wanted to be a part of Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

join