It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i legally run around my area with the american flag upside down?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You have a constitutional right to express yourself. You can run with the flag on fire, but be prepared to have your a$$ handed to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Jordan River
Can i run around my city with the flag upside down? Without being charged, fined or jailed? I wonder if ats will let me ask this question

will you be wearing underneath the flag?

If no, you might get a few whistles and then arrested for public exposure.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yes, you can legally run around with the flag upside down. USC Texas v. Johnson basically lifted prohibitions on flag desecration to the extent of even burning the US flag as a form of political speech and is protected under the First Amendment. If you can burn it, you can hang it upside down. However, like other posters' have already said, that doesn't mean that you're going to be protected from others' freedom of speech for doing so.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yes you can, you can hang it upside down, burn it, defecate on it. do anything you want to it as long as you pay your taxes.
However you must show absolute respect even reverence to every other countries flag even though you know they are sending their criminal trash here too feed off the taxes you must pay the taxes that filter down to support them and they claim so many loopholes that and they not only 'don't' pay taxes they get a check on top of it.

Try hanging a Mexican flag upside down in Los Angeles and your life can be measured with an hourglass before some illegal alien Oh I'm sorry 'undocumented immigrant' is the PC term correct term or not if they were worth keeping they would still be home.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Jordan River
Can i run around my city with the flag upside down? Without being charged, fined or jailed? I wonder if ats will let me ask this question

If you don't live in california and your flags on your tshirt and you don't do it on the 5th of may...apparantly, yes.

The question remains, WHY would you want to do it...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

VforVendettea

Yes you can, you can hang it upside down, burn it, defecate on it. do anything you want to it as long as you pay your taxes.

Man, THAT IS A DEMOCRACY...i wish i lived in a country were i could take a dump on the flag and then burn it.

But here , sadly, by the time i had my pants half way down my legs the police would be beating me indecent exposure.

I would have to do it at home....

God bless the land of the free and the home of the brave, where anyone can free the chocolate hostage on the flag and burn it without fear of legal retribution.

In Spain, it is terribly illegal, as is burning photos of the king...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join