It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensions in Ukraine to be halved - sequestration draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The self-proclaimed government in Kiev is reportedly planning to cut pensions by 50 percent as part of unprecedented austerity measures to save Ukraine from default. With an “empty treasury”, reduction of payments might take place in March.

So there we have it! I always said that the whole Ukrainian "revolution" is an IMF/Bankster war. Now the ones who worked all their lives get as 1st the cactus up the (_O_).

So much for "Freedom, democracy & western values..."

ETA:

Sorry forgot the Link

Yes it is RT, yet so far its no where else listed yet.
edit on 6 3 2014 by Guenter because: forgot the link

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Now thats something unexpected, not.
But lets wait till the "real"(western) news pick up on it, the anti-putin crowd wont like it otherwise.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi Ukraine,

Bend over and welcome to the club. And remember, you asked for this.

Lots of love,

EU/IMF

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I recall a situation some years ago in which some Oligarch had closed a factory in St. Petersburg for "downsizing". Several 1,000 workers out of work and no pension and compensation. Putin personally forced that bastard to pay the outstanding wages from his own pocket. Austeity begins not by the little guy getting less but by the big bastard tightening the belt.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Guenter
reply to post by khimbar

I recall a situation some years ago in which some Oligarch had closed a factory in St. Petersburg for "downsizing". Several 1,000 workers out of work and no pension and compensation. Putin personally forced that bastard to pay the outstanding wages from his own pocket. Austeity begins not by the little guy getting less but by the big bastard tightening the belt.

I dont think that kind of news is going to be shown in western media, or bode well with the evil image.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well who'd have thunk it. Put a central banker puppet in charge and it doesn't take long to start with the austerity garbage.

Next up will be the "foreign Investment", otherwise known as privatization of all services and corporations moving in for the tax breaks and low wages without benefits. Those Ukrainian folks must be so pleased to have the freedom and Western values starting to be implemented so quickly by their newly installed (unelected) government!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Britguy
Well who'd have thunk it. Put a central banker puppet in charge and it doesn't take long to start with the austerity garbage.

Next up will be the "foreign Investment", otherwise known as privatization of all services and corporations moving in for the tax breaks and low wages without benefits. Those Ukrainian folks must be so pleased to have the freedom and Western values starting to be implemented so quickly by their newly installed (unelected) government!

Oh they are absolutely thrilled! And if the so austerity minded western oligarchs begin raising the price for vodka then TSHTF for sure. I once talked to a T-34 Veteran from WW-2 who found the whole thing actually "fun" since even under war rationing each T-34 crew had 1 L of vodka ration for the night. Those guys know how to party, and austerity means just that, - no more party.

What will we call the next revolution? The Vodka or "Clear" revolution?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You sure that news wasn't from the U.S.?.... pretty sure thats the new thing. Breaking contracts and cutting pensions from the working class.
Pretty sure the republican types here support that sort of thing so why would it be news to happen in Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Nope this concerns the Ukraine and its "newly and free elected democratic pro-western government"

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Not that I trust anyone with ties to the IMF further than I can throw them...
but what would be the alternative to austerity, given it is true that Ukraine's treasury is empty?
Who should pay the bill? Because there is a bill on the table... no matter what you think of it.
edit on 6-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by Guenter

Not that I trust anyone with ties to the IMF further than I can throw them...
but what would be the alternative to austerity, given it is true that Ukraine's treasury is empty?
Who should pay the bill? Because there is a bill on the table... no matter what you think of it.
edit on 6-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Start with the rich. As they say its very hard to pick pocket from a naked man. But all the IMF and cronies do is exactly that. Look at our Wallstreet collapse in 08. The CEO get "Bonuses"!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Austerity is all you get when you join the E.U. No one in their right mind would join.Even England doesn't want to know about it. So the Ukraine rioted to join? I don't think so. More than meets the eye here, for sure.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ukraine, welcome to Europe 2014.

If you thought things were bad under the Russians....your now the EU's bitch.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

So,how long before things go sour between NATO,The EU and US Government and the Fascist government they just installed? Once they realize they won't be getting the sweet heart deals from we will start to hear how they are "terrorists".

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

mike dangerously
reply to post by Guenter

So,how long before things go sour between NATO,The EU and US Government and the Fascist government they just installed? Once they realize they won't be getting the sweet heart deals from we will start to hear how they are "terrorists".

Pretty much so. Once they don't dance to the western IMF/Bankster tunes they are terrorists. Till then they are "Freedom fighters".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Guenter
Start with the rich. As they say its very hard to pick pocket from a naked man. But all the IMF and cronies do is exactly that. Look at our Wallstreet collapse in 08. The CEO get "Bonuses"!

If by rich you meant the former olygarchy, then they and their money are already gone (except for a few accounts that where frozen by the IMF via EZB), but their funds wouldn't have been enough to consolidate the economy of a country of 45 million anyways.

If you meant the upper middle-class then the Ukraine might aswell default, and for good... since the middle-class is the backbone of any economy, and no one would invest another dime for years to come.

You're right ofc that its hard to take from a naked man... but Ukraine needs broadly distributed correction, in line with thorough reforms to get back on their feet... and that is what we call austerity.
edit on 7-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join