It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea's parliament votes in favor of leaving Ukraine for Russia, referendum scheduled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

muse7
Let's see if the same people supporting Russia and Putin, gladly welcome Mexico when they come asking for Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oregon, Utah, Nevada and California.

Mexico does have deep roots in these places.

Also when Argentina decides to take back the Falklands, let's see if the Brits just sit back and allow them to take the islands.

I sure would welcome such a move. And eventually it will happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

buster2010

Why should God interfere when people vote for what they want? God supposedly gave us free will but when people vote for something that the west doesn't want he should step in and change it?

Let they vote their future BUT without previous invasion of foreign troops.Suddenly Crimea wants independence after Russian troops arrived(should i need to roll my eyes).

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I guess you're missing the point I was making; The Right to Self-Determination.

The people of Crimea wish to be a part of Russia and not the Ukraine.....who has the right to deny them their wish?

As for The Falklands; in March 2013 a referendum was held there which saw 99.8% of the turnout vote to remain an Overseas Territory of The United Kingdom.
That was their choice, no-one coerced or forced them, that was an expression of their free choice and their Right to Self-Determination.
Of course the UK would support and protect them if Argentina was foolish enough to try another invasion.

What is stopping Mexico annexing Texas, California etc? - probably the majority of the people who live there who don't wish to be a part of Mexico.
If they tried could you imagine the response from the US?
I think it would be a damn sight more extreme than Russia has currently done so, and its not exactly the same thing.

As I implied earlier; imagine the response from the US if one of their major and strategically important military bases throught the world were compromised? How far would the US go to protect its interests?
edit on 6/3/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

How can they arrive, when they were already stationed there? They are only "invading" because western media is telling us that they are.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

muse7

Also when Argentina decides to take back the Falklands, let's see if the Brits just sit back and allow them to take the islands.

99% of the Falklands WANT to be British Citizens that's the point.

The majority of Crimea seem to want to be Russian.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yusomad

How can they arrive, when they were already stationed there? They are only "invading" because western media is telling us that they are.

Are you blind , Russia invaded and occupied Crimea surrounding and securing all military bases which was Ukrainan.

Ethnic Russian populations in other former Soviet republics (%):

estonia 30
latvia 34
Lithuania 9
belarus 13
moldova 13
ukraine 22
georgia 6
armenia 2
kazakhstan 37
kyrgyzstan 21
tajikistan 4
uzbekistan 8
turkmenistan 10
azerbaijan 6
ukraine 22

WHO IS NEXT ?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Putin is a mad dog and he needs to be in chains.

You do know that much instability in Ukraine was caused by western NGO's, billionaires like Soros, etc and neocons like Victory Nuland who are on record admitting the US pumped billions of dollars into the destabilization of that country?

I also remember JFK blockading Cuba to prevent Russian missiles being moved there. You think Putin wants our missiles on their doorstep? I don't.

This whole thing stinks of western manipulation and interference.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Russia’s 25,000-troop allowance & other facts you may not know about Crimea

Ukraine’s statement at the UN that ‘16,000 Russian soldiers had been deployed’ across Crimea sparked a MSM feeding frenzy that steadfastly ignored any hard facts that got in their way.

Especially unwelcome is the fact that the so-called ‘invasion force’ has been there for 15 years already.

The media many trust described in hysterical tones how the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was under a full-scale Russian invasion with headlines like: “Ukraine says Russia sent 16,000 troops to Crimea”, “Ukraine crisis deepens as Russia sends more troops into Crimea,” as well as “What can Obama do about Russia's invasion of Crimea?”.

Facts, and ardent statements by top Russian diplomats were totally ignored by the western ‘war press’.

Russian UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin pointed to the longstanding 25,000 troop allowance while FM Sergey Lavrov stressed the Russian military “strictly executes the agreements which stipulate the Russian fleet’s presence in Ukraine, and follows the stance and claims coming from the legitimate authority in Ukraine and in this case the legitimate authority of the Autonomous Republic Crimea as well.”

rt.com...

the nwo just installed this guy

jeeeez

now prove it ain't so
edit on 6-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

The ex-Israeli soldier who led a Kiev fighting unit
'Delta' has headed 'the Blue Helmets of Maidan' of 40 men and women - including several IDF veterans - in violent clashes with government forces.

Delta told JTA in Hebrew laced with military jargon. “I joined them then and there, and I started fighting back the way I learned how, through urban warfare maneuvers. People followed, and I found myself heading a platoon of young men. Kids, really.”

The other ex-IDF infantrymen joined the Blue Helmets later after hearing it was led by a fellow vet, Delta said.

As platoon leader, Delta says he takes orders from activists connected to Svoboda, an ultra-nationalist party that has been frequently accused of anti-Semitism and whose members have been said to have had key positions in organizing the opposition protests.

“I don’t belong [to Svoboda], but I take orders from their team. They know I’m Israeli, Jewish and an ex-IDF soldier. They call me ‘brother,’” he said.
www.haaretz.com...

well everything i ever said about nazis zionists and bankers right there in front of everyone
zionazis
edit on 6-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

crazyewok

muse7

99% of the Falklands WANT to be British Citizens that's the point.

The majority of Crimea seem to want to be Russian.

That, and the British claim goes back to before Argentina was even a country.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

side note
what happens when the islamists that are being let into Britian by the elites out vote the Brits I wonder

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by khimbar

side note
what happens when the islamists that are being let into Britian by the elites out vote the Brits I wonder

Why a race war, of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

khimbar

Why a race war, of course.

No you got to say it like this....

edit on 6-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You wouldn't believe how much that just made me laugh. I thank you. Felt good.

And to keep this on topic, what's the current actual state of Crimea being Russian? Anyone know?

Currently feels like we have Schrodinger's Crimea here. It's in and out (but not shaking it all about).

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
this is just east (Russia) against west (NATO), the Ukraine just happens to be caught in the middle of the two ideals.

lets see this seems that there was a "power struggle" between those IN the Ukraine over who to side with. there are those who want to go with the west, and those that want to go with the east. the president is firmly on the side of the east. so of course those that favor the west hold a demonstration to show heir support. things of course are tense. shots are fired, both the police and protesters get shot. the protesters of course think that the police have fired on them (logical thought) and so they go ballistic, and on the offensive. the police thinking that the protesters shot them also go on the defensive, both for defense, and to do their jobs at protecting the government (again a logical thought).

the opposition of course decide that a revolution is called for, start one, and pretty much take control of the government. yet again this is a very logical thought

now the president escapes into Russia with the news of this COUP and asks for Russia's AID in quelling the COUP and restoring the rightful government. Russia agrees and sends in their army. now this is all PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE under international law as i understand it. heads of nations are allowed to ask allies for help in quelling revolutions or coups.

now this is very important. it would seem that those fired shots that started it were actually snipers. it also seems that these snipers were working on behalf of the opposition to stir the people up to start a revolution to take over so they can join the "west". which actually puts the president in the right. which means that the "invading" Russian forces are also in the right. after all they were INVITED by the legitimate ruler of the country, to help put down the "rebellion".

now the Russians hold Crimea and held a "referendum" of course being mainly "east" supporting people they naturally seem want to go with the east. seems legitimate. so i would at this point say that area "belongs" to Russia.

as for the rest of the Ukraine what needs to happen at this point, is for the "revolutionary government" to step aside for the legitimate government and help calm the "western" supporters down. while the president and the "eastern supporters" need to calm their side down. then the "legitimate leaders", minus of course those involved in the "revolutionary government" (how can any of them be trusted after a coup at least until they can be ruled out as instigators) need to work at investigating just who the snipers were, who was involved and bring them to justice. the "western NATO" countries need to stay completely out of it unless the "legitimate government" requests their help in whatever capacity. the same for the "eastern Russian" side (tho at this point i would take a help request to them as a given). the UN should also be involved as "impartial" people to help figure it all out, (can we REALLY trust them to be impartial tho?), as that is exactly the type of thing they were set up to do. there should then be a "referendum" in what is left of the Ukraine to see what the people want to do, tho it could be depending on that, that what is best would be to split it up so that we end up with a "east Ukraine" and a "west Ukraine" as at this point there is a real possibility that to much damage has been done to reconcile the country.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, can't wait to see what Obomber has to say about this.

Seems like he's got to do something. I know he didn't just assume this wasn't gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

saidative
Wow, can't wait to see what Obomber has to say about this.

I know he didn't just assume this wasn't gonna happen.

Or was this payment for Putin keeping Snowden under control?

edit on 31331America/ChicagoThu, 06 Mar 2014 12:31:14 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
whoah... never thought of that. That sounds pretty right on.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, Putin has played it perfectly. I'm guessing this is how it will go...

- The "invasion" of Crimea wasnt really hostile, even though there where some minor disputes.
- Crimea then tells everyone they want to they want to join Russia.
- Ukraine says they will never let go of Crimea.
- Crimean people vote yes on joining Russia
- Ukraine invade/occupy Crimea
- UN/EU cant do crap because the Ukraine has become a rouge country invading Russia, ie Russia act in selfdefense and can probably call for UN to invade evil Ukraine.

And everyone will wonder wtf just happened.
edit on 6-3-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

There you have it. We have our 'New Axis' for the Third World War (should it happen). The U.S., E.U. and N.A.T.O. are losing their grip on the world. The U.N. is, however, cementing its grasp via Russia, China, France and the United Kingdom. Israel was a product of British Colonialism in disguise, Germany and the U.K. recognized one another during WWII (even if they were on 'opposing sides') as bona fide and genuine Aryan nations (like Japan) of superior genetic consistency. Here we have an ex-IDF vigilante working alongside and even taking orders from the Russian-backed, Ukrainian Ultra-Nationalist political party known as Svoboda, which has a record of very anti-Semitic tendencies and viewpoints. The United States government, infiltrated by the U.N. and N.A.T.O.-backed foreign-interests of Washington, D.C. and Wall Street, along with Israel and the European Union, is supporting modern day Nazis.

So, my fellow Americans, have you had enough yet? Are you ready to stand up, get off your computer screens, and unite in the name of liberty, freedom, and humanity? Let's do this already. I for one am sick of it!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Mexicans would only get the parts of California that border the Russians claim. The Russian River community in California was founded by Russians. Putin could claim the state of Alaska.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join