It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Newly Discovered Ancient Manuscripts from Dead Sea Scrolls Cave.'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

MysterX
Sorry, but i'm thinking this has to be religious propaganda BS.

70 years in their possession, taken from one of the most historically important religious archaelogical sites in the region, after they had found the DSS...and they've only just got around to examining them after seven decades?

Nah seriously can't believe that...probably fakes containing a 'preferred version of cleverly forged 'ancient events' IMO.

Or, they're the most incompetent religious historians and archaeologists on planet Earth.
edit on 6-3-2014 by MysterX because: typo

I can understand why, logically speaking, someone could draw this conclusion. However, the conclusion is still incorrect. There have been countless instances of historically significant artifacts being packed away in a museum storage room, only to sit there for decades. In fact, there are still things packed away that would definitely upset the historical records and maybe even the ideas of the origins of man, if some of the stories are to be believed. But this is definitely something that does occur, especially if the artifacts were found a long time ago and were then packed away. Only more recently has the academic community began catching up, although they are still doing a relatively poor job.

If there were one place in the world I could go and look through their storage rooms, it would be the Smithsonian. I firmly believe they have a few artifacts in their possession, artifacts that have inexplicably disappeared in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. I suppose a case could be made for the purposeful withholding of evidence, as well as the destruction of evidence. There have been claims of the Smithsonian actually carting artifacts off onto a barge and dumping them in deep water. Now I don't know if that much is accurate, but it begs the question...are there things that certain people in such positions would want to cover up?

Another interesting case revolves around the Egyptian themed area of the Grand Canyon, which is the same area where no access is granted to anyone, aside from archaeologists and maybe some authorities or government employees. If there were not Native American legends, and reports from earlier Americans regarding the eccentricities of the area, and artifacts in the area of a non-Native character, then I probably wouldn't think there was anything there. But the stories coincide with the Egyptian names, and it really makes one wonder if there is more to that particular story.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

This is total BS and offpost... hopefully a mod will weigh in and brand this off topic... this is the same fascist bull that plagues these posts..

Israel as any country which has tourists loves and respects them especially from the West... often times they may even invite you to their homes if they find you to be an upstanding person... Hopefully, on your next trip there... you and your loved ones will just pop across the border of Israel (pick anyone you like)... for a pint in the nonexistent pubs with your female loved ones dressed in a tank top... then lets talk about 'love'... and how much love you feel..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dude! 80% they're not showing! How about a change.org on that.

What an outrage. Well, hopefully they'll release some new stuff, but then you got to wonder how legit it is. I guess if they show the actual scroll, that's pretty descent proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Booo hsss pssss, conspiracy,.thats all i see from the dss.

Nothing has been damaging at all. To some jesus was God and will be. I've read the dss, a few eye opening information ,nothing detrimental.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

Vasa Croe
Wonder if the text will actually be released. We all know we can't have anything floating around that would make Christians look silly now don't we.

other than making money off of Christians, Israel is not all that Christian friendly.
sure they tolerate them, take their money, and the government may say they are, but most of the population can't stand Christians.

Israel Really Isn't All That Friendly to Its Christians

just one opinion from a google search, and if you do a video search you see more.

edit on 6-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Are you serious, Jews dont like Christians? Well I never, sure they love us wonderful people, we are the gentiles, the Samaritans, the uncircumcised, whats not to love.

sarcasm aside.
Are you just trying to stir a little antijudaism sentiment with those comments?

As for the scrolls themselves, I would be guessing they are just a few copies of known text or paint Israel in a bad light, making Israel look like a corrupt evil kingdom with many faults.

If you have ever read the old Testament you would notice that the majority of its teaching suggest Israel was a corrupt evil kingdom with many faults.
Just like anywhere else in the world

or maybe it suggests Jesus would be the messiah. Now that would be worth hiding from the Jews.

edit on 6-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Originally the Scrolls were held by the Catholic Priests in the area who starte3d to translate them. In fairness they were in a state and it was never going to be a fast read.

What I remember reading at the time was that some of the Priests left their faith on reading them. However during some upheaval the Jews took over the area where the scrolls were and took them off the Priests. Today they are housed in various locations in Israel, including the Rockerfella place. Unfortunately there, admission is only to certain people so they have been deliberately kept right away from many people who were interested in them.

I know from several documentaries from Quamran that instead of it being, as originally supposed, just a group of Jews who wanted to be left alone to pursue their own religious lifestyle, it appears that they had smelting works and had been manufacturing weapons for some kind of uprising. I did read that Jesus was supposed, as the Messiah, to have led the Jews against the Romans but he deferred away from this. There were found a number of horoscopes where the Essenes obviously had been looking for the future Messiah and had been checking their children's charts. Some of it is difficult to understand because Christ was not born in Quamran and the Messiah was supposedly (I thought) to be from King David's bloodline so probably may not have been an Essene.

An interesting thing is that Jesus never said he was the Messiah I think, so interest in him for this role could have been counterproductive to him being the Son of God for the Christians. The Messiah I thought was to lead and fight for the Jews. Its a little bit like the legend of King Arthur whom many English think will come again to defend them if England was ever threatened.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

prophetboy12
reply to post by Cathcart

TPTB don't want the info released that would jeopardize their Money and Power, that they have gained by usurpation, back into the hands of those who would use the info contained, to realize and begin to start using those powers given to them by divine right. They know that once the true heirs understand the latent power that the rightful heirs have that their day is done.

What info is this, exactly?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

reply to post by borntowatch

i was replying to a members post about hiding some supposed imaginary truth about the origins of Christianity.
pointing out that jews don't coddle Christians.

i guess i should have said some instead of is not all that Christian friendly.
sometime the reading.., well i wont go there.

i should have pointed out that the IAA (Israel Antiquities Authority ) handles all matters of the dead sea scrolls in Israel.

In honor of the 60th anniversary of the discovery of the scrolls last year, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), the custodian of the scrolls, which maintains a laboratory dedicated solely to their conservation, convened a conference this year on the urgent matter of their conservation. The IAA called on experts from the Italian Ministry of Culture to seek solutions to unsolved issues, such as releasing fragments that are still encased in the original glass plates in which they were placed in the 1950s.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, Israel

then knowing that majority of the population of Israel identify as being jewish

Israel is also the only country in the world where a majority of citizens are Jewish. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, the population in 2011 was 75.4% Jewish, 20.6% Arab, and 4.1% minority groups.[1] The religious affiliation of the Israeli population[vague] as of 2011 was 75.4% Jewish, 16.9% Muslim, 2.1% Christian, and 1.7% Druze, with the remaining 4.0% not classified by religion.[2]

then posted some of theses videos instead of a opinion piece from the wall street journal.

www.youtube.com...=208
i edited this and gave a link due to language, you should watch this one.

further, i support Israel and the Jewish state, sad fact is that just like any where else in the world one group hates another and Christians seem to take more heat world wide than anyone else.

edit on 6-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

They must've just gotten done writing this fake crap too like most of the other fake crap that is out there so they can control the masses!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The first vid could be graffiti done sourly be the filmmaker - proves nothing, really.

However, the second vid is very disturbing indeed. No offence hounddoghowlie, but can anyone else shed light on it? Is it representative, or as the guy tells the interviewer is it this just a few nutters?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Nice S&F

I love when they find new information about that time...

Its curious why there are no first century texts..

almost as if everything around the time of Jesus was destroyed for some reason... OR hidden

Perhaps there are some texts that actually came from his time that might reveal what he really said...

Lets hope these texts are translated, dated and released to the public as soon as possible

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

andy1972

How did the Rockerfellers come to have them....

they purchased them (all of them) but then released a few to be studied. They locked away the rest. They were working in collusion with the Rothschilds. They are not hiding it because it could make Christians or belief in God look bad....they are hiding the information for the exact opposite reason.

They want the state to be our god....they wants statism to be our religion

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

This is total BS and offpost... hopefully a mod will weigh in and brand this off topic... this is the same fascist bull that plagues these posts..

Israel as any country which has tourists loves and respects them especially from the West... often times they may even invite you to their homes if they find you to be an upstanding person... Hopefully, on your next trip there... you and your loved ones will just pop across the border of Israel (pick anyone you like)... for a pint in the nonexistent pubs with your female loved ones dressed in a tank top... then lets talk about 'love'... and how much love you feel..

Ummmm, ok? Seems someone got outa bed the wrong way?

Dude, chill out.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

beansidhe
Either way, they have now been 'discovered' and it will be fascinating to discover the 2000 year old messages they contain.

Praise for some dusty old god, probably, along with a list of things you're not supposed to do or the aforementioned dusty god will smite you big-time.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

it is my belief they know exactly what is written in them, which is why they have sifted out the bit that will make no difference to anyones current learning, but the rest which is what they have archived contain information they do not want anyone of us to know about...... to me it's that simple...... and as you say, who has them now!!!! ah ha who else! we are not free we are sheep it's written....... good to see this subject is brought up again.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Akragon

Nice S&F

I love when they find new information about that time...

Its curious why there are no first century texts..

almost as if everything around the time of Jesus was destroyed for some reason... OR hidden

Perhaps there are some texts that actually came from his time that might reveal what he really said...

Lets hope these texts are translated, dated and released to the public as soon as possible

I love it too, not so one side or the other can be proved right or wrong, but exactly as you say, to find out more about what he really said. Historically, these are priceless and it is infuriating that one group or another would suppress information.
Fingers crossed there will be access for a range of scholars to examine them, and we hear about them very soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

McGinty

The first vid could be graffiti done sourly be the filmmaker - proves nothing, really.

However, the second vid is very disturbing indeed. No offence hounddoghowlie, but can anyone else shed light on it? Is it representative, or as the guy tells the interviewer is it this just a few nutters?

here maybe this will shed a little more light. kinda straight from the horses mouth. remember this is a Israeli news paper.

IDF Soldiers Warned Against Contact with Messianic Jews

The so-called “anti-missionaries” became aware that a soldier had come to faith in Yeshua most likely from reading one of the many Messianic or Christian newsletters and websites they follow. So they reported to the Ministry of Defense and IDF authorities that “the cult of Jews who preach Christianity are running missionary activities at Beit Hachayal.”

this is all i'm gonna post on this as i don't want to be accused of topic drift.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Blue Shift

beansidhe
Either way, they have now been 'discovered' and it will be fascinating to discover the 2000 year old messages they contain.

Praise for some dusty old god, probably, along with a list of things you're not supposed to do or the aforementioned dusty god will smite you big-time.

Lol! Spindly, tattooed Scottish women are an abomination to God and should be avoided at all costs! I won't be so keen on the manuscripts if that's what's revealed....

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wow, I am simply dumbfounded at the possibility that these were actually never inspected for 60 years.

What asinine archivist is responsible for such a tragedy of information stewardship? These idiotic academics are supposed to optimally organize materials for research purposes not entomb it.

What else do these fools have hidden away?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

beansidhe
Lol! Spindly, tattooed Scottish women are an abomination to God and should be avoided at all costs! I won't be so keen on the manuscripts if that's what's revealed....

Just because it's old doesn't make it more valuable. Junk gets old, too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join