It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomenon - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow!! Don't know what it could be. I've only read page one so far, so not sure if it was asked, but how did the dog react?? Good find by the way.....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I vote for poking it with a stick.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You know what this reminds me of...anyone remember the BP oil spill, when that RV camera took a video of something very weird on the seabed? It was creepy as hell and looked like a large mass or like something from the sci-fi movie 'The Blob'.

It was pulsating and undulating like this thing seems to be doing.

Weird.

I wouldn't be standing anywhere near that thing either!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

murfdog
I vote for poking it with a stick.

I agree. If he doesn't hit it with a rock or stick he's not a man. In the event that it was filmed by a female, please include her in the next video.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Pretty strange with the undulating red blob thing going on there.....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's a portal to middle Earth reptiliansville

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

A small thermal spring..

The water is warm, rising from the mantle and mixing with minerals as it rises, causing the pulsing effect as it reaches the surface of the shallow pool, where it cools quickly and disperses.

Notice the uniform melt in the ice around the effect and the wildlife in the water, even though it's obviously the middle of winter, the water is warm enough to sustain life that shouldn't be there at that time of year....

Also to in answer to another poster who thought thermal springs were volcanic in nature... No, most thermal springs are simply a product of the geology of a region, that allows water to sink to the mantle, where it is super heated and shot back up to the surface through the same process, cooling as it passes through the porous bedrock on the way back up.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

If it were a spring wouldn't the water from the spring be coming up to the service of the water it's residing in instead of just seemingly imploding back in on itself. Because if you look at what you would think was ice at first its actually milted and its just water so if it were a spring I couldn't help but thank the water from the spring would be coming to the service of the water it is under.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Freakier than that talking mime!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jashn20002000

It is coming to the surface. Look at around 1:21 - 1:22 in the video. There are ripples on the surface showing the water is welling up.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

jashn20002000
reply to post by Kukri

If it were a spring wouldn't the water from the spring be coming up to the service of the water it's residing in instead of just seemingly imploding back in on itself. Because if you look at what you would think was ice at first its actually milted and its just water so if it were a spring I couldn't help but thank the water from the spring would be coming to the service of the water it is under.

It's not suckingback in its just the algae over the vent settling back down before the accumulated pressure blows water back up into the pond.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Yeah! Probably a little confusing for the frog though.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by w8tn4it

i was thinking poke it with a stick also! if it were a spring of somekind i would think that that would cause the silt from the bottom to be kicked up and cause the water to be murky, but its crystal. very weird also that the frog seemed fine w it.

OPer fish dont need air to breath, that ish was funny when i read it. keep workin on your english vernacular that OP was ridiculous your not there yet but soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Bizarre! S&F pal!

Seemed very toxic, copper colour kind of seemed an indicator of "danger"!!!
But then the Frog in the bottom right of the picture for the 1st half of the video seemed to be moving rather freely without problems!

I'm gonna speculate to some type of Natural Terra-Forming from below the surface!!!

Excellent find!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The red blob in the center does not appear to be silt because it has no dispersion in the water. There should be some particulates dispersed, but there isn't.

What it *LOOKS* like to me is some sort of creature like an octopus moving underneath the mud layer.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Huh... the things I saw were mushroom white with darker features in the crusty cracks on the surface. I saw them in morning light, so for all I know, they glowed at night.

I guessed they were some sort of slime mold, though they were not "slimy." Star Jelly is a known phenom, but I hadn't heard of "my" things anywhere else... weird.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I'm sure they were something along those lines, actually, but they were dry, like white store mushrooms with hexagrams of crust and were darker in the cracks between the surface "plates" on the outside and light and airy on the inside.

Sort of like small "Hortas" from that Star Trek episode where the miners are being killed by rock creatures crossed with pastry puffs... heh.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would have yelled at it !! Then if it pissed me off i would have,punched it.....then finally become best friends ...

good thread SF

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
looks like some kinda mollusc?
..or miley cyrus
anyway thanks for posting, there's another image i'll never get out of my head

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Contact a local university. They might be interested in studying it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join