It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomenon - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Char-Lee

Now check this out?

Wild! The sink hole thing is so interesting, of course areas that have flooded it is clear why they happen.

I know that when bacteria form on pond bottoms and there is seepage there are always gases formed, small bubbles surface. Interesting that nearly every phenomena can think of in my experience, that would be other than sink hold should form some bubbles or a fountain of debris heading toward the surface.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wild, interesting video, It looks like a lung breathing.
Many movies came to mind looking at it, nearly all horrors.
He is braver than me but after seeing that he should go back.

Where is it filmed?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

randyvs

Now check this out?

I think the pond needs to be investigated maybe it is a known phenomena there.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Where is it filmed?

I looked for sometime before I posted but I don't have a clue.

Char-Lee

I think the pond needs to be investigated maybe it is a known phenomena there.

Damn thing looks vicious and unforgiving to me.
edit on Ram30714v35201400000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Maybe it's some kind of liner in an irrigation pond. The warm water may have leaked hence the hole in the ice.
I've seen plastic look very organic in places were there is a slight current.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

What I find even more strange is why people film with their camera phone in portrait orientation and not landscape think about watching a movie at the cinema or your tv like that it would be a total pain in the a%* .

Interesting all the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

randyvs

Now check this out?
That's a maelstrom

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Noo... No I think that looks more like a gulf.

Maelstrom, great word.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The uploader says in the comments that it is in Lithuania.

I agree with other comments that it looks like a hot spring. The red colour could be from a mat of thermophile bacteria or algae or something. I've seen similar things in hot pools in New Zealand.

Lithuania certainly does have hot springs in some areas as a quick web search will confirm.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

brianporter
The orange mass in the middle is most likely iron oxide otherwise known as rust
If this is a spring that flows up through iron bearing rocks the iron oxide will dissolve in the water being quite heavy it will accumulate around the mouth of the spring . As the spring water filters through this rust mass the water pressure rises and lowers slightly this moves the leaf litter on the bottom of the pool exposing the rusty colored bed below.

I’ve seen this kind of rust build up in streams beds many times before but its more obvious in flowing water as there isn’t the debris on a stream bed that you get in ponds.

i'd agree with that. from a chemistry point of view that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw the colors. iron oxide. at least that is what it resembles in it's coloration and it's a simple reasonable natural explanation.

however, if i were going to go all sci-fi i would say that they've encountered the typical blob/meteorite/deadly space organism.

you proceed to poke it with a stick, at which point it latches on to the stick and won't come off. you take the stick out of the water and try shaking it off, at which point it lands on your shoe. than before you know it you've got some symbiotic creature latching onto you. then you proceed to eat some poor forest creature and the organism spreads till there's a full blown pandemic. lol

ie.

careful out there!

edit on 7-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My husband speculated that it might be tadpoles (there IS a frog in the video) or possibly some other group of bugs or fishes burrowing into the mud and disturbing the area, where there is red algae or clay at the bottom of the pond.

The only thing that stumps me about that is that the water is clearly warm...again there is a living and unfrozen frog, but there is no volcanic activity or hot springs in Lithuania that I can find.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

randyvs

Now check this out?

how do people stay near something like this? I would freak out and leave right when it starts, you never know how big a sinkhole is going to be and how fast

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Gunsmoke38
Maybe it's some kind of liner in an irrigation pond. The warm water may have leaked hence the hole in the ice.
I've seen plastic look very organic in places were there is a slight current.

For all of you who think this is a hot spring, please look at the ice around the opening. Now lookup pictures of meteor strikes on ice. See the broken shattered ice surrounding the hole. The ice looks to have been hit by something.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Qumulys
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yeah, it was pretty obvious, also mentioned by another poster on page one as well.

I'd be more inclined to agree with an artesian spring, but what we are seeing is that the warmer water has created a huge mass of algae because of the nutrients it brings and higher temps. The algae has formed a big blanket/mat which is fairly common as the warmer water is speeding it's growth and nitrogens are like adding fuel to a fire. The clutter on top is due to the normal slow currents of water in the pond which has over time deposited dirt/silt/twigs etc which get's trapped in the algae mat mostly sitting on top. As the heated water builds it eventually bursts through the algae mat showing the reddish coloured algae (yes algae blooms come in all colours) with the detristis pushed to the side, once the hot water escapes, the algae flops back into the hole and pulls the gunk back in again. Repeat.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

But then why does the hole look unnatural and not formed by just warmer water.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Baddogma
Yeah, there's something more than a simple hot spring there... actually watch the video. The red, pulsing mass looks like a huge mollusk... and it's not "clay," as there is NO diffusion like there would be if it were disturbed red clay/sediment... it's a continuous red mass and it looks friggin biological. A slime mold? An unknown, or rare, European mollusk? Probably, but either way, way cool!

On the weird end, maybe it's a creature that came with a meteor... and that reminds me of some personal weirdness...

When I was a kid in Illinois in the 1970's, there was a spectacular meteorite shower and the next morning there were several off-white, crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, masses of goo slowly pulsing and moving up the wood pillars on our front porch. They only moved an inch or four in an hour, always going up, and the largest was the size of a basketball while the smallest was golf-ball sized (though they were mounds, not complete spheres).

They looked like mounds of bread dough, even down to the crusty exterior, but they "pulsed" in unison... about four pulses a minute. Anyway, it was a cloudy morning and they evaporated when the mid-day sun finally broke through, like a bunch of shroomy vampires.

Before they vanished, a group of college kids from the Uni of Chicago showed up in the neighborhood and took samples?!

They said they'd been called by a neighbor who noticed them and had a biology background and had never seen the like before, so had called the University... so I guess they were spread through our neighborhood.

However, we never knew who called those kids, or even IF they were really college kids... and never heard anything else about it or what the samples told them. There might have been a small town newspaper story about this... but I'm fuzzy on that.

ETA and the college group were the ones who said "Maybe they came in with the meteor shower last night?" and laughed. We hadn't put it together with that possibility until then, or maybe I was being sheltered from the possibility of an alien slime invasion until the college kid opened his mouth.

edit on 3/6/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

That could have been some white slime mold:

nhgardensolutions.files.wordpress.com...

They get activated by warm temperatures. So the strong meteorite shower heats up the air, and they start appearing.

nhgardensolutions.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Char-Lee

That I am not sure about. But you can clearly see the ripples on the surface that look like they are being caused by upwelling water. Look at 1:22 on the video:

Just throwing a guess out there... perhaps it is a new spring that suddenly erupted, and the initial eruption had enough force to shatter the ice?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
IfI had to guess, it's viral marketing for a movie. Def looks cool/intriguing/scary. Poke it with a stick and it'll get ya! Reminds me of ant-lions.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the movement of the red mass reminds me of a snail's tongue scraping algae

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Rob48

Char-Lee

That I am not sure about. But you can clearly see the ripples on the surface that look like they are being caused by upwelling water. Look at 1:22 on the video:

Just throwing a guess out there... perhaps it is a new spring that suddenly erupted, and the initial eruption had enough force to shatter the ice?

Thank you, I had not seen that, pretty much says warm spring and bacterial mat or Microbial mat.Very little flow, it may grow over time.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Reminds me of how oil looks when it is mixed with water. If you've ever mixed oil & water together in a jar, then you probably understand what I mean when I mention the way it moves. Oil is separate from water, as they do not mix when in contact with one another.

I'm not saying that I believe this is the answer, only that it reminds me of how oil behaves when it moves in water. Maybe it could be what we see in the video, or maybe it's something that has similar characteristics of oil. Probably not, but just throwing it out there for consideration...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join