this whole allergy
so certain foods
are banned. thing has gone way out of control.
kid has an allergy? fine, it happens the parents
the child NOT to eat it. not try to ban every other kid from enjoying it.
kid is "hypersensitive", i guess another room can be found for them to eat in. VERY SIMPLE. and if kids are too stupid not to eat what they are
allergic to, then they will suffer reactions and possibly learn the hard way not to eat it.
lets follow the "ban things kids are allergic to" to it's logical outcome. people are allergic to nuts, so nuts are banned. people have lactose
intolerance, so no more milk or dairy products allowed. gluten intolerance, there goes all bread products. people have allergies to enzymes in most
fruits and vegetables, not to mention those allergic to particular fruits and veggies, so no more fruits and vegetables allowed. people are allergic
to soy, so no soya products allowed. msg intolerance, so almost all "prepackaged" foods not allowed. people have allergies to fish and shellfish, so
no fish or shellfish products allowed and by the way that would also include normal table salt, so nothing with salt in it allowed. people have
allergies to different spices, so no spices allowed either. then there is diabetes, so no sugars, or starches, like rice for instance allowed. so what
does that leave? here kid have a piece of plain unsalted, unspiced, slab of meat for your lunch, and a couple small pieces for snacks. enjoy have a
good day. but what do you want to bet that there are people allergic to meats? in that case, NO FOOD ALLOWED AT ALL, enjoy your day at school, try not
to faint from hunger.
oh and you are NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PETS at home either. and of course no one would be able to wear any type of perfume or
anything that is scented (like most deodorants and lotions), either, due to "allergies" someone else may have.
i'm NOT being sarcastic about the pets either. i was training someone at work once, and his mother was a friend of mine who also worked there. a few
days after starting his training, his mother was upset because her son was going to have to quit because there was something he was BADLY allergic to,
they didn't know what it was but even after a couple days he had to go to the hospital after because his allergic reaction was so bad. so i asked
what it was, and she said the only thing they knew of was dogs and cats, but he was BADLY allergic and sensitive to them. at that point i told her i
knew what the problem was, it was MY CAT that i had at home. he had been unknowingly to him working right beside someone who because they had a cat,
ALWAYS had cat fur stuck to their clothing, not much you can do about that. but you know what we used common sense
, and solved the problem. all
we did was arrange it that we worked different shifts from each other.
even more stupid is i know a lady who works in daycare, she can't even eat a "peanut product" within several hours of working, because some kid
might be sensitive enough that even the "smell" of her breath could "possibly" kill
them. seriously what do they do in public? put the kid
in a plastic "ball"? i mean you never know when you will run into someone who ate a peanut. look at airplanes where you are in a cramped, enclosed,
space for HOURS. they still serve peanuts on every flight, has anyone ever heard of someone dieing because of it?