It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO Photographed Over South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

draknoir2
I can't get any frame of reference from those photos. Why is all the stuff in the foreground blurred while the "distant" triangle is crystal clear? And why is image 1 the same as image 2?

My vote goes to it being a reflection of something inside the car or room, or wherever. The red chevrons in the lower left and the other bright spots in the lower right are the clincher.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

draknoir2
I can't get any frame of reference from those photos. Why is all the stuff in the foreground blurred while the "distant" triangle is crystal clear?

That is what you'd expect if the camera was focused on the distant lights while held up quite close to a windowpane. It looks to me like there is a lot of dirt or raindrops on a window (probably a car window).

The red light at bottom left I am not too sure about. It looks relatively sharp, like the "triangle", so it could well be outside. However both it and the triangle could also be reflections of objects inside the car, or on the opposite side of the car behind the camera position.

(Remember that a reflection on a window "appears to be" at a distance as far behind the plane of the glass as the object is in front of it, so if you focus on the refelction, the glass surface itself is out of focus. This is easily demonstrated by looking at your own reflection in a mirror - if you focus on the mirror surface itself, your image goes out of focus, and vice versa.)

The exact position given by the GPS co-ordinates is actually in the car park of the church to the north of the highway, but this may not be that accurate, especially if the camera was in a moving vehicle.Assuming the car was in that car park, then the very bright light at the top left of the image would likely bethis floodlight on a utility pole (Street View link ). Although if it was there, you'd expect to see more of the big light poles on the highway appearing in the pic.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

hey! unless someone hopped out and landed beside you, shook your hand and said, hello, I'm from up there someplace.. then it must be assumed it's an earthling flying craft, for example an airplane..... thanks for sharing you're plane snaps... interesting!!! methinks...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

flipflop
hey! unless someone hopped out and landed beside you, shook your hand and said, hello, I'm from up there someplace.. then it must be assumed it's an earthling flying craft, for example an airplane...

You can't be sure even if that happened. Aliens are notorious liars.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think you've been proven wrong. Or take a picture of these identical lights..

smithjustinb

Rob48

I agree the configuration doesn't look right for a conventional aircraft. Any more info about exactly where this was? Presumably the red light visible is on top of a mast or something similar?

Im telling you. I drive past the airport in greenville every work day in the early, dark hours of the morning. I see the EXACT same lights that are in the picture. DEFINITELY an airplane.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE

smithjustinb

Rob48

I agree the configuration doesn't look right for a conventional aircraft. Any more info about exactly where this was? Presumably the red light visible is on top of a mast or something similar?

Im telling you. I drive past the airport in greenville every work day in the early, dark hours of the morning. I see the EXACT same lights that are in the picture. DEFINITELY an airplane.

I don't think anyone has been proven wrong as regards an aircraft, stills of 'triangular shapes' with lighting in the night sky are notoriously ambiguous. If indeed there is a triangular shape involved, and not just a series of lights that describe a triangle, there is no way of knowing angle and pitch, direction of travel in any direction, forward or up or down, or all of those in some select configuration. That the camera moves slightly when the picture was taken is pretty much a given, that it is taken through glass is also most likely gives more concerns as to reflections, and multiple images from various sources. It could be a window with double or triple glazing, and for sure a straight through or reflection of multiple images. If say the picture was taken in a car, and the lights were reflections from interior modulated LED lighting you could get multiple images also.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

I read the EXIF data (not real thoroughly, though, I'm pooped). Anyhow, I don't believe it has been manipulated. I feel it is probably from a phone's camera and that's why it is so odd.

I think the shutter speed was 1/100th of a second, not infinity, obviously.

"Infinity" focus is where the lens focuses on an object an "infinite" distance away. For example, I usually will set my lenses to infinity when shooting the night sky, that way I don't have to try and focus on something in the pitch black. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, for the record, I also agree with a lot of the other responses...Plane(s).

Trying out a new telephoto zoom lens I had bought, I took some photos of a big jumbo jet on a cloudless, sunny day last summer. I have no idea how high up it was, but it was up there. I know it was a jumbo jet, but dang in the photos it looked like some sort of strange ghost plane, or something. Pretty freaky, actually. Almost a translucent-white which was totally contrasting against the blue sky.

Probably from the sun reflecting off the fuselage and wings, I reckon.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
original story here link

The witness estimated the object was hovering under 500 feet. South Carolina MUFON State Director Cheryl Ann Gilmore investigated.

another article, same story link

A witness in Greenville, South Carolina, was driving on along highway 29 at around midnight on October 27, 2013, when he spotted a "triangle-like object floating in the air."

With no place to pull his vehicle over, he took photos of the UFO while driving.

The witness estimated that the craft was low to the ground, at an altitude of about 500 feet.

The three bright lights on the corners of the triangle are slightly blurred, likely because of motion blur either due to camera shake or the craft's movement, which would support many witness descriptions of such huge crafts flying "wide-end" first, or the opposite of point (nose) first, as do man made aircraft like the B-1 Stealth bomber
."

edit on 6-3-2014 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Airplane, UFO, Drone? I don't know. Perhaps someone from that area could go up, around the same time and try to photograph any possible planes with a similar navigational light pattern.

South Carolina has a lengthy history of UFO sightings and reports. If you like, some of them can be read here

I'm not from SC, but I love reading reports about possible triangle UFO sightings. When I was younger, my mother witnessed a black triangle hovering in the sky near our home in northern Delaware.

She just pulled into the driveway, after getting off of work. I was inside. She told me it was very low, black and floating in the sky with no sound. She said it disappeared, flew off, or just vanished, because as she looked away to walk inside, she glanced back and it was gone. I ran outside pretty damn quick after she told me, but I did not see anything.

This woman was a total skeptic up until that night. The look of fear on her face after she came inside told me right away, that she was telling me the truth and saw something totally unexplainable. Since the incident, I have never seen that look of fear in her eyes, like she had that night.

Ironically enough, one of the first triangle UFO sightings, in the united states, occurred in Delaware in 1905. A farmer who took time to document what he saw in his farmers diary.

edit on 7-3-2014 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

See the map I posted up thread. Seems significant to me that the driver happened to see this "UFO" right at the point where the highway crosses the axis of the main runway. If I wasn't convinced it was a plane at first, I am now.

Edit: it's a shame that Flightradar24 only shows historical data for 30 days, or you could plug the date and time in and see if there was a plane over the camera location. Does anybody know if such data can be found for further back in the past?
edit on 7-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

ATSZOMBIE

smithjustinb

Rob48

Lol. Fine. You win. It's aliens from outerspace.

/sarcasm

It's a plane.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
phrankie79

Perhaps someone from that area could go up, around the same time and try to photograph any possible planes with a similar navigational light pattern.

Like I'm going to make it my goal to search for these same kinds of navigation lights everyday so I can take a picture to prove it's a plane. Like I care that much whether or not you believe planes are ufos.

If I took a picture that looked exactly like the one in the Op and said "see its a plane," it's still the same image, so it would still be my word vs the other photographer. So believe what you want. I'm just telling you what I know from a rational, 1st person perspective. Take it or leave it, but do try not to let your brains fall out.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

ATSZOMBIE

smithjustinb

Rob48

At some point I'll try taking a photo of the planes that fly over me. I've seen similar nav lights on planes and even thought to myself "those lights make the plane look like a triangle"
edit on 8-3-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join