It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Me.... It's Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I ran into an interesting link and thought I would share it.

This is a website that allows you to write an email to yourself or someone else and have it sent back to whatever date you pick in the future. Maybe you want to send the kids an email 10 years from now about how you changed their diapers and how you hope they will remember that when they are off on their own.

It would also be nice to have your children write something about their own hopes and dreams now and have them send it back to themselves after they graduate, get married, have their own children, etc.

Maybe you are struggling in your own life right now and want to put it into words so a few years later you can remember exactly how far you've come? Kind of like a time capsule... only technologically advanced.

As far as I can tell, you are able to send an email all the way to 2064!

www.futureme.org...

I know this is a conspiracy site so I grabbed this while I was visiting their site:

Is this all a front by some corporation to collect e-mail addresses to send us spam?
No, all e-mail addresses are kept strictly confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of you sending e-mails to the future. So relax. and maybe remind your future self to relax as well.

You can also go through their site and read letters to other's future selves that chose to leave them publicly available.

Something kind of fun and interesting.

It reminds me of this awesome video that still remains one of my all time favorites -

edit on 3/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I did that several years ago. I don't remember what I wrote though, or the date to be sent. Guess I'll find out, unless it ended up in the junk emails already?.. Hope it wasn't anything too important.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

kx12x

I did that several years ago. I don't remember what I wrote though, or the date to be sent. Guess I'll find out, unless it ended up in the junk emails already?.. Hope it wasn't anything too important.

I suppose you would know by now if it had said something like "get milk next Friday".

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Dang that was it! I knew I'd forget until 7 years or so later.

Actually I haven't a clue what I wrote, probably something completely pointless and uninteresting, like "hi future me."

edit on 6-3-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

My girlfriend and her sister do that... They write things to themselves and then hide the letters in one of their journals or they put it in books that they will always keep. Last year I was helping my gf's sister to move into her new place with her future husband. One of the books dropped and a letter popped out. She got a creepy smile on her face and I was like wtf? Then she proceeded to read about what she should be doing by now, and how proud she is of herself, and not to worry if all her goals were not completed yet because this letter was her next boost. That no matter what her future self was that her past self loved her anyway.

It was sweet haha..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I call it a Diary.

I have a physical one. It's pre good too, even if the power goes out, I can still use it. I'd invent it, but I dont like being slapped.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

You're about to get me slapped for laughing too loud..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

sn0rch
I call it a Diary.

I have a physical one. It's pre good too, even if the power goes out, I can still use it. I'd invent it, but I dont like being slapped.

But what catastrophes could befall your diary? Fire? Hungry moths? Termites? Acid paper that fades and disintegrates? The dog eats it? Floods? Paper mites? Mice need a nest? Spontaneous combustion?

The HORROR!!!

edit on 3/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I'm looking for you.

I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in you smile.

And the other bits.

And your arms are open wide..

Common, that's worth a snog

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

Lol! Lionel !

Show us your diary ...

"Was it written in an attic" ?

new topics

top topics

join