It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppressed and intimidated or paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Or all three?

Is there a link between these?

An oppressed person severely suffers, and aren't we all oppressed once in a while? Aren't we all the victim of oppression? Or aren't we? Oppression is like a hype, the way to go so it seems.

Long exposure to oppression is bad. I believe you could start to suffer mentally.

Or am I mistaking oppression for something else?

People just weren't nice to me. Was it me or was it them? They shake your hand and fake a smile?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The oppression and intimidation goes on until you set your mind to it, and oppress and intimidate yourself.

Third time I posted this video here:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

People use intimidation to oppress people most of the time. So, there is a difference. Intimidation is a tool. Oppression is the outcome. As for paranoia, that can be a result of both I suppose. There are a million different reasons people become paranoid. Yes, long stints of oppression would cause someone to be paranoid......but so will lack of sleep, mental illness, personal tragedy, different drugs ect. The list could go on and on and on and on lol.

edit on 362014 by Holographicmeat because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

oktopus
The oppression and intimidation goes on until you set your mind to it, and oppress and intimidate yourself.

You are failing to realize one thing with that statement. If you do break free of oppression and intimidation only to turn around and do it yourself, you are no better than the people that were doing it to you. At all. I kind of get what you are saying though. In order to beat a monster you have to become a bigger, badder monster. True, but you can't lose yourself in the process. If you do, you aren't changing anything. Just rearranging it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

Yes, that's Obvious, and I'm not saying you should do it to yourself if you broke free from it. That would be kind of silly, don't we agree now.

new topics

top topics

join