It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder what's flying over your head? BookMark this:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

stormcell

kosmicjack
Yeah, call me crazy but there is just no way all of that air traffic isn't doing ..something.

I remember reading an article a while back about environmental pollutants, what shocked me was the prevalence of trace amounts of jet fuel in everything, even breast milk. Now I can wee why.

After the air strikes of 9/11, all aircraft were required to land at the nearest airport. This gave meteorologists the one chance to see what effect all those contrails had on global weather patterns. All the light reflected from those contrails, disruptions to cloud patterns, amounted to 1.5% of the total amount received from the Sun. That was enough to cool down the climate by a corresponding amount.

I don't know where that is sourced from.

The study I saw only found that there was a small increase in difference between the hottest part of eth day and het coldest part of the night - what is called the "diurnal range" - see here

And it has since been disputed that it was contrails that made the difference - eg see here - so whether contrails have any significant effect is still under discussion AFAIK.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I can't remember which one, but it's on a documentary about 9/11. It's on YouTube I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Posting classified information can get you and ATS in trouble. But be my guest and see how much trouble it causes you.

I would never post classified info anyway but I was under the assumption that if you weren't under an NDA for the information you were posting you couldn't get into trouble for it?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Theoretically it won't. But if they really wanted to they could find a way to go after you.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yup, that was it.
Both bookmarked now.
Thanx Zaph.
Cheers from here,
Aft

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thanks for this, it is pretty useful.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

robsmith
Thanks for this, it is pretty useful.

just remember that planes that aren't there are military

(they don't show but you can see and hear them)
edit on 25-3-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Military birds do show up, just depends on their mission at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join