It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder what's flying over your head? BookMark this:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Doing a search I see that this link is only mentioned once in an old thread, and wasn't exclusive to the subject at hand. I'd like to bump it as I've had immense fun, well fun at least, finally seeing real time, what the planes are that fly over my area on an hourly basis.

planefinder.net...

I think every ats'er should have this in faves

-Tracked planes this afternoon realtime on the patio with a beer, even small aircraft.

edit on 6-3-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
very cool. duly bookmarked. thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Mostly flies.. at least of things that concern me.

And maybe the occasional ball.

you know, space.. lots of things.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
its a swarm of wasps
like in that movie 'Killer bees" . this is from another app that i have been using for a while,good fun for planespotters or chemtrail researchers alike

and a zoomed in shot of U.S

Good for shock value but to be fair its not as bad as looks
Its worse much much worse

Nah.. go in close and you see each plane is seperated by the minium requirements
edit on 6-3-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

That's really cool. I see that you can track ships as well.

I've got it bookmarked, thanks.

F&S for the OP!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's scary all right.

Not because i think they are going to crash into each other, but when you think that one trans-atlantic flight equates to about 3 years worth of SUV driving in pollution and environmental terms...that is pretty scary.

No wonder Asthma is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is awesome. thanks for sharing! S&F

Does it track military?? I always have fighter jets and other aircraft flying through here

This would be a great tool for someone who is tracking chemtrails.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Awesome! Many thanks! S&F from me definitively!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Had it on my i plod over 12 months.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very cool. Question, what are the colours about and what do they indicate, I see red, orange and some black down in the gulf.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yea people don't realize how lethal jet fuel is. Then you look at that map and then multiply times 365 and you start to get the big picture. Why are people so apathetic to stuff like this.

It doesn't take a rocket scientists to see we are changing the climate. We are killing the earth. Look I will probably only see the beginning but my granddaughter will have to survive it.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you have SIRI you can ask her, "What planes are above me right now?"

Let me know what ya'll find out!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah, call me crazy but there is just no way all of that air traffic isn't doing ..something.

I remember reading an article a while back about environmental pollutants, what shocked me was the prevalence of trace amounts of jet fuel in everything, even breast milk. Now I can wee why.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by MysterX

Yea people don't realize how lethal jet fuel is. Then you look at that map and then multiply times 365 and you start to get the big picture. Why are people so apathetic to stuff like this.

It doesn't take a rocket scientists to see we are changing the climate. We are killing the earth. Look I will probably only see the beginning but my granddaughter will have to survive it.

The Bot

The USA burns several times as much hydrocarbon for surface transport as it dose for air transport - so consider all that jet fuel being burned.........and them multiply it another 6-7 times for all eth cars, trucks, trains and ships moving around......see this page - look for Section B, Transportaion energy consumption by mode, table 4-5

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
-Was wondering about military flights being tracked as well, keeping an eye on Comox which is a military airfield close to me, nothing so far but would be cool to track a hornet formation. if anyone can help me confirm that would be great.
-Also curious to see what the really fricken loud ones are that reverberate through the house (usually in the a.m)

-

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The FAA tracks military flights through normal ATC, but does not forward the information to sites such as planefinder for fairly obvious reasons.

the military does not currently use ADSB - not sure what is going to happen when ADSB becomes the normal ATC mechanism with NextGen.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Timelapse video
www.youtube.com...=73

edit on 7-3-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The military is in the process of switching. The E-6B, E-3C, and RC-135 have all been tracked, as well as various other types.

In fact a USAF E-3 was tracked near Libya during the air war there.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

A lot of the data is delayed for various reasons. IIRC the colors denote the amount of delay as well as which are real time.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I've seen military aircraft on flightradar 24, although the plane wasn't anything special. I've seen a USAF, RAF, Belgium airforce and royal Jordanian airforce planes.

Also I noticed on flightradar 24 while looking at London gatwick airport. Flight radar actually picked up ground based vehicle such as fire tender units. I took screen shots on my phone as I found it a bit odd. Also the London metropolitan police helicopter popped up to. I was trying to organise a thread like this with another member of ats regarding the tracking of aircraft and odd routes some planes make.

If you have a smart phone flightradar 24 app is a good one tracks all in real time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join