It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot flies within 40 meters of Giant Pyramid UFO - Daylight sighting 1996

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Man, these UFO deniers sure have vivid imaginations... lol

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It looks like he saw a flying Dalek from Doctor Who.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth
reply to post by dragonridr

my first guess would be he saw a mountain.

Do the tops of these mountains release flying saucers from inside, shoot bright red light beams upwards, and then fly away?

the Fata Morgana where objects on the horizon or even beyond the horizon, such as islands, cliffs, ships or icebergs, appear elongated and elevated and can look like there floating in the air.

On the horizon? You do realize that he physically took his plane and flew around the UFO 3 times, right?

I don't mean to sound rude, but did you actually read my post?

edit on 6-3-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

Yeah and as i said no evidence assuming hes not lying than yes everything you described could be explained by temperature inversion especially the beam.Assuming hes not a liar than as he flew around the illusion it would distort in different ways explaining what he saw. You see the same thing if you look through an image through a glass of water from different angles you see beams shoot off in different directions its called refraction. but by all means choose to believe there was something the size and shape of a mountain hovering in the area. Me i mark this up as an anomaly since its inconsistent with the thousands of other UFO reports. Being different than all the rest leads to the conclusion its a mis identification or he lied pick one.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Too bad this occurred so long ago before the invention of cameras - oh wait it was 1996. So where are the pics?

CaptainBeno, you say you're a pilot, so let me ask you, as a pilot - if you see something strange or unfamiliar, is it common to fly as close to it as you can - within 40 meters of it? Doesn't that jeopardize not only your own plane and life, but potentially the lives of whoever/whatever are in the other object? It's this part of the tale that makes me think it is just a tale.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In a court of law, people have been tried and killed through the testimony of multiple witnesses alone. Here we have testimony of a pilot in close proximity for 15 minutes, sunbathers at a local beach and a control tower. You also have written evidence in the communication with the military that will have to have been documented. This is all "evidence".
The transparency of the Dairylea Debunkers is sooooo obvious its laughable. (Can I ask all members to make a log of all the debunkers that despite testimony. .totally bypass the facts such as an object moving at mach 10 and comparing it with a hot air balloon. .or *facepalms* ..a mountain. This way we can mount a case to eradicate these paid idiots to have a sensible discussion. This however doesn't mean anyone who simply disagrees..just the blatant regular debunkers with zero intelligence).

Great find OP. I hadn't seen this case before thank you!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Interesting, one of the UFO cases I haven't already heard of.

vivid1975
This way we can mount a case to eradicate these paid idiots...

I think it's hasty to jump to the conclusion that EVERYONE who disagrees is being paid to.
To some people, the idea of extra-terrestrial visitation is so bizzare that mistaking a mountain for a flying craft which launches smaller craft then blasts away seems perfectly plausible by comparison.
I've seen entrenched belief cause people to say some wierd things, and don't forget that to the "non-believers", we seem just as wierd saying it's aliens.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Great story. S&F from me as I haven't heard this particular one.

I wonder what on Earth (literally) the aliens are doing here. They are obviously systematic and only semi-disguise their mission/s. I suspect being caught is not encouraged, but allowed as their mission has high importance. And if you look into the very many multi-witness pilot experiences like this one, there are many many kinds of craft.

Here are just a couple. This poor guy lost his pilot license and credibility overnight. The whole experience was witnessed by crew and people tracking him on the ground. Looks as though he was flying close to some kind of Royal ship with pilot guards. They even threatened his craft. Scary and intimidating.

And it happened three times! On the public record.

He was flying a cargo plane. It would be interesting to find out what the JAL8 747 was carrying. FAA papers disappeared. Ha!

And this brave British pilot near Guernsey.

The aliens would have to have spotted him, but just didn't give a hoot. He wouldn't have even revealed the story, had the British press approached his Airline company.

Look. Ignore the shills. If they are here regularly or post just the once (with multiple logins), they are probably just retired / ex-military personnel on "secret missions" earning a bit of pocket money I expect. They wouldn't see the big picture (of obfuscation) or even know why they are doing it. Why would genuine skeptics bother to hang around ATS? It doesn't make sense.

There's really no need to defend your post, OP. Just ignore the naysayers. Really. Your silence will rile them enough.This stuff is pure fascination as far as I'm concerned. Why anyone would laugh is a mystery to me as it's pretty scary (and simultaneously fascinating) when you think of it. Let's not forget how powerful silence is. Gandhi fought off the whole British Empire using this technique. His ideas would serve us well here.
There's nothing more pathetic than a whining naysayer on a UFO forum. And actually no reason at all for them to exist here. Unless this whole site is the paranoid NSA trying to get a fix on public opinion. ;p

edit on 7/3/2014 by objectman because: spelling and clariication

edit on 7/3/2014 by objectman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Balloons, really?

Were conditions dark, foggy, cloudy, or was it in the middle of the day with clear conditions?

And given that it was the latter, you don't think an experienced pilot who is always estimating speed and distances can't tell the difference between a balloon that is 15m wide and an object that is 100 m long? Or more especially, the difference between a balloon that is traveling at 5-15 knots and an object that is traveling at Mach multiples? Please give your head a shake. It wasn't a lone witness, the flight controllers did not contradict his report.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The problem here is: One can't "circle" a temperature inversion.

Actually nothing about this instance would seem to be weather related.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Imo its might be an Annunaki landing ship - for those who find Zacharia Sitchins work convincing.

This is possibly a standard configuration, called a 'celestial boat' by the Sumerians. According to Sumerian texts they could carry 3 saucers (divine/celestial birds, or whirlwinds) each. They originally brought an unknown quantity (probably 6) that were not assembled in each boat - they were then assembled on earth - some of these were custom versions (such as Ninurta's (Horus) Divine Storm Bird - built by Ningishzida (Thoth)), and could not be carried by the boat. The boats also brought a lot of other equipment, and could hold 50 Annunaki colonists each.

Ninurta's Divine Storm Bird had a wingspan of 75 feet - 22.86m - far too large to be carried by a boat. While the Sumerians dont give data for sizes of the other birds, based on modern observations (if we make a lot of assumptions) its likely they are 10m or less in diameter.

I am also starting to think that the grey aliens are simply Annunaki slaves, genetically engineered for recon work, much the same way humans were engineered - but perhaps the greys are sterile, to avoid the moral and legal questions that are raised by the existence of humans.

This is of course just conjecture - but I should point out that the megalithic structures on earth were built using advanced tools (this is only subject to controversy due to ignorance and inability to accept reality) - and Sitchins work seems to yield the best well sourced narrative Ive seen.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by objectman

Ive always liked this one the FAA spent alot of time looking in to it.And never actually address the video they got. Its ignored totally unlike our flying mountain story which is just bogus. Ibelieve hes lying for publicity but if he isnt it was probably a mirage. It fits to well.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

but by all means choose to believe there was something the size and shape of a mountain hovering in the area.

Ok, will do. And you, please continue to believe the pilot misidentified a mountain top, which promptly flew away—evidently away out of existence, since the highest peak in Brazil's state of Rio Grande do Sol is 300 miles away from Pelotas, and under 5000 feet in elevation (where the pilot was flying, in case you didn't read that part). Pico do Monte Negro

ETA: Not saying it's necessarily aliens, btw. I agree (as mentioned in my OP) that the case could be a hoax.
edit on 7-3-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

i completely agree. i worked in private GA aviation for a couple years doing line service. been around pilots a lot, have a whole slew of buddies who are commercial and GA pilots, ones who had all there commercial licenses and a lot of kids my age or younger who were in the process of finishing school or who had just got there license. the fact remains that all of the pilots i've ever known, even the "#ty" ones knew their planes very well. hell, even being a line service guy working at an airport I know all the planes like the back of my hand. you had to, to properly identify them on approach when your standing there outside waiting for them to land and taxi in. that's just part of the job, literally learning to identify most any type of aircraft, whether it be, prop or jet, experimental, commercial, military etc etc

pilot UFO reports to me are among to most credible ever. like others have said these guys are constantly having to renew their medical checkups and adhere to strict FAA guidelines. they're pretty much not allowed to have anything in their system and the regulations for that are very strict. when these guys say they see a UFO i tend to believe them. there's a lot on the line for a pilot coming out and saying that they've had an experience like this, professionally and personally.

it takes a lot of balls to say some # like oh maybe this guy just saw a balloon or some other similar such b.s.

do you know how insulting that is?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Arrrrg prolly???. Yeah it probably was.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth

but by all means choose to believe there was something the size and shape of a mountain hovering in the area.

Ok, will do. And you, please continue to believe the pilot misidentified a mountain top, which promptly flew away—evidently away out of existence, since the highest peak in Brazil's state of Rio Grande do Sol is 300 miles away from Pelotas, and under 5000 feet in elevation (where the pilot was flying, in case you didn't read that part). Pico do Monte Negro

ETA: Not saying it's necessarily aliens, btw. I agree (as mentioned in my OP) that the case could be a hoax.
edit on 7-3-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

I always thought this was just a poor case makes no sense inconsistent with other reports. Not to mention im very skeptical of any UFO reports out of south and central america since they tend to be embellished and well people make money off false reports. But all that aside the hiegt of the mountain wouldn't matter in a mirage and ground area could give this effect there was an incident in Vietnam similar to this actually where they swore there was a floating island even flew around it. Of course the military concluded it was a mirage since we dont have floating islands. heat inversion can create some rather unusual visual displays.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It strange how it looks like the pyramid from the Stargate Movie.

I would like hear of similar cases though, where something like this is described, or sighted.

Would make it more legitimate.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

thesearchfortruth

What are our options?

In my opinion:

-E.T./non-human craft
-Hoax

What do you think?

Just wondering why you would assume its extra terrestrial and not human?
It being man made is always a possibility even if not the reality.
Personally and this is just my opinion, but I think mankind is much much older as a species than we are led to believe.
I believe that in the distant past(pre flood) that mankind has far exceeded our current technology and understanding of the universe.
I also believe that SOME of the so called "alien" craft are actually older strands of the human race that had to flee earth due to an impending disaster.
I could very well be wrong, and assume I probably am, but I like the theory.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah.. could be those damn Hallelujah mountains fiddling with the navigation system.

Mount ains

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Nah, its more probable it's their cousin, the dirigible:

The world’s largest aircraft which can stay airborne for up to three weeks and will be vital in delivering several tonnes of humanitarian aid as well as transporting heavy freight across the world, has been unveiled.

The 300ft (91m) ship is part plane, airship and helicopter, and there are plans to eventually use it to transport hundreds of tonnes of freight across difficult terrain throughout the world as well as deliver aid to risky areas.

acceleration capable:

“It can reach about 100mph.”

a next generation already in the works:

It will eventually lead to the development of the Airlander 50, which would be able to transport 50 tonnes of freight and burn a quarter the amount of fuel of a plane doing the same job. This craft will be bigger, with plans to make it 390ft long (119m), 196 ft wide (60m) amd 115ft (35ft) high - making it taller than both Big Ben, which reaches 315 ft (96m) and the Statue of Liberty which towers to 305 ft (93m.)

World's largest aircraft unveiled and hailed 'game changer'

Who knows what form it took during research and development or what the military black project dirigible looks like; maybe its hull/skin doubles as a screen to camouflage it by mimicking its environment.

It's almost a given they have a souped up stealth version.

I hate to be the one to say it but between these, led rc toys, drones, and photoshop...reporting UFOs nowadays is an exercise in futility.
edit on 7-3-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

edit on 7/3/14 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join