It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Gun Control with Cody Wilson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

Nor should you really. ( I know, I know, sacrilege)

Man, I gotta love it when foreigners not only weight in on US laws and rights, but basically look down theior nose at us, all the while telling us what we can and can't do.
How is that pedestal??

tothetenthpower
Sure, historically and all that, you're owed your guns, that's fine.

In contemporary society, the gun issue should be largely non existent. The USA is one of the only countries, outside of one's we deem either third world, or embroiled in civil war that has such open laws regarding gun possession.

That's really nice and all, but...........we also have the right to do so.

tothetenthpower
It causes far more problems than it's ever solved and at this point it's really just rather silly that ANYBODY would WANT to have an automatic weapon for any purpose other than shooting at the range for sport. I don't mind gun ownership for those purposes.

And this is all most cut and paste what any anti-2nd person states. The whole, "I respect gun rights, but you shouldn't have (insert firearm)".

I suppose you act like this to your neighbors, right? You know, telling them you respect their lawn, but they shouldn't have so many plastic pink flamingos.

tothetenthpower
The 'gun culture' in the US it's just so 19th century if you ask me.

Yeah, I don't remember , nor read anywhere, ay US citizen asking you, or any foreigner for that matter.

tothetenthpower
Then again, I'm Canadian, the only time you see guns around these parts are on cops and when we go hunting.

And you can keep it and stay there. But I guess you aren't happy with that. You must inject your opinion of another countries rights

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

What I would ask is that Americans realize the context in which that was written. That the founding fathers never imagined automatic weapons and grenade launchers. That had they had such things, the 2nd amendment would have probably been a whole lot more specific that it is now.

Oh good lord.
Please, actually go and research the arms that were available during that time.

I guess owning a cannon is fine with you.

tothetenthpower
I'd like them, much like the religious, to stop using documents from hundreds of years ago to justify sound policy decisions in a modern society.

~Tenth

Yeah that is cute, except one thing......that being that document written 'hundreds of years ago" is kind of the the law of the land. So, adhering to it is kind of the point.

Sorry that OUR laws and documents don't measure up to the Progressive terms you would like.

edit on 10-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Instead of Laptop, replace with computer.

I guess that simple electronic device, that is used to control drones, is really just nothing, right???

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

I see no need to have an Ar-15 for 'civilian' purposes. Other than collecting or sport shooting.

So, because YOU see no need, your view/opinion is therefor pushed onto everyone else.

How very highbrow of you.

Have you chosen a design for your crown and scepter?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You seem to be confusing yourself with right wingers, why else would you look at a comment aimed at right wing gun nuts, and, being a self proclaimed Libertarian decide "hey, he's talking about me"?
edit on 10/3/2014 by RedSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry, information too suspect , edited out.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Notheycant
As for our discussion, do you guys think gun control is more of a safety issue, or our government's way of attempting to grab more power?

Obviously, the government (generally) doesn't care about the public. Not in terms of safety anyway (and even if they did, there are many public safety issues that should take precedence over gun violence). If they don't care about our rights, they sure as hell can't tell me they care about our safety. You can't possibly be safe if you're subject to the whims of a government that doesn't recognize your rights.

The "gun control" issue has more to do with mind control.

edit on 11-3-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RedSeraph

Because not all "Right Wingers" are what you describe. I am actually right leaning, small Govt, small taxes and so on.

So.......it was more along the lines of your inaccurate statement about right wingers, and less about my subconscious reaction at self identification.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

It's has always been about people-control, and not gun control.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Notheycant
To all who are complaining about how I held the gun in the intro, do you also comment on movie threads about how irresponsible the actors handled their weapons in movies? If not, the "I shot Marvin in the face" scene from PULP FICTION is a good place to start.

How do you know I didn't triple check my weapon before we filmed the segment? Moreover, you'll notice I handled the gun appropriately when I actually fired it in the field.

Still, feel free to harp on that or weigh in on the actual subject matter of the video.

-

Josh

Every poor bastard that blew a hole in their foot or someone else's chest "knew what he was doing", and "properly checked the gun: it wasn't loaded!" "The safety was on!"

Poor firearm etiquette is poor firearm etiquette, even for guys who "Triple check" their weapon and handle it properly "part of the time".

The sad thing is, you don't seem willing to accept that you made a mistake. Hey, it's no skin of my nose, you cant shoot me from there. But I am concerned for you and the people there filming with you.

Just accept that you made a mistake. It is not a shame to admit a mistake.

You say you know how to properly handle a weapon. Make a video that shows that, not what you have posted here.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

(post by truthgirl removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

AR-15 is NOT an automatic weapon. It is semi-automatic, which sounds mean and dangerous, but really, it just means you can pull the trigger and it will shoot ONE bullet at your target, pull the trigger again, and it'll shoot ONE bullet at your target. It's just a rifle. Civilians use them for hunting all the time.

ETA: AR means automatic rifle, but it is not fully automatic. That's confusing, I know.

edit on 772Wednesdaypm2014-03-19T12:32:58-05:00k122014Wednesdayf7 by BlackWolf71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Exactly what Leonidas said. I lost a cousin to this bad handling of a firearm. Some of your points in the video are good, but I still think you might benefit from a gun safety course.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackWolf71

Actually, AR stands for Armalite Rifle, which was the company to first manufacture the design. But, everything else you said is completely accurate.

I have to assume a lot of anti-gunners are aware of the difference between an automatic and semi-automatic. They just use the former because it invokes visions of Machine Gun Kelly and Al Capone to frighten those who don't know the difference.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join