It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Loss: The Death of a good friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I recently lost one of the best friends I'll ever have
. I've talked about her here ( all be it it's been awhile), being like a mother to me.

After being in 2 hospitals one was supposedly to help her with physical therapy, but they continued with the same treatment she got at the 1st hospital nothing in the way of physical therapy to walk again of her accord. But then this is supposed to be a paranormal thread and I will get to it.

But then after returning home under hospice care for 2 weeks, she passed. After now being gone for a short period of time I had had no dreams or anything from her until this morning.

I was trying to go back to sleep, when I could've sworn I heard her say my name just once. Kind of like telling me it's time to get up.

I don't know if it was a dream, I was really awake just being down
, and in no hurry to get up.

So what was this, a product of wishful thinking or a real attempt at communication. How come I haven't dreamed of her yet? I heard once somewhere that it's usually a good sign they've passed through the light. Is this true?
edit on 5-3-2014 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Sorry for your loss, at a minimum it was nice that she could get hospice at home for her remaining time....

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry sorry for your loss.

I experienced things after my father tragically passed. One of which was being brought out of a sleep state by my father saying my name. I could see him giving me the motion with his hand to get up with quiet an urgency. I always awoke thinking he's was still alive and that something was wrong. Idk where it came from among my other experiences which ended after only 3 days.

Again I bid peace to her and well being; you must have meant a great deal to her.

God bless. (if u belive in one)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

1loserel2

I don't know if it was a dream, I was really awake just being down
, and in no hurry to get up.

edit on 5-3-2014 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

No one can ever say for sure what this might mean.

One thing I do believe is that your friend (and God) does not want you to be sad. Grieving should come with a time limit. When it goes on longer than it should it can lead to depression.

I remember watching a documentary on chimpanzees. One chimp became so depressed over the death of a friend that he stopped eating and died. It can do the same to people, too.

Perhaps this was a way to get that message across.

Sorry for you lost. I hope you believe you will be re-united in the future.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I often wake up, and remember something important.

I think you did the same

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I cannot speak to the arcane elements involved in your OP, but what I can say, is that I am very sorry to hear of your loss, and offer my deepest condolences.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i was staying in a room where someone who i was a casual friend with had very recently died.
he had this thing about knocking things onto the floor...

now that I have moved, things are at least staying on the tables and shelves where they are put...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
First I want to offer my deepest sympathy at the loss of your friend.
I lost one of my best friends just over a year ago. Just last week I was talking with his wife and she told me that she has been "awakened" by hearing him saying her name on several occasions in the situation you described exactly. She just took it to mean he was doing his best to contact her and let her know it was all okay.
I dreamt of him a few months after his death, a dream that said everything was okay in a way that I understood immediately. That has helped me a great deal with the grief. I hope you can find peace as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Sorry... I've been through that. I won't tell you there's someway to be happy straight away again. Instead just think of what they would've wanted you to do. That's how I got this far. I could've given up anytime but I wouldn't in honour of their memory so do what I did, just push on day after day.

So you know I'm here I guess.

Grab a chair and some beer and just be happy that you were lucky enough to have someone like that in your life.

P.S drink responsibly. I did some stupid thing's when I was drunk like run over my neighbours cat on accident.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am feeling for you right now.

I recently lost my best frined of 34 years (auto accident). Left 4 kids/wife etc.

I too felt him call my name and etc but after a few months of grieving I came to the conclusion it was my mind
making it happen/wanting it to happen.

That happened when I realized I was a small part of his life-now. He had all those kids/wife and a whole life I really was never much a part of when you think about it. If he is "up there" worrying about me-then I am a lucky one but if it is indeed possible for them to watch over us, I sincerely hope he is spending all of his time watching over his family and remembering the good times we had etc.

But, it's the memoies of him that keep him alive in my mind. It's amazing how much one person can be in your mind.

Take care and God Bless.

(and you put this in the right area as it is truly a Gray Area. Grief can be a horrible thing-if you don't get it under control-I have learned)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank you for your sympathy and I am sorry for your loss too. I hope that both our friends are up there remembering what good times we did have.
edit on 6-3-2014 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Thank you for your sympathy. I am trying to do what you suggested and what she would've wanted. I too am grateful to have known her.

I did have a few drinks, but now I think I'm over that part.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor's cat.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yes, it was a big help, the hospice people were very nice and caring.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Thank you for your sympathy, and sorry for your loss too. I guess I just expected to start dreaming immediately. Perhaps one of these days I'll get such a dream that you were able to get.
edit on 6-3-2014 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Thank you for your sympathy, and sorry for the loss of your father.

You not only were able to hear but see as well, that was a unique experience you were given.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

My Loss: The Death of a good friend
So sorry for your loss,maybe the message is that life it is very precious and should be lived in beauty of the soul,love is made of many things which we don't know about.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thank you for your sympathy. Perhaps you were right about God and my friend wanting to get a message across.

Yes, I do believe we will be one day re-united.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you for your sympathy and condolences.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Perhaps, or perhaps not. As far as I know I didn't remember anything really important.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I'm glad you don't have anything bothering you now in your new place. That would be disconcerting to say the least.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join