It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Quemada, México another archeological place that doesn't fit..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

LucidWarrior
reply to post by jaffo

Why? because those who control the past control the future.

Sorry, but that is a useless and fairly silly platitude, in my opinion. There is no control over you and I t be had by hiding information about people who lived in stone caves thousands of years ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi Kix.

VERY nice thread & infos.

It is funny to see how all that stuff was built with mostly "small" stones.
It is all at a human scale, we could say. . .

What makes me ask SERIOUS questions, are stuff built like "Puma Punku" !!
daveearley.hubpages.com...
daveearley.hubpages.com/hub/Ancient-Mysteries-Puma-Punku-in-Tiahuanaco

What entities/visitors/humans/machines can make soooooooo smooth surfaces, holes, grooves,
dovetails. . .etc. . .make the pieces soooooo big, and then move and mount the kits !!??
Nothing in there is human scale. . . so. . . wth ???

Back on topic. I like the style of the Quemada's buildings !!
It is the slope of the walls that make them elegant, I guess. B-)

BLue skies.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There are many interesting sites that get short shift from main line academic sources. A personal interest since reading about Ooparts about 50 years ago. I distinctly remember a case about a bronze age smelter yielding spring steel tweezers. The archeologist was accused of planting the tweezers. Thus, two things were accomplished; (1) he could not get a fair hearing by his peers, and (2) he could never get money for any other projects.
Add this to Mohenjo-Daro of the Harappa, in Eastern Pakistan. Where archeologist have found brick and stone fused together. Numerous bodies laying or cocooned on the ground. A fused circle of vitrified soil.
Which brings me to my Absolute Laws of the Universe. 1. There is no impossible in the Universe. Everything that can be imagined and things beyond imagination has, is or will occur somewhere in the Universe. 1a. Lack of evidence is Not evidence of lack. Finally, 3. life will be, whether we like it or not, where life wants to be.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

SeekingDepth
Thanks for sharing this Great Thread
Interesting Place also called Chicomostoc O La Quemada
This video has music as background (might want to turn the music down).

The music was great. Very lovely.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kix

Very cool however i ask you what makes you think people lived there all the time? I was looking there seems to be a lack of pottery and just in general housing so i was thinking this could easily have been a military fort its a good place for one. you get a great view of the area around you and its highly defensible.That when mean the lack of resources wouldnt matter in Mexico there were several sites like this. Also the higher steps would make sense if the entire place was set up with defense in mind and not convenience. The Chalchihuites were known to live in that area and this would have been a great fort protecting their cultural center. And remember thats how they expanded the regions of their control by ever expanding borders. Here check it out its actually a neat place you might want to see.

archaeology.about.com...

kix

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Thanks!

More small info I did not write about.

I would have loved to se the underlying rocks, because to me most of it has been, redone, or made to fit, there were some corners that were very precise and accurate, and then there would be small stones all around. In my view is puzzling that such a big place was devoid of artifacts of any kind, it looks like a very old Disneyland with no leftovers anywhere.

The history stating that the Aztecs inhabited it before going south, makes me think that is all BS, there is NOTHING there that ever remotely has the stile of the Aztec (aztlan) people. In my view a lot of sites in Mexico have been dated to make the told history more believable ....Teotihuacan for example was discovered by the aztecs and they did not know who built it, hence the name that mans "city of the Gods"... so in my view it must be very old...also the zone is quite desertic and more than 2500 years ago it had a lot more water.

In fact a lot of ruins in Mexico have that characteristic, very arid no sources of water and high on a mountain....

In the case of La Quemada the water on that photos is part of a dam made to hold water but its quite small and it resides 2 miles to the south and 300 meters below....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kix

I remember the first time I flew to Mexico, Yucatan, I had a window seat. Looking down, there were vast areas covered with a sort of low scrub forest. And scattered in the region in a lot of places, were what looked like large rectangular raised platforms, probably Maya ruins as they were covered wth trees. There are so many places down there that are yet to be explored or excavated, its mind boggling. Remember this is a region that has been inhabited for over 5000 years. They have had a lot of time to build.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

kix
More weird looking creatures:

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/redbarchetta54/IMG_2982.jpg[/IM G]

I will make a HD video of the site and upload it to VIMEO for a better quality, check on friday..

In the meantime feel free to ask.

That Creature reminds me of the mapuche Lukutuwe, The first person.
also that bowl looks a lot like the Kultrun, a picture of the mapuche cosmology.

good thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've never heard of this site before. Once I got an idea of the size and height of the place, I too wondered why this was so much like a fortress. Of course it is possible to build such a structure without a military or defense purpose, but they also could have just built in this manner on the off chance another group wanted to invade. So they may or may not have had enemies in the region at the time they started building on this site. However, the evidence of some catastrophe could indicate the structure was invaded, ransacked, and burned.

I think you bring up a great point regarding the building of a place like this in an area where sustainability is a factor. Water especially, but food as well. But then again, cultures have been living in such regions for a very long time. I definitely believe that your idea regarding the age of the site might be accurate. I firmly believe the Americas were settled well prior to the last ice age, roughly 10,000 years ago. And the fact that so many once lush areas are now deserts could indicate why these peoples built there in the first place. Another notable example is in Egypt at the pyramids. That entire region was once lush, and building began during those times. Very interesting site, thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join