It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia could sanction USA, not the other way around: Analyst

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Russia could sanction USA, not the other way around: Analyst

Russia could sanction the US not the other way around and the idea of isolating Russia is more than empty rhetoric, an analyst writes in a column for the Press TV website.

“The recent threats by the US, sanctions against Russia, are beyond insane. Russia could sanction the US, not the other way around and the idea of “isolating” Russia is infantile, Gordon Duff wrote on Wednesday.

He also noted that the disintegration of Ukraine was an aforethought plot devised by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Ukraine served as a “Cold War battleground” before the former Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

“Destabilizing Ukraine was a CIA priority and working with Ukrainian groups in the US and “expats” around the world was a major effort for a number of intelligence agencies,” he wrote.
Duff said the CIA promoted “extremism and ultra-nationalist movements” in order to implement its plots.

“Ukraine was built to fail. Sitting on Russia’s vital southern border, protocols negotiated during the breakup of the Soviet Union specified mutual defense agreements that prohibit Ukraine from joining NATO,” he wrote.

So there you have it, if anyone's winning this fight its Russia. The U.S. government and Pax-Americana has lost its respect and credibility in the world. I hate to say it, but it looks like we're losing.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah...they might try. And this was the headline on CNN this morning.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Davian
So there you have it...

...from PressTV

That's about as unbiased as CNN, BBC, RT, FOX etc etc etc.

I'll take it with a mountain of salt.

Interesting read though S & F

edit on 5-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well we have to face the facts, Russia is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, and because of that, they, like the United Kingdom, France and China, are much more influential and powerful over the modern geopolitical stage than people give them credit for.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Which is why I have a multilateral pull from where I get a roughly unbiased view of the world from sources like Washington Times, Libertarian Republic, Infowars, Intel-Hub and this. Among many many others. The point I am trying to get across with this thread is that Russia is a bigger threat than what a lot of Americans make them out to be, particularly in conjunction with the information presented in my previous post.

(post by SLAYER69 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Oh, no doubt about them being a player.

Germany is certainly in the fence, and there's been rumor for a very long time now about them being in thick with Russia about a currency to challenge the Euro. I don't remember the specifics (it was during the Bush years), but I also don't doubt that this may very well have been going on behind the scenes ever since, and with Ukraine throwing in more with Europe....

The U.S. should be more worried about China owning our butts than about Russia, and about what precedent this might set the tone for.
edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So, Russia brings a resolution against us to the Security Council ... and we veto it. It's the same thing they would do to us.

They can take something to the general assembly, yes, but it comes down to how intertwined our various economies are with everyone else in the world. Will it be good or bad for business to shut off one or the other, and by how much?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't de-rail my topic.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Exxon still owns their share of Congress, and it is difficult to know how they would side with that move. On the one hand they would lose access to some very large drilling rights, but on the on the other hand the reduction of crude imports to the US would drive up the value of their local assets. It is never black and white. The BRIC's group has the upper hand, if they dump their combined holding in US treasury notes, the US dollar would tank, but they inturn would have to write off their fiat currency holdings, which are what make up the bulk of many Russian billionaire's balance sheets. Also Ukraine's vast unexplored shale gas is not ready to compete with Russian gas supplies to Europe, and won't be for years, so many countries would suffer greatly from them turning off the flow.

gcaptain.com...

Sanctions do seem like an empty threat, that is unless the true intent of all this is to spark a war. If that is the case, then all the rhetoric makes sense.

AX
FTNWO
edit on 5-3-2014 by AlphaExray because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The article doesn't mention what the CIA's motive was in destabilizing the Ukraine. What's the point?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

LOL. I wish they would/could sanction us. I wish they'd sanction us right into isolation!! Can you imagine a resurgent America as an industrial power again? I think we should all prepare letters requesting our reps in Congress cede every American corporation to the Russians ... and bury them with our love and affection. Maybe they'd want our illegal immigrant population as well. While we're at it, I'd consider including our progressive population (starting with college professors and public education staff).

Ohhh ... yawn! ... What a dream I was having!!

S&F OP. Believe it, or not, this was the most surprising thread I've seen since I've been posting to ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
The article doesn't mention what the CIA's motive was in destabilizing the Ukraine. What's the point?

I'll give you their motive in two words -

EXXON

CHEVRON

Who both have signed deals in the last couple of months with the Ukraine government to help the Ukraine become less dependent on Russia for energy, by tapping the black sea shelf, making Ukraine capable of selling it's own energy, GAS, OIL etc etc

Ukraine Texaco and friends

"Theres gold in them thar hill's....black gold...."
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
DP.. SORRY..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

That makes more sense. How'd you find that article? That's like a needle in a haystack.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

That makes more sense. How'd you find that article? That's like a needle in a haystack.

Just google UKRAINE LIQUID NATURAL GAS TURKEY EXXON...and a whole new angle on this "war" starts to emerge..

That page is old...the deal was done a couple of months ago..so they're not looking for Texaco's help...THEY'VE GOT IT..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Thanks! Why'd you include Turkey? That wasn't mentioned in the article? I'm just naturally curious. I hope you don't get paranoid because I'm asking questions.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No it couldn't. This is complete nonsense. The only strength Russia has is in its military forces and if it doesn't use the forces that were built on decades worth of blood and sweat by the Russian people it will eventually get steamrolled by NATO and China who want their resources. From a strategic point of view Russia needs to go to war as soon as possible and wage unrestricted warfare.

Crimea is a very defensible position that could be used to test the will of western forces and nuclear scorched earth in the east after evacuating people from the region would make the area unlivable and unusable for invading Chinese forces. Similar to the scorched earth tactics used against the French and Germans but on a larger scale and using much more advanced weapons of destruction. If Russia wants to survive as a nation and a people they need to do this as soon as possible. There is no longer any doubt NATO and China have designs on their territory.

edit on 6-3-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
well the europeen leaders are gathering today...but the magic words "sanctions" diddend show up the last day's..
guess the russian message was crystal clear for the EU..
don't think they are eager to sell the US dollars for russian roebels to buy the oil and gas in...
so today an lot of bla bla.... waisting an lot of money and time .and thats it....
the EU couvert already the depts of the Ukraine US 1 billion ... EU 11 billion
(US 1 billion couse they are bankrupt already ! )

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

yes they CAN hurt the US economicly !....
as 1/4 of oilproducing countrie and the dollar only depending on oil they are able to knock the dollar hard douwn...
+ confiscating all depts / assets from the US and EU the banking system is breaking up eather
Russia goes to an self supporting nation...selling there goods to china and other allies..
then china will be ending up as the biggest economic power in the world
only option left for the US is using nukes.....:-(

top topics

<<   2 >>

join