First was Abby Martin, now Liz Wahl (RT) on Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It does make you wonder...

Given her interview with Anderson Cooper, she says she has felt this way for a while ...

Yet, she continued to work there?

She said she practiced "self-censorship" and also that Americans were only middle management...Russian execs had full editorial control.

And that was fine by her and she staye until this crisis?

It makes me wonder who she is really concerned about, or maybe who she should be concerned about - the Russians or the American intelligence community?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

SyxDaliGee
I don't agree with a lower-down post that this was scripted. Or maybe that was on Abby's Vid?

I just watched Abby's video again. She is definitely reading from a script. You can see her eyes moving back and forth as she reads from the script near the camera.

That does not mean she didn't write it herself to read on-air, though. If I'm not mistaken, she writes most of her own material.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

People put up with a lot for money.

And as someone else said, maybe the crisis was what it took to open their eyes or spur them to action.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I can say only this, the main thrust so far has been in the Crimea region and the call for help to Russia came from there.
Crimea has a large number of Russian people, but so does the Ukraine in general. Ukraine is a very complicated, and often currupt place in itself, with many issues. However I think Putin's actions give some political perspective at least to the appeal from Crimea whether you like him or not. Not much different really than foreign policy from the unconnected US and friends over Syria and Libya, except that this is home ground albeit foreign...sort of.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Its really awful to watch this sort of crap, which they call journalism. Obviously, facts play no role for these two drama queens, who discovered better pay check from somewhere else.

We know Ukraine:
- was an interal political war zone for rivaling oligarchs, who played the country as they liked
- current "prime minister" is a doll for one of those - as was the president Yanukowich for another - but he quit and wanted to get rid of those oligarchs! Exactly what Putin has done in Russia for oligarchs (took them out from political life).
- western interest is to push the geo-politial demarcation maximally towards the east, and Ukraine is the battle ground for both EU and Polish interests (western part of Ukraine used to be Polish), as well as US
- Crimea was part of Russia until president Chruchev in the 1960s, while being totally drunk, "donated" the peninsula to the then Ukraine Soviet Republic. BUT- this does not change the fact, this peninsula has been for centuries part of Russia. Today - for the same reason - it is an AUTONOMIC state, formally part of Ukraine - but with great Russian concessions.
- There is an AGREEMENT in place between Russia and Ukraine, allowing Russian military presence (quite large such) in the area of this autonomic state. And it is within this agreement, as the Russia is currently acting.
- there was a COUP, which resulted in something which IMMEDIATELLY was approved by EU and USA - against all logic. The democratically elected president and government was kicked out, by a rioting mass - and suddenly THAT is called democratic leadership, and promoted by EU & USA ?
- the coup started from demonstrations deviced by oligarchs to reap more money from EU vs Russia, as the demonstrations were directed to bring pressure at the on-going Ukrainian-Russian trade negotiations. Which then got Ukrainian president's disapproval, and he dismissed the whole EU approach. This irritated bunch of oligarchs, who setup the coup.

Russia's reaction is really well deviced. They act within limits of existing agreements. Note that. They have agreed number of troops on Crimea, and they are within the autonomous area. This is not an invasion - but works withing the Russian-Ukrainian existing agreements! But, this cooles down the Ukrainian internal rivals, to think tad more the big picture.

So, what we have here in Ukraine, is a twisting of power, by local Ukrainian oligarchs, who just outplayed they cards, and created a worse mess than ever. Russians are not invading the country, but cooling those morans down. A lot of noice for nothing. Then again, US and EU as well as NATO, are just taking advantage of this messy situation, to play their geo-political interests further, trying to get cold war back on track, and replace the inconvenient war on terror. But that is then another story.

edit on 5-3-2014 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well then she isn't a very good journalist and she ought to be worried about finding another job.

She rolled over and acquiesced to RT propaganda for several years until now, by her own admission. She would have done better to document it all and be an authentic whistle-blower....and kept her integrity.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Aside from all that history, Russia and Germany are closer politically than most would believe. Ukraine was leaning more toward the EU. Cue issues...

reply to post by kosmicjack

Can't disagree with that. Maybe we''ll get some honesty if she does decide to tell all now.
edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Journalist resigns because the media whitewashes reality…

what was your first clue Liz?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Since she knows that media is a code fro the matrix not to inform, this sudden statement is very suspicious.

Also that anyone believes the things they say. Automatically believed she is speaking her mind? I believe that she gave into either threats or a payoff and was given a script.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Trueman

I might be wrong here, but reporters that have integrity?
Sounds like propaganda from the US.. I wonder who paid those two off?

Again, I may be wrong..

I feel quite certain their contract of employment would prevent them from making such statements, therefore they MUST have been paid to do this.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Unity_99
Since she knows that media is a code fro the matrix not to inform, this sudden statement is very suspicious.

Also that anyone believes the things they say. Automatically believed she is speaking her mind? I believe that she gave into either threats or a payoff and was given a script.

Exactly! Nothing comes out that box unless THEY want it too.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There's good info on the thread about this.
I'm a great granddaughter of Ukrainians, all this has been very sad, this has all been concerning and to my family as well. History repeats itself with propaganda, now hitting from all sides. Hope they stay safe.
edit on 6-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Unity_99

Exactly! Nothing comes out that box unless THEY want it too.

The skeptic in me says, "You're right!!"

However, there was something in the body language of both. Couldn't make it out ... don't really care. They're working for the MSM and it's better to not get sucked into any potential BS scheming.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Snarl
However, there was something in the body language of both. Couldn't make it out ... don't really care. They're working for the MSM and it's better to not get sucked into any potential BS scheming.

Maybe, but their job is to put across BS in the most convincing way they can, and that includes using body language. Trying to see through them wont work, they are proffesionals, and they're very good at their job.

I feel quite sure that their contracts of employment would specificaly state that they will be hung drawn and quartered for doing something like this.

Just my opinion though

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I applause people that stand behind their values even when it goes against their paycheck. We need more people like this.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Yusomad
So she is a good journalist because she is pro-west. And some emotional gibberish on top of that.
Is that it?

Pretty much.

Its one thing to say that you cant sit by and spew propaganda all day, that should be applauded.

But shes acting as though the US has the moral upper hand.

Is she nuts?

The US (in modern history) has attacked, invaded, occupied and overthrown more nations than anyone else.

My question is, wheres THE AMERICAN MEDIA refusing to spew the BS?

Show me one mainstream article that points out the incredible hypocrisy of the United States condemning some OTHER nation.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

While people put up with a lot for money choosing the first crisis involving Russia to quit is very odd, you must admit. Granted, maybe they weren't being allowed to criticize Russia who knows? But it is odd... when people put up with a lot for money they will also get through more than one crisis and this is the very 1st one which involves Russia.

What I did think was awesome, was that the first lady got sent to Crimea... this way she could see for herself the situation, be a journalist... a real one who seeks out the truth rather than spouting words someone else said.

That was commendable of Russia. And her for going. Although it could be said that was the "plan" and hence is the conspiracy in and of itself.

This second, I don't know... seems fishy to me.

edit on 6-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Trueman

Again, I may be wrong..

Your right! Their action's are making the US Government look wholly innocent in this matter. Let's not forget who is instigated the overthrow of the Ukrainian Gov. Russia has every right to look to defend it's borders against these maniacs.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

What I am wondering is if the scenario didn't go like this.

First women was feeling critical of Russia on a personal level, and the scripts she was given to read for the news was not critical in her opinion... she had a moment in which she did her rant on air, she felt at that point Russia was wrong, without really knowing the situation, just as we all have a tendency to do.

RT said okay, go to Crimea yourself then, find out the real situation then you can report on what you see, think, and feel from a first hand standpoint... and because journalism and integrity was important to her, she said yes.

Afraid of what she will end up making the stance of the US look like after this first hand experience the US takes their plant and tells her to say similar then afterward quit, so she follows her orders, reads her prewritten script and quits (acting afraid as one poster mentioned) instead of speaking her piece and staying as the first one did. (who apparently was unafraid of either speaking her piece or staying after.)

The first seems very heartfelt, the second... still fishy...mainly because it seems her only intent was to cast doubt on the first, or to support only the rant of the first woman.

I could be wrong, and they could both be being used by the different sides, but it plays out just as I said from the appearance of it... if they were both working on different sides, the first one is a much better at it.
edit on 6-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

DrunkYogi

kx12x
reply to post by Trueman

Again, I may be wrong..

Your right! Their action's are making the US Government look wholly innocent in this matter. Let's not forget who is instigated the overthrow of the Ukrainian Gov. Russia has every right to look to defend it's borders against these maniacs.

Who instigate the overthrow? Do you have proof of this thing you are saying as if it is gospel?

Russia is defending its borders against maniacs?

Please tell me thi is sarcasm or your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek.

reply to post by OpinionatedB

That's a plausible scenario. Or she may have gotten worried that she'd be sent there too. Or she was goign to resign anyway and this wa a way to do it and say what she wanted to say for years. Or she was going to resign anyway and they made her say this. Or a hundred other things.
edit on 3/6/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join