It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook and Bloomberg look to limit free speech on guns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I know you meant private as in privately owned. That's why I said google was just as bad.

I never said you had to live like that. It is what it is. Until it does get changed, just expect that everything, every form of communication, is eavesdropped on, and saved. Them's the facts. They admitted it, it's public knowledge.

Your stance is admirable, and one most people take. It is also likely you are not planning a revolution to overthrow tyranny.

A lot of people say, "How come the people haven't risen up and done something? When will there be a revolution?"

Likely, there won't be. Any groups capable, militias, have long been infiltrated.

And though the Constitution supports rising up against a tyrannical government, the act of doing so would be treated as sedition. It is a fine line. Likely stopped before it got off the ground. By just such snooping.

IMO, this is exactly why the government is "accidentally" collecting information on Americans, all the while arming DHS for a revolution. They expect it, they are pushing it, and they are doing their best to subvert it, but know they can't forever.

When it happens, and it will, it will be instantaneous, unplanned, and a literal explosion of the people against tyranny. Once the ball starts rolling, they won't be able to stop it. Planned revolution? They got it handled.

Just trying to make the point that we have a total loss of privacy. Even our televisions will be monitoring us. Our elronics. We must ask ourselves why? What do they fear?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was under the impression when you use Facebook, you pretty much waive your right to free speech. It's a company and a service no one is forced to use.

It would be like going into someone else's house and doing whatever they wanted with the home owners possessions.

If the pro-gun people are upset they can't sell guns on Facebook, there are plenty of auction sites out there they can use. Or, they could create their own social networking website in whatever fashion they desire.

When you're in someone else's house, you play by their rules.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Snarl

dashen
Not to even mention that Bloomberg is constantly surrounded by armed goons

Ohhhhh ... but that's oh-so okay ... [/sarc]

The hypocrisy of these guys, "Do as I say ... and if you can afford it ... you can do as I do."

This is a major issue when talking of Bloomberg because of the fact that he has an army of armed guards to protect him but he loves to try to take our ability to protect ourselves away. If guns are bad like he claims....then his security team should be running around with feather dusters or something.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The topic isn't so much as free speech but intolerance.

Don't the likes of these preach "tolerance"? It's hypocrisy fueled by ignorance.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I was under the impression when you use Facebook, you pretty much waive your right to free speech. It's a company and a service no one is forced to use.

It would be like going into someone else's house and doing whatever they wanted with the home owners possessions.

If the pro-gun people are upset they can't sell guns on Facebook, there are plenty of auction sites out there they can use. Or, they could create their own social networking website in whatever fashion they desire.

When you're in someone else's house, you play by their rules.

not "sell" guns.....we are talking about even speaking of guns in a positive way. But you are right...it's their company and they can run it as they please.....which means they can also tell these anti-gun wackos to go pound sand.....and they should.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

also...there is quite a bit of "evidence" that Facebook and Google are both CIA fronts.....so all actions taken by these companies should be scrutinized.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I saw a headline today about Facebook cracking down on people selling guns...

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc and its photo sharing subsidiary, Instagram, will delete posts offering to buy or sell guns without background checks, Facebook announced on Wednesday.

In an effort to curb what gun control advocates say is the increasing use of the social networks to circumvent checks and controls on firearms sales, Facebook and Instagram will also bar users under 18 from viewing gun offers posted by individuals or groups.

"We will not permit people to post offers to sell regulated items that indicate a willingness to evade or help others evade the law," Facebook said.

Facebook, Instagram crack down on gun sales on social networks

I thought that was what this was really all about, not just talking or discussing various firearms in general.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

The topic isn't so much as free speech but intolerance.

Don't the likes of these preach "tolerance"? It's hypocrisy fueled by ignorance.

amen to that...

plus....I am sure Zuckerbergs team of security guards are armed....you think?

But international fame has forced Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to hire a 24-hour personal security team.

link: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

awesome...thanks for adding this...

but no....I was just mentioning the pro-gun and gun fan pages that they were talking about shutting down and now they have made those pages only accessible by people older than 18.....so they are trying to make guns "taboo" or "adult" only.

Guns should not be surrounded by mysticism .... they need not be taboo or for just adults.

THis is an outlined agenda that TPTB are trying to get going. Eric Holder said they need to and are going to make a paradigm shift in Americas thinking on guns.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

tell these anti-gun wackos to go pound sand

Here's my beef. People who don't think standing up for themselves, or physically preparing themselves for self defense, should be allowed that. An, "I told you so." should be our mantra. Clicking our tongues is so much better than name calling. People who have been woken up to the reality of a criminal element living in their midst, need be simply reminded that Bloomberg was otherwise engaged at the time of the incident.

I mean really ... how many times do the gun-grabbers show up at a hospital bedside and express their remorse? They know their argument wilts in the face of reality.

When seconds count ... help is only minutes (and a phone call) away.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

well....I can't say I disagree with anything you said there...

You are right on it.

The militias are controlled by the State they reside in anyway so there isn't much hope there.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Snarl

tell these anti-gun wackos to go pound sand

Here's my beef. People who don't think standing up for themselves, or physically preparing themselves for self defense, should be allowed that. An, "I told you so." should be our mantra. Clicking our tongues is so much better than name calling. People who have been woken up to the reality of a criminal element living in their midst, need be simply reminded that Bloomberg was otherwise engaged at the time of the incident.

I mean really ... how many times do the gun-grabbers show up at a hospital bedside and express their remorse? They know their argument wilts in the face of reality.

When seconds count ... help is only minutes (and a phone call) away.

When seconds count.....my whole family is re-loading....

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

boncho

UxoriousMagnus

peck420

Free speech wouldn't apply.

FaceBook is private property, owned wholly by FaceBook.

true ... but.... gmail is private so should they be able to tell you that you can't e-mail anything about guns?

They could. But people would probably stop using them. Free speech relates to government not private enterprise.

Get real. The gov is bought and paid for by corprations. They're rapidly becoming one entity where it suits their agenda. The laws are created in favor of whoever's lobbyist has the deepest pockets. So unless its the govenment restricting Constitutional Rights we have no reason to complain and no recourse? That doesn't sound correct.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Urantia1111

boncho

UxoriousMagnus

peck420

Free speech wouldn't apply.

FaceBook is private property, owned wholly by FaceBook.

true ... but.... gmail is private so should they be able to tell you that you can't e-mail anything about guns?

They could. But people would probably stop using them. Free speech relates to government not private enterprise.

Get real. The gov is bought and paid for by corprations. They're rapidly becoming one entity where it suits their agenda. The laws are created in favor of whoever's lobbyist has the deepest pockets. So unless its the govenment restricting Constitutional Rights we have no reason to complain and no recourse? That doesn't sound correct.

mmmm....Wow....exactly the problem. Corporations have taken the country hostage. Corporations like.....I don't know....like Facebook.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Facebook is a virus.

But the rest of the internet isn't any better. Tried to make a new yahoo user ID today and found out you can't do it without a phone number that can receive texts. As if they're getting my number. Invasive and collecting collecting collecting every fact about you in any way they can. For what purpose? Truly frightening stuff that they already have the younger generations convinced is business as usual. Most barely even thing about the consequences and ramification.

I think at this point I'd give all my big bucks to the person who could wipe me out of every database known to man.

Indeed Yahoo is doing that, even if you just need a "garbage" alt address that is going to collect spam and be hacked anyway from sub par Yahoo service. GMail now requires you to connect every account together-your phone number too, or you can't sign in, with another user name. Option: desktop guest user or different browser.

Part of the purpose is general NSA tracking/ data storage, as suspected, part advertising and part access for evidence for pre crime or suspected in crime determination. Your phone connected to that e-mail pinpoints exactly who you are, all without warrant if law enforcement, etc. wants to check it.

Craigslist asks, most of the time, for phone number to receive texts as well. These top mainstream services are all "required" to collect data, guess in time we'll see them all "Linked-in" with Facebook and or Google, Disqus(?), or simply you cannot access the service.

The Facebook supposed exodus won't work either, each company will be absolved into the grid. Seemingly what's already happening to Reddit.
edit on 5-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I never post anything to my facebook wall, but I do regularly "like" posts by my friends, and on rare occasion comment on posts my friends make. A year or so ago, I commented on two separate posts my friend had made about the unannounced military drills taking place in urban settings of major American cities. Both of his posts were removed from facebook without explanation.

Just wanted to share this for the record.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2014 by 3u40r15m because: stupid..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Facebook already censors some of my posts, or I should say they delay it... or it gets buried where it shouldn't be. I thought it was a FB glitch to start with, but after a few normal chat postings, I noticed they always showed up normal. They are testing their ability in my opinion.

BTW, I could care less about being tracked or spied on by web sites like FB... ads, bots, tracking cookies, debit/credit cards have been doing that for years; so called marketing... that information alone can provide information on what you purchase, where you shop, what your habits are etc... and now days, your cell phone tracks where you are and who you talk with. My point is if you are not doing anything immoral or unethical why worry about it. Know your enemy and you know their weakness...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Seems to me that Facebook is a strictly SOCIAL ENGINEERING SITE>>>>>>ie they are actively in the business of creating a certain personality type throughout the site.....making ants for the new anthill.............

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Shdak
Facebook already censors some of my posts, or I should say they delay it... or it gets buried where it shouldn't be. I thought it was a FB glitch to start with, but after a few normal chat postings, I noticed they always showed up normal. They are testing their ability in my opinion.

BTW, I could care less about being tracked or spied on by web sites like FB... ads, bots, tracking cookies, debit/credit cards have been doing that for years; so called marketing... that information alone can provide information on what you purchase, where you shop, what your habits are etc... and now days, your cell phone tracks where you are and who you talk with. My point is if you are not doing anything immoral or unethical why worry about it. Know your enemy and you know their weakness...

if you aren't doing anything immoral or unethical in your bedroom at night....then leave the lights on and drapes open.

Privacy is essential to liberty. You can't have one without the other. It matters not whether you are "doing anything wrong" or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join