It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich tells O'Reilly US Covertly Provoked Ukranian Uprisings on Prime-time TV (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I apologize for posting yet another thread on the Ukrainian situation. However, here we have Dennis Kucinich going on one of the highest rated prime time news shows and directly blaming the US covert operations of stirring the pot and provoking an uprising in Ukraine.

Bill O'Reilly tries to treat the entire interview as a joke to discredit Kucinich to the American populace that watch the Factor.

Diverting from the typical Western line against "Russia’s invasion of Crimea," former Ohio congressman and Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich said it was driven by covert action by the United States.

Asked how he’d handle the tense standoff if he were president, Kucinich said the following:

"What I'd do is not have USAID and the National Endowment for Democracy working with U.S. taxpayers' money to knock off an elected government in Ukraine, which is what they did. I wouldn't try to force the people of Ukraine into a deal with NATO against their interest or into a deal with the European Union, which is against their economic interest."

"So, it's the USA's fault that Putin rolled in? We made them do it?" O'Reilly asked.

"Bill O'Reilly, if you don't believe in cause and effect, I don't know what I can do for you," Kucinich said.

Source

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

While I am certainly not an O'Reilly fan, Kucinich manages to say exactly the wrong thing with his handful of moments to speak.

"I wouldn't try to force the people of Ukraine into a deal with NATO against their interest or into a deal with the European Union, which is against their economic interest."

I suppose he considers Putin's offer of $15 billion over the EU's offer of less than $1 billion to help bail out their budget overages and existing debt as "economic interest". Bailing out over extended government tab is hardly in the interests of Ukranians, economically or politically. I would argue that preferring to ally with the west is most certainly and dramatically in their economic and political interest.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I can't stand O-Reilly he is a neo con and controlled opposition, so the full truth can never come out. That's why he gets to interview Obama.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Besides Ron Paul he seems to be the 2nd American politician who got some brains left.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Guenter

Besides Ron Paul he seems to be the 2nd American politician who got some brains left.

I completely agree. I would have pushed for a Paul/Kucinich ticket if given the chance. I feel like real change could have been successful.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

freakjive

Guenter

I completely agree. I would have pushed for a Paul/Kucinich ticket if given the chance. I feel like real change could have been successful.

Had they run for office and won neither of them would have lived out their first term. Both of them spoke out too much against the Fed Reserve, the banks and Wall Street. Just look at the past presidents that took action against the Fed Reserve.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
USA stirred the pot in Syria and their cunning plan failed.

Ok so lets stir the pot somewhere else ..... Ukraine ..... but why.

Well as we all know there is always something else going on other than the front page.

Could this thread have something to do with whats really going on.

War is good for diverting attention

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm afraid that you're more than likely right, Buster. Look what happened the last time a president opposed the Fed.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

buster2010

Had they run for office and won neither of them would have lived out their first term. Both of them spoke out too much against the Fed Reserve, the banks and Wall Street. Just look at the past presidents that took action against the Fed Reserve.

I do not recall if it was in some video or in some article, but it mentioned along the lines .. That when JFK got shot so died all hope for USA reforms ...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I agree with you on this. I know we make fun of all the 'mysterious accidental' deaths with Putin's adversary's, but come on. There is a reason we do not have responsible politicians here. They are not let through the gate. Or if they make it through, all the NSA non-sense does not just apply to you and me. ...and if that does not work, well, roll the film Mr Zabruder.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's standard operating procedure for the U.S. to covertly meddle in the internal affairs of other nations for purposes of regime change. Also standard to support dictators and human rights abuses when it suits the agenda. Are these documented facts somehow being withheld from Billow?

He should read Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky, or have somebody read it to him.

edit on 5-3-2014 by zazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

First off, EU's offer is actually 11 billion €uros (plus whatever the US is giving).

greencmp
I would argue that preferring to ally with the west is most certainly and dramatically in their economic and political interest.

Why? I took you for a libertarian, Greencmp, so how come you see it this way, if I may ask?
I would argue that sovereignty and independence is far more in Ukraine's best economic and political interest than being "sold" to the IMF-syndicate.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

freakjive

Ron Paul surprisingly ranked very high amongst the German political science scholarship at that time. Not only because his family is from Hessen/Germany, but because he made the most sense from an outside perspective.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
That would have been better if he'd have told O' Reilly to shut his freakin' mouth while he was speaking.
He coudn't get a word in edgeways.

Thats a sure fire way of telling that what your saying is the truth..

new topics

top topics

join