It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America asking UN to take Action against North Korea....WW3?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

US asks UN to act against North Korea for missile tests as a violations of sanctions - @AP

ABC News

he United States is asking the U.N. Security Council to take action against North Korea for firing two rounds of ballistic missiles in the past week in "clear and calculated violations" of U.N. sanctions.

More roar coming from the United States. They know if Russia and them go at it, North Korea wouldn't be far behind. Next up Iran and Syria and the Games will begin.

I don't know what else to say, its all breaking now.

Thoughts?
edit on 5-3-2014 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
O_o there's nothing to see here?

Or am I just blind to the real facts?

AHH THERE IS THE STORY, it took a minute, when I first loaded the page it had your title and a blank area where the OP should be......

The problem with this is that North Korea has constantly thumbed it's nose at everyone, including China. Their infrastructure is in such shambles a WW1 aircraft could probably do damage..
edit on 532014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

But if WW3 was around the corner, would China not just take him out and take control?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

vkey08

AHH THERE IS THE STORY, it took a minute, when I first loaded the page it had your title and a blank area where the OP should be......

The problem with this is that North Korea has constantly thumbed it's nose at everyone, including China. Their infrastructure is in such shambles a WW1 aircraft could probably do damage..

True that vkey.

Dennis Rodman has done more damage to N. Korea than the UN security counsel could.

There's not much there but paper mache missiles pulled out on floats for for the fake adoring crowds to oohh and ahh over on pain of death if they don't. Sometimes they set off a fizzling fireworks display rocket...no biggie...

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Destinyone

vkey08

True that vkey.

Dennis Rodman has done more damage to N. Korea than the UN security counsel could.

There's not much there but paper mache missiles pulled out on floats for for the fake adoring crowds to oohh and ahh over on pain of death if they don't. Sometimes they set off a fizzling fireworks display rocket...no biggie...

Des

What I don't understand about all that being true is why would we allow North Korea to be so ill towards its people? We have gone after countries that have done less then whats been going on in North Korea.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

NK is a potential nuclear enemy thats punishing its own citizens and keeping them from truly wanting to fight. just imagine an inspired and well fed NK that had people wanting to defend its leaders cause life was so good.... woulda be war long ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Honestly. I feel terrible about the starving oppressed people in N. Korea.

But, I feel it's not our job to force another nation to treat their people better. Their people should rise up en masse and overthrow their dictator if they should choose to do so.

I'm tired of the U.S. being viewed as the world police, with unlimited resources to do nation make overs, to make them just like us.

I worry more about my own country and where it is heading, and how the people are treated here.

jmoho...

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

KingJod
reply to post by vkey08

But if WW3 was around the corner, would China not just take him out and take control?

Right on! I never worry till to the moment when China just rolls into N. K. and takes him out for what ever "humanitarian reasons". Once he "suffers a stroke" and cant govern and China had been asked to "temporarily baby-sit" them, thats when you worry.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I get that i get that. Im from the US too, but we do police the world. sooo, why not just take out that tyrant and get it over with. Those people have suffered long enough.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Their infrastructure is in such shambles a WW1 aircraft could probably do damage..

This kind of thinking has led to a number of lost wars in the past.
You know what's sufficient for me to know... it's the fact that they have the technology to launch satellites into orbit and that is a good indication they already have ICBMs.
With that said, they could smack you with one right between your eyes from thousands of miles away.
Good luck with your ego...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

KingJod
I get that i get that. Im from the US too, but we do police the world. sooo, why not just take out that tyrant and get it over with. Those people have suffered long enough.

Let's take out our own tyrants first.

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

BEcause we arent the WORLD POLICE. No matter what you think.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sign me up. Im waiting for " The American Spring " to happen. Thats what I don't understand , if we are so unhappy with our political system, why not have a march to washington? So many in numbers and that if they use force , then they would feel the rather of " We The People "

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

KingJod

What I don't understand about all that being true is why would we allow North Korea to be so ill towards its people? We have gone after countries that have done less then whats been going on in North Korea.

It's simple! N. K. Is China's Land Buffer Zone. And it keeps quite a substantial number of US military occupied to just sit and wait. Vital man power and equipment they can't use elsewhere. This lil' #hit country sucks up a lot of military resources. Kind of like a bunch of mosquitoes spoiling it for you when you want to have romantic outdoor sex by the campfire.

And for "Suffering". Well Asian culture sees it a bit different. They not so picky about a few million going down. Not all humans and cultures equate the quality of life with they standards set by the west.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Why would asking the UN to uphold its own sanctions be bad?

What if Japan reminded them of their supposed role in the world.

Does the UN really matter at all?

All good questions.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

The US won't engage in a fight it isn't fairly certain of winning. Russia is off the table. China is off the table.

Hear this warning though, if the US ever loses an outright military conflict, you had better have some precious metal tucked away.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

KingJod

Let those people take care of their own problems. America has no right running around getting our people killed and spending us into debt acting like the world police.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by vkey08

Their infrastructure is in such shambles a WW1 aircraft could probably do damage..

This kind of thinking has led to a number of lost wars in the past.
You know what's sufficient for me to know... it's the fact that they have the technology to launch satellites into orbit and that is a good indication they already have ICBMs.
With that said, they could smack you with one right between your eyes from thousands of miles away.
Good luck with your ego...

Has nothing to do with Ego, even the Chinese government has commented as much, when they have tried to get lil Kim to calm down, I believe the exact quote was (I would have to go search it out again but the Chinese President said it) that Kim Jong Un needed to stop playing in the sandbox lest the Chinese Military pull it's WW2 planes out of storage to take care of him.

So it's not ego talking, it's remembering that China has the same opinion of it's little ally.

If China is even warning LIl Kim that he can't withstand an onslaught, what chance would he have say against NATO? or the Pacific Alliance (whatever they are called I can't remember)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by KingJod

Honestly. I feel terrible about the starving oppressed people in N. Korea.

But, I feel it's not our job to force another nation to treat their people better. Their people should rise up en masse and overthrow their dictator if they should choose to do so.

I'm tired of the U.S. being viewed as the world police, with unlimited resources to do nation make overs, to make them just like us.

I worry more about my own country and where it is heading, and how the people are treated here.

jmoho...

Des

But Des, looking inward to our own country could expose some things we arent' ready to see, most people love the rose colored glasses..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thing is with North Korea is they DO have WMD's not only nukes but huge stockpiles of Chemical weapons and biological and they they out right boast about the first 2.

And they are developing ICBM another fact they are not exactly hiding.

Now do we really want to trust a North Korea fully armed with ICBM pointed at Tokyo, Seoul, Los Angeles, San Fransisco and Seattle?

Do you really think they wont try and use there ICBM for blackmail?

Isnt it better to stop them now before they can reduce a number of citys to the consistency to rubble? Deal with them now cause in 10 year time when we might have to deal with them they could very well be able to launch ICBM at your town.

And that isn't rhetoric like with Iraq as they DO have WMD's and they ARE openly testing and developing long range missiles systems. Theres no if or buts.

I very very very rarely support war. But North Korea are to me a extreme threat and a country's we don't want under ant circumstances to have ICBM's as they have a track record of belligerence and out right insanity!
edit on 5-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join