It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you can Assassinate JFK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"JFK Reloaded"

A new Video Game Recreates Kennedy Assassination letting you play the role of the assassin Lee Harvey Oswald . The game was created by a Scottish firm Traffic Games.

The game was released on the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas .

''Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.''

''Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented in by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.''

''Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.''

''Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.''

''Traffic's managing director, Kirk Ewing, said. However, he's offering $100,000 to the first person who uses it to duplicate the shots which killed the president.''

Is it just me or is this game done in very poor taste? Im mean if some US video game company came out with a Princess Diania drunk driving video game, where you get to drive her to her death would the people of the UK think that was right? Plus they have to release it on the anniversary of his death

www.cbsnews.com...

reuters.myway.co... m/article/20041121/2004-11-21T183727Z_01_N21636983_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-MEDIA-VIDEOGAMES-KENNEDY-DC.html

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think that in rataliation, we should make a game where we use your Princess Diana idea, plus shoot Harold Godwinson at Hastings and kill that one famous Scot (blast, I keep forgetting his name!) from Braveheart. We could have some fun seeing how many asassinations/deaths we could fit in that game. We could even have some fictional ones! As a Nazi bomber pilot, you get to blow the crap out of Parliament and Winston Churchill! That would be enjoyable, though I don't expect sales would be good in Britain. Of course, these are the same people who said that if you vote for Bush you, "are as dumb as ****." That wonderful quote is from The London News. Yeah, and they're our ally.

EDIT: Wait, the mods might not like this, so I decided to get on good terms with them:

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by Shadowtrooper90]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thats a little disturbing. I thought JFK was a good president.

whats the motives behind this?????? why would anyone WANT to shoot him???

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
being from scotland can i point out that this was probably made by a bunch of "NEDS" aka non educated dilinquents.
also i find this very bad but why would you want to make a game of shooting diana? she isnt scottish she's english and also she was just as good as kennedy and she died under just as much suspision.
also i think we ARE you only ally right now who else is in iraq dieing alongside US service men in bagdad and all over iraq?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Heres an idea, instead of shooting Diana, who was an well loved person, lets create a game where you shoot the designers of the JFK game. Apparently these designers have got issues in the head.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well shadow XX ..here comes the 64million$ question...but I think atleast a couple of 'Snipers' were in on it..Don't you???
Strange that you bring this qestion up after our little dispute over snipers..ehyy....:shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left...

Come on, say it with me one more time...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have to admit as a gamer, I too find this in poor taste...however...Maybe this should serve as a wake-up call....

You have games like GTA - which I love, first of all - where you go around killing people like crazy - There seems to be a sort of hypocritical nature to saying that killing one person in a certain game is worse than killing another...

Videogames have been taking their spin off of Hollywood for many years now....and today, video game sales even out-perform the box office....but they're still grounded in good vs. evil....This game doesn't fit into that category, so the immediate reaction is shock

I dunno - I'm just throwing this idea in for arguement sake...Feel free to criticize it....

[edit on 12/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Some say that the video game market may outpace the music industry. I'm a hardcore gamer and I have to say video games are starting to suffer from the problems of other entertainment industry. It's starting to get filled with crap. Theres still plenty of quality games out there, mostly made by companies like Nintendo and such who put lot's of effort into their games. But then there are those games that were probably made in one week based off of some mediocre movie or something. Anyhow thats just my opinion for the most part.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
O'yea, that's what we needed, a game where u can assianate JFK.
-_-
-_-
-_-
-_-
-_-
That's just not right, the point of the game being made is.....................
:bash:
This game should b banned.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
This game should b banned.

Not that I support this game idea at ALL, but that's one hell of a statement.

"THEY can't have the freedom of expression, but I CAN."

I think your statement should be banned.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Very bad idea for a game. I think that the murder of JFK is a subject that should be treated with respect, it would be akin to the Queen getting shot and then someone making a game out of that.
For the record i think the kill shot deff came from the front. Nice flat trajectory, good view of the target and an escape route to the railway line and away.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe the game is an attempt for people to see that it is possible for one shooter to have accomplished this. That would be an educational thing for a lot of people........ and as far as taste.... I forgot humans had any.

new topics

top topics

join