It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link between mutilations and Old Testament animal sacrifice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The Old Testament states that god requires animal sacrifice to atone for one's sins. Basically, the animal was sacrificed in place of the person because blood is necessary to make up for the individual's sin. You sinned so you owe god some blood.

According to the Bible, Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice to atone for man's sin indefinitely and the need for animal sacrifice was removed. Apparently, the Judeo-Christian god is a blood-thirsty entity. With all his omnipotence and mercy, he can't just forgive sin when asked for it... theres gotta be some death involved.

Cattle mutilation is a fairly common phenomenon associated with aliens and UFO's. Evidently, some cattle mutilation remains closely match the Old Testament instructions for ritual sacrifice.

Soooo I'm stuck with a feeling that there's a link. I'm not religious and believe that all the world's religions are man-made stories passed down from generation to generation with varying levels of embellishment added along the way. I do believe that there's a possibility of extraterrestrial involvement in our ancient history which would mean that certain fantastical religious writings are the result of said extraterrestrial influence.

Perhaps the requirement for animal sacrifice was the result of an ancient herder finding one of his animals mutilated by "god" and decreeing that it was clearly one of god's wishes that we continue to make sacrifices to him.

The sacrifice requirement undoubtedly traces back to the religions that were around long before Judeo-Christian beliefs but that still doesn't explain the origin of the belief that god(s) required ritual sacrifice of humans and animals.

I'd like to hear some theories from you fine folks.
edit on 3/5/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting idea. I am skeptical that UFO or ET is even relevant, but certainly I can wrap my thoughts around the logic of ancient civilizations perceiving such an event would be: it is god's will for it to happen. Looking forward to reading others postings.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Old Testament never mentions cutting out the eyeballs tongue udders anus genitals etc c of a cow. A sin offering was totally consumed by fire. Other offerings such as a peace offering were eaten by the donating parties and temple priests. The parts of the cow that went to the priest were the cheeks the front right leg and the chest. Forbidden from being eaten were the fats that were found on the internal organs. All the internal organs were washed and burnt.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Incidently in the Tabernacle in the desert built by Moses and in the temple built by Solomon in Jerusalem the fire descended from heaven on to the offering. Or something like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

dashen
reply to post by dashen

Incidently in the Tabernacle in the desert built by Moses and in the temple built by Solomon in Jerusalem the fire descended from heaven on to the offering. Or something like that.

Sounds like myrrth about frankincense to me
bad joke

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

To figure this out you'll have to go back further than animal sacrifice. Human child sacrifices seem to have been more the fad before you see a change to animal. Biblically the change came when Abraham's almost sacrificed his son Issac before told to change to a Ram instead. I believe this switch from child sacrifice to sacrificing a Ram is symbolic of changing Gods or religions. In Abraham's time child sacrifice was practiced by the Canaanites and worshipers of Baal a.k.a. Baphomet. This was one of many cult of the bull deities that stem back to Egypt and maybe even before. Sacrificing the horned Ram could be symbolic to switching your religion and burning the old horned god effigy to represent that. From there it most likely went to sacrificing different animals as time went on.

Now why did they use children for sacrifice? Maybe the earlier God(s) ate us and preferred young tender meat so now you see cannibalism as a way to copy them and maybe even to become more like them.

I did a thread awhile back that is similar to what you're saying. It's my spin on the subject. Take a peek if you want.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Answer

To figure this out you'll have to go back further than animal sacrifice. Human child sacrifices seem to have been more the fad before you see a change to animal. Biblically the change came when Abraham's almost sacrificed his son Issac before told to change to a Ram instead. I believe this switch from child sacrifice to sacrificing a Ram is symbolic of changing Gods or religions. In Abraham's time child sacrifice was practiced by the Canaanites and worshipers of Baal a.k.a. Baphomet. This was one of many cult of the bull deities that stem back to Egypt and maybe even before. Sacrificing the horned Ram could be symbolic to switching your religion and burning the old horned god effigy to represent that. From there it most likely went to sacrificing different animals as time went on.

Now why did they use children for sacrifice? Maybe the earlier God(s) ate us and preferred young tender meat so now you see cannibalism as a way to copy them and maybe even to become more like them.

I did a thread awhile back that is similar to what you're saying. It's my spin on the subject. Take a peek if you want.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

The sacrifice was supposed to be "pure blood" that was free from sin... i.e. children and later cattle/goats. That's the reason, anyway... not the explanation of origin.
edit on 3/5/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

The Old Testament talks about Adam and then later his children giving sacrifices at a certain place. Incidently during the cain and Abel story it says that a fire descended from the sky and ate up his sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

dashen
The Old Testament never mentions cutting out the eyeballs tongue udders anus genitals etc c of a cow. A sin offering was totally consumed by fire. Other offerings such as a peace offering were eaten by the donating parties and temple priests. The parts of the cow that went to the priest were the cheeks the front right leg and the chest. Forbidden from being eaten were the fats that were found on the internal organs. All the internal organs were washed and burnt.

that is the truth, a proper method in killing the sacrifice, ie no pain or undue suffering. and then the proper dismemberment.
then followed by the proper way of removal, consumption and disposal of the sacrifice.

no hacking the poor animal up and leaving the carcass out in the pasture to rot and be fed on by scavengers, which even that was seen as unclean.

ETA: that's right i forgot that scavengers supposedly won't even touch cattle mutilations
edit on 5-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When lauren moret spoke up on the winsors and the nuclear, and the hidden ww3, a nuclear an gmo war against the people done since ww2, because we're a threat to them, this was brought up.

She named a lot of names and went into details that couldn't be faked.

Bascially, all cattle mutilations take place down wind of nuclear facilities. They take parts that are tested for radiation, eyes and organs/wombs. And obviously adjust for exactly the percentage of leak they want.

They did this in Iraq after decimating them with depleted uranium weaponry. And then increased the amount.

These mutilations have nothing to do with ET.

Leuren Moret: USA, UK Monarchy behind Fukushima radiation genocide

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Answer

The historical and ritualistic aspects of animal sacrifice and worship, and their possible links to the cattle mutilation phenomenon, are extensively covered in Christopher O'Brien's new book "Stalking the Herd". The ebook is currently available for download and the actual print copies have just started being shipped this week. I've read maybe a quarter of the e version so far and expect to have my copy of the book by this weekend. This book is a large tome which tries to address the issue from many different angles, offering many possible scenarios and/or theories. This book is not really a "ufo" book, though the issue is brought up often as a connection to ufo's is one of the most popular mutilation memes.

Hopefully once "Stalking The Herd" has been out for awhile we can revisit this issue much more extensively...

Find it through Amazon or on O'Brien's website...
Our Strange Planet

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If advanced Alien Gods, wanted bodies to be test subjects, god knows what on, they could easily do that to a whole city. Whats would stop them? our advanced stick and stone spears? Nuclear weapons that weren't even made? Saying Jesus, like it was a bloody mary, to scare technological beings, or give the aliens hints, like "Im not going near that guy".

It like looking at the Mayans, and Egyptians. These civilizations at one point were so clever to build such structures, but lost themselves to fears of having a pissed of sky god, or a dying, never sated Sun God?

Besides, didn't Jesus sacrifice himself, in the name of the father(who is himself), to become an all powerful Super-sayian, Zombie, to the point where it throws Yah Weh of his throne? And what also odd, is their is no stories of him doing anything with his new found, god powers.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Cattle mutilation is a fairly common phenomenon associated with aliens and UFO's. Evidently, some cattle mutilation remains closely match the Old Testament instructions for ritual sacrifice.

Great,

Now lets have links to these instructions and then some cases that match.

new topics

top topics

join