It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed the lack of reported sightings in google and elseware?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've notice a trend that the last year or so I've seen very little "what if!" news reports in google news and the mainstream / alternative news media. I use to be able to look at google news or other spots on the internet, and almost weekly something cool would be out there to read. Of course, nothing has ever turned out to be proof, and a lot of it hoaxes or just plain unexplained... but lately it seems like UFO's have all but disappeared from the web!

Is it possible that because we know how much stuff is up there, and with the wide acceptance of drones, people just assume what they see has a normal cause? Is it me? Have the Aliens run from us because we are scarey!?!?! lol.

I'm just curious who else has noticed this, or if it's just me.

Vaedur

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes being in the age of drones it's going to be nearly impossible for anyone to find any evidence they can't be deemed a hoax, explainable anomalies or digital manipulation.

I've gotten to the point I stride by most pics and videos. Just a waste of my time. I used to think et life would be detected here on earth. However I've come to the realization that is must be found elsewhere to eliminate the idiotic common denominator...the human being.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Perhaps speculative "what if?" news stories are less common because there's more actual news to report? Speculative alien life pieces with no new studies or events always seemed like the science equivalent of having a lady from the zoo on the news to show different animals, or visiting a local manufacturer to see how some mundane thing is made. Slow news day puff pieces, basically.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
this idea of aliens flying away from us is absolutely gorgeous! I like it.

They've finally realized we are just a completely worthless species and better be left alone, remain abandoned, lost in space forever.

edit on 5/3/14 by AboveTheTrees because: always grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why bother? If you don't have a picture of the incident 'it didn't happen'. If you DO have a picture and it isn't clear it's a bird or just another 'fuzzy light' in the sky. If you DO have a detailed picture/video it's a hoax or CGI. Just ask anyone here. You could walk into the ATS Christmas party with an ET in hand and 90% of the people there would label it a hoax. So why would anyone report anything?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I've noticed the same thing.

Honestly I think the intelligent beings of space have lost hope of finding intelligence on Earth.

Of all the interesting objects in the universe why would they waste time with this hateful planet?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here you go this is from Google trends

HERE OP YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT THIS

There has been a decline of at least searches of UFO related activity with the peak being 2004 (Massive Mexico Sighting) to the present, net highest spike was in 2008 and a steady decline and then random spikes till the present.

Using the search term "Aliens"

You will find that there is a somewhat steady search for aliens on google with some peaks and dips until more recently appears that there is a steady and growing rate of people looking for aliens online

Term Alien Abduction

This term provides that a steady overall search for this since 2004 till present with its highest peak in November 2009. Probably because of the release of the movie "The Fourth Kind"

I can link most of the peaks to famous more modern UFO events and Hollywood productions. I hope that these help you out in some way shape or form.

B-man

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hey pretty neat. Maybe it's a combination of declining interest + the fact we all figure the stuff we see is drones. That's really good cover for them to get in and out and plunder our supply of Twinkies. Hey wait didn't hostess "go out of business" for a while?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have seen occasionally the odd UFO video that made me go wow that's the real thing.

For instance:
* The close up video of the Bob Lazar craft (with a spinning plasma around it).
* The test flight over Area 51 with 2 images of the same craft, it was like its image was being bent around itself.
*Another really good one was a craft that warped space around it and stretched out and then shrank again (A bit like the Enterprise going into warp in star trek TNG)

Then I simply cannot find them again.
In the 10 years of researching I have done, the very best videos and or photos really seem to disappear.
I'm sure I am not being paranoid. I think they are being actively removed.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are still hundreds of UFO reports pouring into the National UFO Reporting Center every month, so people are still seeing and telling about things they can't explain. Most of these are probably misidentifications of ordinary objects.

Historically, 10 to 20 % of UFO reports have been persistently unexplainable. It's been shown that this is not due to a lack of the information needed to turn an 'unidentified' into an 'identified' . The cases with the best, most complete evidence were found to have a similarly high degree of persistently unidentified objects.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 6-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Vaedur
I've notice a trend that the last year or so I've seen very little "what if!" news reports in google news and the mainstream / alternative news media. I use to be able to look at google news or other spots on the internet, and almost weekly something cool would be out there to read. Of course, nothing has ever turned out to be proof, and a lot of it hoaxes or just plain unexplained... but lately it seems like UFO's have all but disappeared from the web!

Is it possible that because we know how much stuff is up there, and with the wide acceptance of drones, people just assume what they see has a normal cause? Is it me? Have the Aliens run from us because we are scarey!?!?! lol.

I'm just curious who else has noticed this, or if it's just me.

Vaedur

It's more like, people have gotten smarter.

And learned:

a. Not every light in the sky is a UFO.

b. Because something is unidentified, does not mean it automatically is evidence of aliens on Earth.

Modern UFOlogy really took off in the cold war, and really started to wane when it ended.

That is not a coincidence. It was likely a propaganda tool of the USA and USSR to begin with.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I would agree that there is little coverage of UFO reports in the news these days but I think this is simply because it has all been said and reported on so many times before and we are really no further forward.

top topics

join