It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed men hold UN chief's representative in Crimea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why do we have so many posts deidcated to the same theme....
Can we not centralise this, its becoming a joke...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh yea...it's ominous and will probably get worse.

To many sides stirring the pot.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hard to tell who the perpetrators really are... when the Russian troops that are there have no identifying markings on their uniforms and most of the paramilitary on either side have no real uniforms anyway.
It almost puts the actual Ukrainian troops at a disadvantage, they are the only ones that have a real uniform at this point.

That is one of the deals about the Geneva conventions.

Military has to wear identifying markings or they are not afforded the protections there in.

Makes them 'war criminals' so to speak.
edit on 5-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
english.alarabiya.net...

Putin says those guys aren't Russian soldiers. That our western news is lying. Whose soldiers are they? The same as the opposition party whose phone taped conversation seemed to be saying that the snipers that killed both Ukranians and the police seemed to work for them?

And other than that, some kind of western mercenary force comes to mind, eh?

rt.com...
Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked EU's Ashton phone tape
edit on 5-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A big thing that really bugs me about the UN is that the important and highest up attend Builderberg group meetings. Who shows up to join them? Is none other than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, which is a felony crime for violating the Logan act.

Screw the UN, anyone that works for them is either desperate for something, or are following someone else's political maneuvering.

So we got one UN member being held? Just 32,416 or so left to get rid of..!

The UN is a collection of patsies and people given jobs there as a reward for doing some stuff for some other graft loving politician.

They even actually do a few token good deeds and say a lot of nice talk designed to get people to trust them. The problem there is they can't be trusted by anyone. They will inevitably end up being a danger to themselves and other countries, everything on the ground and in the air.. Yes, birds too..

They seem to welcome people who are powerful into their ranks, but they don't mind how corrupt that person is. Just look at any guest list for Bilderberg attendees and it is glaring.. This is relevant because many important UN members all attend Bilderberg. Sure, this is smart in shrewdness, after all the people attending Bilderberg are quite powerful and can make things happen. Usually it isn't good for the honorable and those that respect law and order.

Just what is the UN really? It is nothing but a way for corrupt world leaders to get things going in their own country by passing it off to their team mates in the UN! And the UN will sell it as a globally needed effort to unite all people, or some such baloney. Now the UN can start working on those packages and agendas. The people using the UN for this have failed to institute the levels of power that they want their agendas to have on people. Since Obama was pretty much told to take a hike by the People about his fake gun grabbing scheme, he said piss on you all I'm doing it anyway. "I'll use the UN, executive orders, graft, kickbacks, murder, and whatever it takes so I can get those guns so America will really be screwed".

Get to work, world leaders who still want freedom, start dismantling the UN. And if you see Hillary or Obama, knock some sense into them. (On second thought, don't even bother. That would just be like putting old rotting garbage in a new sack, and leaving it there.) (Plus the SS would have to pretend they care about those two and will probably shoot you.)
edit on 5-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Spanish TV state he was NOT about to be abducted. he was simply HARRASED and hid in a cafe..nothing more, nothing less.

The marines in the base surrounded have arrested 2 idiots they found trying to cut the electricity cables to their barracks...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am almost in agreement with that gal on the intercepted phone conversation @$ck the UN .Too many large agencies acting in concert with one another overthrowing countries and improvising the real people that are on the ground .They have been working for their new world order and are not going to stop .They will do anything from 911 to Sandy Hook to what is happening in Syria ,and if they will do that they will do what ever they get desperate to do . They used to lie and hide it ,and now they lie and say so what . ..Pretty hopeless situation ,but they must still be fearful about us or they would just put it on Fox and all other MSM outlets for all to see ..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Source

A reporter from Britain’s ITV News, who was accompanying Serry, said local pro-Russia militiamen in combat fatigues subsequently blocked the door to the coffee shop with the U.N. envoy inside. Reporter James Mates said Serry agreed to end his mission and go straight to the airport. Serry then got into a car for the drive to the airport as an angry crowd chanted slogans in support of Russia and President Vladi­mir Putin. Serry said he was happy to leave Crimea if it helped to de-escalate the situation, Mates wrote on his Twitter feed.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I think we are past the point of no return with the U.N. but I also believe that if they where to dismantle, the world would be even more of a hell hole then it is now.

It seems to me they designed it perfectly.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

neo96
Well that ain't helping Putins 'righteous' cause.

In fact that is one of the worse things that can be happening.

Unless Putin is behind it, and some 'non affiliate' does the dirty work to keep his hands 'clean'.

I don't think nothing going on in Crimea is not being done without Putin's say so.

You can take the Putin 'out' of the KGB, but you can't take the KGB out of Putin.
Might be just what the west needs to make Putin appear more "thug-like". There's a good chance those holding him are backed by western interests. Hey they want their cut of what's happening in the Ukraine and Putin wasn't paying up.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What if it was Kerry that was treated in such a way? all bets off there....
Holding a rep for the UN is not a good thing, okay not HOLDING, just PREVENTING people from going in an out a coffee shop, this doesn't help Ol pootie poots cause....
Course the folks here on ATS who think Russia had a right to go into crimea like that would prolly say THAT WAS OKAY TOO regarding the UN rep, foolish an ignorant if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Bilk22

neo96
Well that ain't helping Putins 'righteous' cause.

In fact that is one of the worse things that can be happening.

Unless Putin is behind it, and some 'non affiliate' does the dirty work to keep his hands 'clean'.

I don't think nothing going on in Crimea is not being done without Putin's say so.

You can take the Putin 'out' of the KGB, but you can't take the KGB out of Putin.
Might be just what the west needs to make Putin appear more "thug-like". There's a good chance those holding him are backed by western interests. Hey they want their cut of what's happening in the Ukraine and Putin wasn't paying up.

That get's old.

Blame the WEST!

Same crap different day, but it was more like Ukraine wasn't paying up, and letting ole 'Vlad' have his way, so he invaded Crimea.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Out of this entire mess, I'd have have to say this is the most interesting ... most telling ... big picture development.

On ATS, I experience a myriad of viewpoints which are not directly in-line with my own, on a wide variety of topics. It's not hard for me to tell if someone is smarter, wiser, more experienced, or better educated than myself. When I stray into such threads, I pay attention and try to learn from what I see ... or don't see.

What I'm not seeing ... is telling me this business in the Ukraine isn't simply a land-grab.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

---
Blaming the west sure does get old.
Your right about Ol pootie poots not getting his way, so he just shows up with a few of HIS BOYS as an act for a show of force, but his dogs took it too far by messing with a UN Rep, I wonder he ol poots knew about that..................................................................

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok seems like the Ukrainian government is really good at spreading propaganda, first the "ultimatum" and now that.

The news outlets all over the world just instantly spread it and then have to deny it again.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

neo96

SLAYER69
Putin is just like any other politician..

He says a lot of things.

That is what I don't get.

That is the universal constant from country to country.

No matter where one goes they are all full of snip.

What I don't get is why you guys haven't covered a billionth of what goes on by your home country, because you just love focusing so much on what you are being told is going on by others.

Oh wait I do get it, its called the hometeam flag waving, with smatterings of oh THANK GOD others are messed up too !!!

Smirky, rhetoric filled posts with mostly nothing helpful, sounds about right.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is turning into just a comedy of errors...Obama and Putin=Spy vs Spy

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

You obviously do not read 90% of the posts that show how critical most of us are of our own country let alone others...tread lightly my friend

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Oh, the UN. *yawn*

No sympathy.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
News just out that he is NOT held or kidnapped...

www.theguardian.com...

'just' harassed... he decided to leave...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join