It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lois Lerner invokes the Fifth Amendment... again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It is more of the same on this story:

ex-IRS official Lerner takes 5th Published March 05, 2014 FoxNews.com A House hearing on the IRS targeting scandal rapidly broke down into a heated and deeply personal argument between a top Democrat and Republican, moments after former IRS official Lois Lerner once again invoked her Fifth Amendment right not to testify. Lerner, who last year refused to answer questions about her role in singling out Tea Party and other conservative groups for extra scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status, was called back before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Wednesday. Though Republicans argue she waived her Fifth Amendment right by giving a statement during the last hearing, Lerner continued to invoke that right on Wednesday. "On the advice of my counsel, I respectfully exercise my Fifth Amendment right and decline to answer that question," she said in response to several questions.

Fox News

What will happen next?
Issa believes that Lerner waived her rights by prior testimony.
I can't say that I agree with that, but then I am not an attorney.

Will there be charges?
edit on b000000312014-03-05T10:37:08-06:0010America/ChicagoWed, 05 Mar 2014 10:37:08 -06001000000014 by butcherguy because: Removed junk.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
charges?
Shouldn't there be an impeachment in there somewhere?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why invoke the 5th when there's nothing to hide? Time to impeach Owe-bama.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Baby steps.
But then if we progress at the current speed, his successor will be out of office before anything is uncovered.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Issa is an idiot...

Nothing shakes the memory like a jail cell.

If they have the goods like Issa says.

This pathetic election stealing pig should be behind bars.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In the media " I did nothing wrong, I did nothing wrong"

Under oath " I refuse to answer, I refuse to answer"

Seems legit. I couldn't imagine a President using the IRS to punish their political opponent.

OH WAIT….YES I CAN

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wish we were allowed to go all Jack Bauer on her... When you hold a job like that you shouldn't be allowed to invoke the 5th amendment, you should have to answer questions and if you want to invoke the 5th understand that Jack Bauer is coming by to torture you....

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So bottom line here... this person was employed by the Federal government in a position paid for by the taxpayers and stands accused of misusing the position. As a result of that she has been called to testify by the representatives of said taxpayers to answer questions about that misuse, especially because the alleged misuse could very well be criminal in nature. Instead of having to answer for her actions, this person is simply pleading the fifth to every question asked.

Wouldn't it be fun if real jobs worked this way? Don't like your boss? No problem... intentionally botch everything you can and then just stand there and say "I don't want to talk about it" How cool!

If the accusations are true then this was a blatant crime. A misuse of taxpayer money and resources and the use of the Federal government to target specific groups based on their beliefs. A very dangerous precedent that will get stuck in political pageantry rather than prosecuted.

If the accusations are true then 1) someone needs to go to jail for this 2) those higher ups who authorized it need to be removed from their positions to protect the people from further abuses and 3) depending on where the orders originated there is the possibility that the investigation must transcend the IRS itself and include the Executive Branch.

This is a hideous abuse of power, if true, and these circus like hearings are doing nothing to correct it. Criminal investigation, period.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Want to see how broken our Govt. is??? just watch the clip of Mr. Cummins and the Chairman acting up........

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This idiot woman should be held in prison on contempt charges until she learns how to formulate enough coherent sentences that will answer all of the questions.

As of right now, it looks like she is just protecting her master. All legal steps should be taken to test her resolve.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

whyamIhere
Issa is an idiot...

Nothing shakes the memory like a jail cell.

If they have the goods like Issa says.

This pathetic election stealing pig should be behind bars.

Maybe a jail cell would save her life. There are unconfirmed reports that she claims she is in fear for her life if she tells all.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I love when politicians use the rights given to them by our forefathers, yet these same DC scum are more than willing to strip those same rights from the average Joe.

She pleads the 5th while they limit our 1st, are trying to take our 2nd, abuse our 4th, and the list goes on!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

There are two scenarios:
Everyone seems "scraried-straight" at the IRS and WH so no criminal charges will occur...1st Black President excuse again.
The other scenario is...the above scenario is what will happen I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They are only trying to hang on for dear life .If you put them in jail it will not get to the ones behind it all .This link is to a very informative interview that should be considered not because it might be true but because it is and we know it .

There is another, more shadowy, more indefinable government that is not explained in Civics 101 or observable to tourists at the White House or the Capitol. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Will there be charges?

If we go by what has happened in the recent past the answer is no. Just look at Clapper and his lying to congress, mister "I told the least untruthful lie." That whole place is a joke.

I wonder who sent her the "death threats" as well. Probably came from farther up the chain of command.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We didn't get a smidgeon of Testimony.

Our Government Hearings are like bad episodes of The Three Stooges...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by Bassago

We didn't get a smidgeon of Testimony.

Our Government Hearings are like bad episodes of The Three Stooges...

If there are no charges leveled here, then we have to look at the hearings as just theater, to keep all those voters in their pigeonholes where they expect them to stay. That would necessarily mean that there is no difference between the two political parties that are in complete control.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You are correct.

If you can use your people at the IRS to attack your political opponents.

Essentially, rigging a Presidential Election.

Then as an employee of the people you take the 5th?

If she does not go to jail...Then the entire system is rigged.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

whyamIhere

You are correct.

If you can use your people at the IRS to attack your political opponents.

Essentially, rigging a Presidential Election.

Then as an employee of the people you take the 5th?

If she does not go to jail...Then the entire system is rigged.

so, if a charity group does not get tax-exempt status, it results in a rigged presidential election??...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Republican Darrell Issa Wins ‘Most Corrupt’ Award From Non-Partisan Watchdog Group CREW

It would seem trust is something that is not applicable to politicians of either party.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join