It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
admin note: The story linked and discussed in this thread is a satire per the disclaimer at the bottom of the page which reads:

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact.

Well Well Well..What goes around comes around. I knew they would never be able to pull off the gun confiscation.

The unnamed intern then pointed at the list and said, “my dad’s name is on the list, and he is the police chief. I see three other names on this list of family members, all cops.”

www.callthecops.net...
edit on 3-5-2014 by Springer because: added satire disclaimer

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

That is just poetic.
Very amusing indeed.

I am sure this will be as common through out the U.S.
Many LEO's are gun enthusiasts, and collectors.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
Well Well Well..What goes around comes around. I knew they would never be able to pull off the gun confiscation.

The unnamed intern then pointed at the list and said, “my dad’s name is on the list, and he is the police chief. I see three other names on this list of family members, all cops.”

www.callthecops.net...

Wanna bet if there is also at least 6 of the same lawmakers that passed this BS law on that list?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

So the intern is the police chief's kid, not surprised. Wonder how he got that?

Why do they even need a gun registration if they already know who has guns? They have a list of people who haven't complied.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Merlynn

Why do they even need a gun registration if they already know who has guns? They have a list of people who haven't complied.

I wondered that as well, if they know you have an unregistered gun, you must have purchased from a dealer I'd imagine. And then is it not registered at that time anyway? Confusing.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Im2keul

Merlynn

I wondered that as well, if they know you have an unregistered gun, you must have purchased from a dealer I'd imagine. And then is it not registered at that time anyway? Confusing.

They dont have a gun registration list, they have list of sales, and background check info. They are using this to see who bought one of these guns, and who registered, so they know who didnt.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Scroll to the very bottom of the links page and this is what you find::

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

OH CRAP! I did not see that! My Bad!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I was always under the impression that once you purchased (legally) it was automatically registered to you.
Is this not accurate?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If they did go through with the plan, what is to prevent the powers from skipping over police officers and other officials anyway. The Law? That obviously doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Im2keul
reply to post by oblvion

I was always under the impression that once you purchased (legally) it was automatically registered to you.
Is this not accurate?

Generally, no, that is not accurate. Some states have different laws requiring registration but as a nation federal level registration doesnt exist (on record anyway) and most of the 50 state don't have state level registries.

For a long time CT had a state level handgun registry. Your handgun would be registered at point of sale whether or not the sale was private or through a dealer.

CT had no long gun registry until this asinine post-Newtown brain farting. This registry was temporarily opened. Any prohibited firearms that were not registered by the deadline are now illegal as far as the state is concerned.

Some estimates show compliance levels as low as 10-15% meaning 85-90% of the prohibited firearms and their owners in the state are now felons.

The state has yet to enforce their new law and is floundering about trying to delay the inevitable because if the state doesnt act then what's the point of the law that was so important it had to be rushed through in the dead of night without a thought or care?

Surely the state will not permit these felonious scofflaws to run free.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

roadgravel
If they did go through with the plan, what is to prevent the powers from skipping over police officers and other officials anyway. The Law? That obviously doesn't matter.

They'd just pull a NY SAFE ACT style LEO exemption.

They'll say "see, we love you cops, you can keep your guns. Now go get everyone elses."

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I wonder how many people will just keep posting as if it were real. Should leave it up just to see.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Golly Gee...What a brainstorm! ! They FINALLY figured out that some of the most prolific and determined gun collectors are cops? hey...they need an award or something. That kind of blinding brilliance is a rare thing to see among political classes. It's almost enough to need sunglasses, indeed.

Tomorrow, they'll figure out there is a 2nd Amendment they're a little on the wrong side of...but alas...baby steps and one lesson as a time, eh?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

ohioriver

I wonder how many people will just keep posting as if it were real. Should leave it up just to see.

Keep it going for entertainment purposes. People will believe only what they want to believe.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Im2keul
reply to post by oblvion

Is this not accurate?

No.. That isn't correct. Federal law requires you submit to a background check to buy a firearm. That's it. End of story. the gun is yours...go and have fun with it. No long term records are supposed to be held from those checks. That's the extent of the Federal Government's involvement in an average gun sale between a licensed dealer and a private citizen. Nothing more... That's it. Simple, isn't it?

That is all there *IS* in states like mine, too...as our state isn't populated by busy body buffoons looking to legislate every possible angle of any human behavior they can imagine to write a new law about.

Most states, however, DO have registration systems...and so, it is to your specific state and not the Nation/Feds one must look.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

UnBreakable

ohioriver

Keep it going for entertainment purposes. People will believe only what they want to believe.

Hmmm.. I caught the bogus nature of the source.

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact. More ...

However...... Cops as leading the gun owners by number and variety in CT is a no brainer and I'm sure, a general fact of life there as much as it is everywhere else. That's my cop's kid upbringing again for saying cops LOVE guns..and New York found this same problem with their magazine limits. Cops were included and Cops went ballistic....

So is it false that CT is still going full tilt in confiscation? I get the source is goofy..but even a broken clock is right twice a day..and the story seems common sense much more than anything to be subjectively right or wrong?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

ohioriver

Some of us are just using it to discuss the entire situation, whether do it or not doing it is true or a made up story.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

oblvion

Im2keul

Merlynn

They dont have a gun registration list, they have list of sales, and background check info. They are using this to see who bought one of these guns, and who registered, so they know who didnt.

Which is an example of why the promise "we won't use the background check or 4473 to track you or use it as a registration" was a lie from the outset.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact. Heck we tend to leave in spelling and grammer errors just to prove we is not the professional media. No reference of an individual, company, or government entity seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

Any statement made by authors on this page should not be considered the opinions of agencies they are employed by.

Can you say "Whoops?"
Would be funny if true but alas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join