It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News - RT News. Sky News - RT News. Etc...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How interesting to see the different spins on the Ukraine situation as I sit in my kitchen switching from RT to Sky news.

RT News has a calming effect regarding the situation. No one is getting excited, talking about war etc.

Sky News seems to have figured out who the Devil is - Mr Putin. Spin after spin and dare I say - Lies!

There was one photograph in particular on Sky News showing Russian tank driving along a Ukrainian street, it was a disturbing photo.

Turn to RT and they explain the photo was taken hundreds of miles away in Russia !!

You cannot report a serious situation like this.

Im from the UK and I say Putin has got it right and I making Obama and the West look pathetic.

What say you guys.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sky News is a pretty relentless propaganda machine, Its the U.K equivalent of Fox News, not quite as dumbed down as Fox but getting pretty close.

But yeah, best to take into account as many sources as possible regarding any global politics. Surprised the BBC hasnt ran footage yet of car bombs going off in Syria and trying to convince people its BAD RUSSIAN MEN, CIVILIANS OH NOS
edit on 5-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

Wasn't Putin voted somewhere as the most popular leader in the world? If this is so, imagine the consternation in the White House and Palace etc the claws will be out for him.

For some reason the West has taken against the Russians and its been going on since just before Socchi. The covering often reported wasn't enthusiastic and brought every little nitty-gritty thing it could complain about. Yet he athletes seemed to enjoy themselves and the crowds from all over the world were more than enthusiastic.

I've always felt that despite language problems we should be better aligned with the USSR than the ME and I think Europe needs to think very carefully how to proceed concerning Putin, as unless he goes, he is the man in charge and we need good relations with him. We don't really know how China will eventually pan out and whether she will be a threat to the West or an ally.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

On the other hand, Russia Today is an organ of the Russian government. It is their job to soothe you into believing that everything is okay in Crimea, and that "ethnic Ukrainians" are all violent fascist thugs. They will play footage of the anti-Yanukovych rioting in Maidan Square from weeks ago and claim that it shows the chaos going in in Western Ukraine. Take your pick of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
RT is Russian... Sky News is British... As long as we keep sources in mind and what nations hold influence for spinning what comes from them? I'd say they're all about equally valuable or worthless, as the perspective might be. They all spin...they all selectively report and they all report to the tune of their editors, who dance the jig called by the organization they work for. So....News is what News is.

Russian or English? I agree with you on a little of both with a side of truth from somewhere else for a balanced breakfast.

top topics

join