It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Conspiracy - UFO Sightings & Alien Structures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here is a LunaCognita video that is relevant to this thread. This was posted in 2008 on LunaCognita's youtube channel.

The stunning Apollo 10 coverup - The Music Behind The Moon

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

This is pretty much the same content as the video in the OP, and it makes the same false claim. The audio tapes recorded in the LM are publicly available and I posted a link earlier in this thread to them, along with which file you need to download and where in that file you can hear the relevant content.
edit on Sat Mar 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

onebigmonkeyThis is pretty much the same content as the video in the OP, and it makes the same false claim. The audio tapes recorded in the LM are publicly available and I posted a link earlier in this thread to them, along with which file you need to download and where in that file you can hear the relevant content.

You can find the Apollo 10 ones here:

archive.org...

and the relevant one is 10-030702_5-OF-6.wav. Go to 45:40 for the start of the bit they quote first.

Thank you OBMonkey. Let's also realize that when LunaCognita made the claim about tapes not being released it was in 2008 which was true at the time that video was uploaded. I encourage everybody to look at the NASA source materials because they are in response to the claims made by LunaCognita from 2008.

LunaCognita's video was uploaded May 14, 2008.
www.youtube.com...

The NASA Apollo 10 transcripts page says it was last updated "7/16/2010".
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

The NASA audio files for Apollo 10 apparently came out around July of 2012. 4 years after LunaCognita!
archive.org...

And the OP's video just came out March 2014.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3/8/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But you are repeating the claim as valid despite being told it wasn't several posts ago.

The tapes are available.

There was no unearthly music.

It was radio static.

Any other explanation is woo.

And are you really saying that NASA released the tapes because LunaCognita made some ludicrous claim about UFOs?

The actual transcript document is dated June 1969.
edit on 8-3-2014 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How could this happen and then Gordon Cooper and Ed Mitchell were silent about it?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

JimOberg
How could this happen and then Gordon Cooper and Ed Mitchell were silent about it?

I saw you had mentioned this unlikely scenario earlier. No, Mitchell would have talked about any out-of-the-ordinary experience that he would have been involved in, from principle alone. A fine fellow and researcher. So your thought process, that they would have talked about it, seems to debunk the incident from the very start.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

James Lovell replied as follows:
I have to honestly say that during my four flights into space, I have not seen or heard any phenomena that I could not explain.... / don't believe any of us in the space program believe that there are such things as UFOs.... However, most of us believe that there must be a star like our sun that also has a planetary system [which] must support intelligent life as we know it.... I hope this is sufficient information for Tim Good, and I hope he isn't too disappointed in my answer. [Emphasis added.]
But according to the transcript of Lovell's flight on Gemini 7, an anomalous object was encountered:
SPACECRAFT: Bogey at 10 o'clock high.
CAPCOM: This is Houston. Say again 7.
SPACECRAFT: Said we have a bogey at 10 o'clock high.
CAPCOM: Gemini 7, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting?
SPACECRAFT: We have several, looks like debris up here. Actual sighting.
CAPCOM: . . . Estimate distance or size?
SPACECRAFT: We also have the booster in sight . . .

By Timothy Good

Ok I can't answer Jim's question because I neither knew either astronaut.

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

edit on 3/9/2014 by Blaine91555 because: large quote

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

onebigmonkey

But you are repeating the claim as valid despite being told it wasn't several posts ago.

The tapes are available.

There was no unearthly music.

It was radio static.

Any other explanation is woo.

And are you really saying that NASA released the tapes because LunaCognita made some ludicrous claim about UFOs?

The actual transcript document is dated June 1969.
edit on 8-3-2014 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

and to add some further depth to this, here is an article from 2001 about the transcription process:

www.ninfinger.org...

And here is a link to what appears tobe the contents of the CD that was publicly available for many years before lunacognita et al did their 'research'.

insideksc.com...

The important thing to draw from these documents is that a document wasn't available on the internet is not the same as 'not available'. The publishing date on a web page is not the same as 'this is the date it first became available'.

As it clearly states in the text:

Researchers can use the mission transcript scans on this CD to search particular words or phrases spoken during a mission, find the GMT or MET when they were said, and use the tape database to then find the actual audio tape.

So all you needed to do to listen to the audio was to know which tape to ask for.

The tapes had also been listened to by countless people, both during the missions and afterwards as secretaries and typists transcribed the audio: for every transcript released before the audio was made public someone had to have listened to it. Not one of those people ever came out and said "Hey aliens are playing dark side of the moon at me".

If the defence of the original youtube video makers is that 'well they hadn't heard the tapes', then that pretty much shoots their argument that they know what was heard not just in the foot but squarely in the head.
edit on 9-3-2014 by onebigmonkey because: missing words

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

skyblueworld
Ok I can't answer Jim's question because I neither knew either astronaut.

Uh, isn't that a lame dodge, Sky? You know enough ABOUT both men to presume that they were telling the world all they knew about UFO evidence, right? And you now know that THEY were both physically present in Mission Control during all these ALLEGED UFO-related events on Apollo-10. So the fact that they never mentioned such events in the many later years of their interviews and book writing is strong evidence for -- the events never occurring, wouldn't you admit? Why wouldn't you admit that?

The Tim Good excerpt is a good example of why Tim is known as the man who will believe AN-Y-THING about UFOs he wants do despite contrary testimony.

There are a dozen examples of his accessory-after-the-fact-to-fraud guilt in that passage.

Just one: Garry Henderson's quotation. Good never talked to Henderson, he just 'heard' somebody else's claim. Good never asked anybody who HAD talked with Henderson about his real views. Try search engines to see how they lead you to www.jamesoberg.com...
and speculated why Good would pretend NOT to know about that direct testimony?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by skyblueworld

Thanks skyblueworld.

One thing that bothers me about the 'music' heard by Apollo 10, is that sound cannot carry in space.

Not that i doubt something was being heard, but just that i've not read many, if any, theories on how this could be achieved in space.

If you read more of the transcript than what is highlighted you will see a mention of a specific VHF frequency. It's my impression that this "music" was coming over their communications radio. Since they were on the far side of the moon, communications with Earth was impossible. Therefore what they were hearing had to have been coming from someplace else.

I'm thinking it could likely be interference of some kind, possibly solar radiation. Long before the internet I used to listen to shortwave radio, and you would be surprised at the variety of creepy sounds that came from that thing. Like something from a sci-fi movie.
edit on 3/10/2014 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Double post removed.
edit on 3/10/2014 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

(post by marvinnn11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntiNWO

If you read more of the transcript than what is highlighted you will see a mention of a specific VHF frequency. It's my impression that this "music" was coming over their communications radio. Since they were on the far side of the moon, communications with Earth was impossible. Therefore what they were hearing had to have been coming from someplace else.

Is there anybody out there who hasn't yet realized that the 'music' was heard during ship-to-ship radio comm, during the free-flying maneuvers of the Command Module and the Lunar Module? So 'radio interference' -- which is exactly what the crew suspected -- has always hbeen a perfectly adequate explanation except to folks so utterly clueless about spaceflight events that they didn't KNOW te two vehicles were flying separately?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join