It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Conspiracy - UFO Sightings & Alien Structures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

FAQ 100: Condescension is rarely ever effective... and never necessary during civil discourse.

Just a friendly suggestion.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I haven't bragged, and I have read it. I'm just not buying the part that all Astronaut UFO cases are wrong, I think that is just a belief of your own.

I've seen you comment about my intelligence, but nothing about any anomalies in the video, if they are indeed anomalies, which was the intended purpose of this thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I give the UFO reports from astronauts the same credence and consideration I give the reports of anybody in unusual situations where they provide little or no corroborative evidence that can be fruitfully examined.

A point is quickly reached where no more information can be gathered from the encounter. At that point I shrug.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

skyblueworld

Aleister
reply to post by skyblueworld

Haven't watched the video as yet but look at the screenshot - it's from ATS (on the thread about the Egyptian-statue image rock found on Mars, that's a pic of its face mirrored). So whoever made the vid is an ATSer in some form.

Edit:Watched most of the video (skipping ahead sometimes) and they mislabel the Egyptian rock face as being found in August of 2012. It was first found on the anomalies thread just a few weeks ago. Little mistakes can add up.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Because someone found it on here, doesn't mean someone else who isn't a member didn't find it before then.
I don't know the time date for that particular photo either.

The picture is relatively new, on the path of the Curiosity Rover. The first sighting of it on ATS was on February 1 by user Blackcat13. Here is a link to my post on the pharaoh head thread, which itself links to the first find and then funbox's imaging of it. I'll link this one and then will find the post that the guy ripped off the pic from without giving the ATS member credit:

www.abovetopsecret.com... And khimbar's picture that was ripped off: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pic by ATS member khimbar:

What the youtube guy may have meant is that the Rover was on Mars in 2012. But the tiny "pharaoh" head was imaged by Curiosity in late January of this year, 2014.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Blue Shift
I give the UFO reports from astronauts the same credence and consideration I give the reports of anybody in unusual situations where they provide little or no corroborative evidence that can be fruitfully examined.

A point is quickly reached where no more information can be gathered from the encounter. At that point I shrug.

How does a robot shrug? (one answer:Very carefully)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Aleister

skyblueworld

Aleister

Haven't watched the video as yet but look at the screenshot - it's from ATS (on the thread about the Egyptian-statue image rock found on Mars, that's a pic of its face mirrored). So whoever made the vid is an ATSer in some form.

Edit:Watched most of the video (skipping ahead sometimes) and they mislabel the Egyptian rock face as being found in August of 2012. It was first found on the anomalies thread just a few weeks ago. Little mistakes can add up.

Because someone found it on here, doesn't mean someone else who isn't a member didn't find it before then.
I don't know the time date for that particular photo either.

The picture is relatively new, on the path of the Curiosity Rover. The first sighting of it on ATS was on February 1 by user Blackcat13. Here is a link to my post on the pharaoh head thread, which itself links to the first find and then funbox's imaging of it. I'll link this one and then will find the post that the guy ripped off the pic from without giving the ATS member credit:

www.abovetopsecret.com... And Khymbar's picture that was ripped off: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What the youtube guy may have meant is that the Rover was on Mars in 2012. But the tiny "pharaoh" head was imaged by Curiosity in late January of this year, 2014.

Yes you're correct!
The image was taken Jan. 30, 2014:
NASA link

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The OP video kind of shoots itself in the foot right from the off by claiming that NASA has never released the tapes from the LM. This is not true - there has been a long project to get all the audio from all the missions available on line.

You can find the Apollo 10 ones here:

archive.org...

and the relevant one is 10-030702_5-OF-6.wav. Go to 45:40 for the start of the bit they quote first.

At no point does anyone describe it as 'classical music'.

I lose interest in anything that proves itself wrong within a few seconds.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

onebigmonkey

Lose interest or did your mind reflexively snap shut? I'll quote Jim Oberg :

"Sorry that your mind reflexively snapped shut at the first encounter with an opinion different from your own, but thanks for the admission you are intellectually incapable of considering evidence and arguments that threaten your prejudices. Source Jim Oberg on page 1 of this thread."

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It was taken on January 30, 2014 (SOL 528)

It was also debunked:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

onebigmonkey

Lose interest or did your mind reflexively snap shut? I'll quote Jim Oberg :

"Sorry that your mind reflexively snapped shut at the first encounter with an opinion different from your own, but thanks for the admission you are intellectually incapable of considering evidence and arguments that threaten your prejudices. Source Jim Oberg on page 1 of this thread."

Pot, meet kettle.

Didn't bother reading his post or following the link, did you?

Wonder why that is...

(post by onebigmonkey removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

skyblueworld

I haven't bragged, and I have read it. I'm just not buying the part that all Astronaut UFO cases are wrong, I think that is just a belief of your own.

It's not a matter of symmetrically 'dueling beliefs'. Take a look at any of my case studies, such as STS-48. I think you'll find that the factual basis --verifiable, checkable facts -- far outdistances any 'UFO' interpretation of the famous zig-zag video.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

lemmin

It was taken on January 30, 2014 (SOL 528)

It was also debunked:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you but this thread is about the video, not just that particular photo shown at the end of the video.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Blue Shift

The problem, Blue, is that pro-UFO claimers never even GET to the point where no new information can be gathered, they stop well SHORT of that point by preventing readers from finding out more. There should be a presumption that whoever provides more verifiable informaton could well be the one with the more accurate interpetation.

Instead, ego-strokers and sweet-talkers seem to get the presumption of credibility. But tha could be a trap, I humbly suggest.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thank you but this thread is about the video, not just that particular photo shown at the end of the video.

I think you missed the point, because if this person uses a picture that was not what he claims how can one not come to question the evidence brought forth in the whole video?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Here the video maker answered to someone with the same questions as others regarding the photo.

SuspectSky7:11 PM

The August date is referring to the Curiosity mission date, not when the photo was taken. I did not "take" anything from Above Top Secret, I found the clip on YouTube. The "Iron Sky" hypothesis I explain why I included the image in the comments below. 

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The "Iron Sky" hypothesis

Well, you just can't argue with Nazi's on the moon.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Iron Sky, as in the Finnish comedy film? www.bbc.co.uk...

I think some people might be having trouble separating fiction from reality

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Jim, I've always wondered what your take would be on the Donald Keyhoe books (available here for free: NICAP free books

They've always stood out to me to be a wonderful little slice of military thinking during the late 1940s and early 1950s and far less guarded than later works. He details multiple incidences of anomalous radar returns, speeds unheard-of, many dangerous attempts at interceptions, etc.

In his later book 'Flying Saucers from Outer Space' (gotta love the art deco covers) he states that the military was days away from disclosure only to put the lid down on it all.

Any comments? I'd truly love to hear what you have to say about it. And for anyone else, great reads there if you want an historical take that's not pedantic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join