It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does getting Banned mean forever?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
youve been here 4 years and havent had even 1 post banning!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had 2

Minor T&C violations get you banned a few days, major ones mean you can never post on the site again......... at least until you make a new accout

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Im quite sure im always on the borderline, u know jeckle and hyde, the good and darkside...when was life ever black and white?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How many People actually READ the Terms & Conditions????? = NO ONE.

I was banned in 2012 because I posted info on a personal matter that was AGAINST the terms and conditions.

I did not know that I infringed the t & c's ... simple.

so my best advice to anyone joining/posting IS to read the terms and conditions.. and not just click 'yes' you agree to it.

and the face that jumps out at you when you are banned is damn ugly and scary... avoid that at all costs. lol
(I logged in and a damn ugly scary face jumped out at me cos I did not know I had infringed the t & c's.)

I still talk to my Shrink about the experience. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I wish there was something that could be done about the ones that get banned over and over and over again and come back like a game of Whack-A-Mole. You know who I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Akragon

. . .
Banned members are welcome to petition the staff via the contact us page.

-Tenth

Maybe my profession and degree of attachment disorder leave me an almost fanatic about communication.

However, in terms of even petitioning staff via the contact page . . . it's often been communications to a black hole in terms of mods I've attempted to communicate with.

The 3 AMIGOS ARE BETTER at personally responding to PM's than several staff are to even petitions via the contact page. I don't understand that. Usually the top sets the standard and tone for the lower ranked staff. Yet here, the 3 AMIGOS tend to be very good to excellent at responsiveness while several staff are horrible. I just don't get that. What's WITH that?

edit on 5/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

edit on 5/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: delete unnecessary part of quote

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I've read the T&C 2-3 times or more.

And I earnestly try and abide by them in spirit as well as the letter of the law.

I just don't keep all the important details sufficiently in my noggin at all times, it seems. LOL.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Skyfloating
@OP: The more severe bans can be up to 500 years...but by no means "forever".
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Fortunately, we have staff in sleep pods so that, 500 years from now, the actions of the 500 year banned will be recalled.

we don't like banning members. especially those that have been prolific posters of quality content. we do our best to avoid it but sometimes it simply cannot be avoided. it's often a combination of things that result in a banning - ego, repeated tee and cee infractions etc but, as has been stated, we don't know when a banned member signs up under a new name unless they return to the habits that got them banned.

we will, from time to time, unmask the returned banned member and, if they are no longer doing the things that got them banned, they remain active on the boards. When they return to their "wicked ways" they find that our memory is long.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

youve been here 4 years and havent had even 1 post banning!!!!!!!!!!

nuuu... Ima good kitteh

Im sure I've walked the line a few times, and I've gotten a few infractions here an there, or an off topic post removed...

Never been banned though, or post banned... And I have no intention of it...

I play by my own rules... be considerate... don't be a D***

and when its necessary... simply out wit...

edit on 5-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I posted a thread awhile ago...it was funny one Mod gave me applause and another one banned me to post and apologize which I did as the Mod pointed out what I did wrong. You cannot open a new account!
But our top mods do have class!

Going back to Sandy Hook...I know people that died as I live next door and as I was giving information on here from our local paper as facts came up I was constantly attacked that it was a HOAX.

Well I challenged people to come here and I would show them the graves and talk to first responders....as I was on stand by...many of these first responders are still not working ...I can understand why!

ATS Mods put a halt to certain threads pertaining to the issue of Sandy Hook and I applaud them for that...Cause it did happen and we are still trying to heal!
edit on 5-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
NOBODY READ UNLESS YOU ARE STAFF

Akragon

nuuu... Ima good kitteh

Im sure I've walked the line a few times, and I've gotten a few infractions here an there, or an off topic post removed...

Never been banned though, or post banned... And I have no intention of it...

I play by my own rules... be considerate... don't be a D***

and when its necessary... simply out wit...

ATTENTION ALL STAFF: Please put Akragon's name on my list of members to watch. His gone too long without a ban of any kind. If we don't show him the gulag, at least briefly, he'll think he has this place figured out and we know that cannot happen.

YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES AGAIN

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

this thread just turned into a conspiracy...

*hides in his tree*

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

woogleuk
The question is, if a member has had enough, and asks a staff to terminate their accounts, would it then show them as banned?

We don't do that... Right next to "MyATS" on the ATS toolbar is the "logout" function...

ALL members are free to use that function at ANY time...

edit on 3/5/2014 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Um....
What about Jared Loughner?
Was he banned....and if he tried to come back.
Would he be let back in?

When I signed up. I seem to remember giving my name, age and email address.
Then you create your user name. ( I hate mine ). Don't know why I chose that one.
But anyway..don't mods have access to I.P. addresses with names. Or where the computer is linking into such as a wifi address.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Bigburgh
Um....
What about Jared Loughner?
Was he banned....and if he tried to come back.
Would he be let back in?

Loghner won't be getting near the internet anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Lol I know..but I wanted to see where owners, administrators and mods draw the line.
Because let's face it...there are a few I won't mention names..that just want to troll here.
Though the right for free speech is important here on ATS...
How far do you have to go?

Edit: I wanted to know more about ATS. And looked it up on Wikipedia. That's how I found out about Jared Loughner.
Creepy to think he may have been a regular guy chatting here..and no one knew.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bigburgh

There's only one way to find out, really.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

masqua

Bigburgh

There's only one way to find out, really.

Well let's not try to find out...
But don't IP addresses come up for you...
Or do you go by account name only?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

It's what one posts that gets them into hot water (post bans)

It's what one posts after a post ban and a talk that can deliver one out of the hot water and into the fire (full on bans).

Then, it's up to that particular person to decide whether they wish to make a new account and either 'stay under the radar' by changing bad habits or keep up with T&C infractions that got them banned.

After a while, staff get a little tired of dealing with the same disruptive person all the time get a bit pre-emptive on them. You might have met one or two of them over your time here.

IP addys are a little 'last century'

*waves at window aliens*
edit on 5/3/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Yes. Wait. No.

Damnit, I always get mixed up on which we're supposed to answer that question with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join