It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my IPad 1 emitting harmful radiation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Is the iPad plugged in to a power source when this happens? Is the power cable a non-apple cable?

I had this issue with an iPhone 5 that I plugged into my girlfriend's knock-off charging cable. If it was plugged in I got a kind of vibration when I touched the case. Plug it in with my apple brand cable, and no sensation. Completely repeatable every time.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I get the same weird feelings from my laptops when they're actually in my lap, Go, and for a long time thought it was the heat. But then I am hypersensitive to EM stuff and always have been.

Skyfloating

SLAYER69

People dialing or taking calls with their crotch these days?

I really must be getting old

It`s not that they're phoning there, but there is a popular trend to take selfies of those areas.

What?! The crotches take photos of themselves?

(Actually, isn't the warning is for people who carry them in their from jeans pockets?)

Having recently lost two close friends who were constantly on their cells to glioblastomas originating on the side of their heads they held the phone to, I've begun reconsidering this connection, which many claim has no merit.
edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

CthulhuMythos
This is why I have been trying so hard to find a tablet that is ethernet capable, as my main place for catching up on ATS is cuddled up in bed. I have not yet managed to find a reputable tablet that I can operate by connecting it to the router and so no wifi. Not all Android tablets have the correct chipset to allow non wifi operation. If anyone can recommend a 7 to 10 inch tablet that is ethernet capable I would be very greatful.

Yeah, a laptop.

Why would you want a tablet that you cannot use mobile? it defeats the entire purpose. Get a PC.

Somniferum concoctions...

edit on 5-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I am not sure if this will make you feel better or worse....

How to reduce exposure?

That also doesn't mean that there is no radiation being emitted either.

Radio leakage does NOT in any way, shape, form, or fashion = radioactive. Period. The end.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

violet
I'm on an iPad right now. I wasn't aware it was emitting radiation.

The light that illuminates the screen? That's EM radiation too, and with a LOT higher energy level than the wi-fi or bluetooth.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

35Foxtrot
Is the iPad plugged in to a power source when this happens? Is the power cable a non-apple cable?

I had this issue with an iPhone 5 that I plugged into my girlfriend's knock-off charging cable. If it was plugged in I got a kind of vibration when I touched the case. Plug it in with my apple brand cable, and no sensation. Completely repeatable every time.

That's a leak in the charger. If you have a path from the AC side to the output, you will get a sort of weird tingling when you touch it, especially if you are grounded.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Everything has radiation, mate. Even a 100% natural environment, in the middle of a tropical forest, will emit a considerable amount of radiation.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by LadySkadi

WTH?

LOL

They call that sexting nowadays I think

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

No you don't understand. I like to cosy in on my side and read stuff on the web in bed, instead of say a book. A laptop is not only too large but also would have a keyboard sticking in my face whilst I try to get the screen close enough to my nose in order to see what I am reading since my contact lenses are cuddled up for the night in their case. Now, as I am not going to be particularly mobile whilst interacting with my tablet device, being tethered via a long ethernet cable to the router is not an issue. What is an issue is the possibility of wifi radiation frying my brain and everyone else in the house as we are being constantly bathed in it for hour upon hour. Now, instead of questioning my reasons for defying the original intent of the tablet designers, who obviously had not considered the full extent of possible usage scenarios of their invention, do you know of any ethernet capable tablets that would fulfill this unconsidered functionality?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Bedlam

35Foxtrot

That's a leak in the charger. If you have a path from the AC side to the output, you will get a sort of weird tingling when you touch it, especially if you are grounded.

Yeah. It was kinda enjoyable for a while but got annoying after 10 minutes or so...

Gave my girl ideas though... They really do have some weird and dangerous seeming stuff at the sex shop.....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by LadySkadi

WTH?

LOL

it's the new business....you didn't know?

come on now, you've got to get with it...

as to the OP....dude, you go to work, you make money, it's not your wife's place to allow or disallow you to spend your money on something for yourself....unless, of course it would be detrimental to efforts to keep the bills paid, but then common sense would dictate that it's not a smart purchase.

if you have the extra scratch, go buy a new tablet...or get a netbook..they're cheap enough. i have one by acer, and it's excellent...there are options.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

dude, you go to work, you make money, it's not your wife's place to allow or disallow you to spend your money on something for yourself....

Tell me about it. She sure thinks it is though.

joking. excess income goes to lift tickets, good food, wine and beer

<< 1   >>

join