It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my IPad 1 emitting harmful radiation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So one of my favorite things to do is to come home from work and unwind with a few beers and some ATS.

My primary ATS hub is this original IPad that I have right here.

Lately I've been super paranoid that I've been just soaking up radiation. My reasoning for this is because this thing makes my hands feel all weird. It gets to the point where I can't stand it anymore! But I'm so addicted to ATS that I find a place to set it down, where I can continue to browse with minimal IPad contact....

If I set it on my lap it feels weird too, and I stop that real quick....

My question to the ATS community;

Is this psychosomatic, I'm manifesting this?

OR.....is this tablet radioactive?

edit on 4-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am not sure if this will make you feel better or worse....

How to reduce exposure?

I do not own an Ipad and have never really looked into it, so I am not sure if you should be "feeling" anything. Likely, I would say that you just "think" you are feeling it because it is a concern you have.

That also doesn't mean that there is no radiation being emitted either.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Not radioactive but it is emitting microwave radiation. Wi Fi and cell phones can be troublesome for those who are sensitive to EM. Try going offline for a few hours when you first come home to confirm that you are sensitive to it, then get a notebook and use a physical ethernet connection instead (RJ-45).

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Apparently the front emits electromagnetic waves specifically designed to influence neuronal activity by inducing electrochemical reactions along the optic nerves!

Have you tried a tinfoil hat (with a protective visor)?

That might work.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

chr0naut

Apparently the front emits electromagnetic waves specifically designed to influence neuronal activity by inducing electrochemical reactions along the optic nerves!

Have you tried a tinfoil hat (with a protective visor)?

That might work.

Ya I got one,

Just can't figure how to adjust it properly...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just don't use it near your head... or your reproductive organs... Cell phones either

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

greencmp

Not radioactive but it is emitting microwave radiation. Wi Fi and cell phones can be troublesome for those who are sensitive to EM. Try going offline for a few hours when you first come home to confirm that you are sensitive to it, then get a notebook and use a physical ethernet connection instead (RJ-45).

So I'm apparently just senstive to EM.

I must be because this definitely makes my hands feel funny. It's majorly irritating, sort of a numb feeling, like you have too much dirt on your hands.

Unfortunately I can't upgrade to anything, my wife would never allow such a thing...

I've got my prepaid iPad and computers at work and that's fine.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

WTH?

LOL
People dialing or taking calls with their crotch these days?

I really must be getting old

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
One way to test might be to have two; one powered and one not and let a helpful friend blindfold you. Have him/her hand you them to you, one at a time in random orders and see if you can reliably tell which one is powered just by the feeling you get. If it's real you should be able to tell without the visual input.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

SLAYER69

WTH?

LOL

Nice. Honored to see you stop by.....

As a lurker I have enjoyed quite a few of your threads.

Most recently this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is why I have been trying so hard to find a tablet that is ethernet capable, as my main place for catching up on ATS is cuddled up in bed. I have not yet managed to find a reputable tablet that I can operate by connecting it to the router and so no wifi. Not all Android tablets have the correct chipset to allow non wifi operation. If anyone can recommend a 7 to 10 inch tablet that is ethernet capable I would be very greatful.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I do not own an Ipad and have never really looked into it, so I am not sure if you should be "feeling" anything. Likely, I would say that you just "think" you are feeling it because it is a concern you have. That also doesn't mean that there is no radiation being emitted either.

Nope that's not helpful at all, just furthers my paranoia. Thanks....

Just joking I truly do appreciate your reply. I do have a borderline hypochondriac thing going on so it's possible that I'm creating this.

But I'm also extremely familiar and comfortable with these tendencies of mine, with my experience I feel I can easily differentiate between true physical feelings, and those that are being manifested through anxiety.

..........but as far as this iPad thing, I still don't know...nobody else mentions it so maybe Im just crazy
edit on 5-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm on an iPad right now. I wasn't aware it was emitting radiation. Didn't think to think about it.

I don't feel any strange sensations.
Didnt think about airplane mode for when I'm not on the Internet. I will at least do that now.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Blaine91555
One way to test might be to have two; one powered and one not and let a helpful friend blindfold you. Have him/her hand you them to you, one at a time in random orders and see if you can reliably tell which one is powered just by the feeling you get. If it's real you should be able to tell without the visual input.

that's pretty smart, I really should do that.

Thank you. It'll take a bit because I don't really know anybody else with an iPad (let alone the same model I have)

I suppose I could have my wife turn the tablet on and off while I'm blindfolded, and hand it to me several times, record the results.....

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

..........but as far as this iPad thing, I still don't know...nobody else mentions it so maybe Im just crazy

violet
I'm on an iPad right now. I wasn't aware it was emitting radiation. Didn't think to think about it.

I don't feel any strange sensations.

...see
edit on 5-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Editing

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Could be some problem with the spinal column in your neck, I have a similar problem with weird sensations (prickling in the fingers, numbness in other regions of my arm) - caused by a herniated disc in my necks spinal column (C6-C7).

Has nothing to do with emanations, as it doesn't matter if I hold an ipad or a book or a rock or another weight in my hand.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

SLAYER69

WTH?

LOL

You've heard of butt dialing right , now that is even dangerous lol , and yeah the new way to use your I pad is to use your junk to navigate the touch screen Hahahaha

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
perhaps you are suffering some sort of carpel tunnel, or arthritis type problem with your hands, from the position they are constantly in while using it. i know doing rustproofing my hands would get really sore and cramp in short order, but even tho i used other similar sized/shaped/weighted objects, nothing else seemed to bother my hands. and in honesty it's not like i did all that many on a daily bases anyway, yet within a couple minutes (even if wrapping it in rags, and wearing gloves for that mater) my hands would start to cramp up and hurt.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Not all radiation is harmful.
Officially, the radiation emitted by Ipads/Devices/wi-fi is "none ionising" (like radio waves) meaning it shouldn't cause cellular damage in even long term exposures.

However, scientists don't fully understand how biology uses quantum interactions as a basic mechanism of action so to say "artificial energy emissions" are totally safe is only partially correct.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

SLAYER69

It`s not that they're phoning there, but there is a popular trend to take selfies of those areas.

<<   2 >>

join