It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kidnappers Steal Baby From Mother�s Womb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sol Angela Cartagena arrived at a hospital in Gradot in Cundinamarca province, with her two-year-old daughter for a normal pregnancy test, she drank a class of water and had fallen asleep. She woke up later lying on a hill with her daughter by her side minus the child she had been carrying for eight months. Apparently she was given a caesarean.
Physicians confirmed Cartagena�s story.

www.smh.com.au
A woman who was eight months pregnant had the baby snatched from her womb after kidnappers drugged her and performed a rudimentary caesarean section, the woman told Colombian television today.Sol Angela Cartagena told RCN television she was drugged at a hospital in Girardot in Cundinamarca province and carried by a woman to a remote place on a hillside where the caesarean was performed and her infant abducted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would think this woman would be absolutely beside her self, being a man I don�t even fathom being pregnant but to have you child stolen from inside of you I don�t know how to describe how she might feel, I'm at a lose for words.

[edit on 23/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Waaaaa...? This happened in Australia? Weren't there witnesses at the hospital she was at? I don't get it at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It happened in Colombia. It is an amazing story, especially if she was abducted from a hospital. It sounds like some hospital staff had to be involved. I would also think that a eight month fetus would require considerable medical intervention to survive. The whole thing sounds too bizarre.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This brought back memories of a Local story that I'd have preferred to forget. I found a link to it at archives.cnn.com...
I only printed the first part of the article.

RAVENNA, Ohio (CNN) -- A week-old baby boy who was cut from the womb of his slain mother was released from a hospital Thursday, carried by his father. Michelle Bica, a neighbor who was caring for the child as her own and is suspected in the gruesome crime, committed suicide earlier this week.

The "alleged" killer and the victim lived a block or two apart. Theresa Andrews, the victim was found in a shallow grave in the Bica garage.
It was a gruesome crime that shook up the whole county. Bica supposedly had her husband, "a county corrections officer" convinced that she had given birth.
As bad as it was, the Columbian lady is fortunate to be alive.

top topics

join