It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Question for ALL atheists...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Your first sentence on the former post seemed to imply otherwise, however its very hard to convey simple terms over text so, thanks for the answer.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Agreed.... my ex was never any good at reading text messages...hence "ex"

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And thats your opinion of my opinion.
I said in all honesty and belief in my words that I am not advocating the suppressing freedom of speech, and you say I am, so where do we go from here?
Your deconstruction was a little nit picky, but it tells me much about you.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

You are not convinced that there is a practical point to the debate of a deity. That's what I understood from your post. But the thread was posted, and so we are responding. Should the question be asked? Of course it should. Should it be answered? I don't see the harm in trying. Maybe there is an answer and we just haven't asked the right question.

edit on 18-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

If you do not mean what you say then maybe you should be a little more careful.

You said "Those who do not believe in any God should just keep quiet and get on with it". If you expected to not get called out on that then you had unrealistic expectations.

Telling someone or a whole group to keep quiet and get on with it is nothing but an attempt to suppress.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Did I tell the group to shut up and get on with it (nice way of turning the group against me...it was your interpretation after all)? Or maybe the point I am getting across is what is the point in arguing over nothing?
Rather than asking me to explain myself (which one would expect from an intelligent perspective) you jumped to the defensive and tried to undermine me.
Topics like politics and religion will always cause conflict, rise above that and pursue knowledge.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Everything you said I agree with!!!

But for arguments sake...

I don't care what anyone believes however when they try to claim their belief is evidence based then I will call it out for what it is. Same goes for when they use their belief to influence the world we share I will point out how their belief has no basis in reality nor should it give credence to the changes they are pushing on all of us.

Let's say you have a fascinating Dream...
You were at a FunFair..
You had Candy Floss...
You rode the Bumper Cars...
You had a great time...
You finished the day on a Roller Coaster!!!

Now let's say you try to tell me this happened & I ask for evidence!!!
Well you can't!!!
But until your Dying day you are adamant this happened & know that it happened!!!

Experience sometimes cannot be proven with Physical evidence!!!

We know what we have experienced!!!
But to prove it would be impossible (so far as we know)!!!

Peace Grimpachi!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Naturally questions should be asked, it would be stupid not to.
If there is an existence of a deity would that solve problems or create more?
The point I wanted to get across (eventually) was that with the evidence presented, its just not worth falling out over... is it important enough to create divisions?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

Now let's say you try to tell me this happened & I ask for evidence!!!
Well you can't!!!

You are right. If anyone believed me they would have to take it on faith that what I said is true.

I have no problem when someone says they believe in deities because they have faith. Faith is a firm belief in something for which there is no proof. I only have a problem with those who try to influence the world for which I live in based off of their faith and those who claim those things for which they believe based off of faith are actually evidence based.

When there is evidence for something there is no need for faith but many people don't seem to understand that.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Unlike Christians/ Muslims/ etc, Atheist do not feel a need to convince anyone of anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

ArcAngel
reply to post by BenReclused

Unlike Christians/ Muslims/ etc, Atheist do not feel a need to convince anyone of anything.

Although anyone who asks me to, personally, is more than welcome to subject themselves to the horrors lurking within my vault of critical analysis, in the section "Theological Examination and Processing". Just don't cry if something bites.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you whole-heartedly pal!
Nobody should push their beliefs... It's probably the biggest turn off & the way to convince people otherwise if anything!

I said in my 1st post & I'll say it again, if something is to be proved... It's by those who believe, even myself!!!
There is no burden on Atheists at all IMO!
Morally because it's not their claim...
Logically because the only proof Atheists could ever bring to such a debate is that there is no proof to bring to the debate!!!

Peace Grimpachi!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

zeevar
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Naturally questions should be asked, it would be stupid not to.
If there is an existence of a deity would that solve problems or create more?
The point I wanted to get across (eventually) was that with the evidence presented, its just not worth falling out over... is it important enough to create divisions?

There will always be division, for division breeds progress. Where there is division, there is need for change and those willing to create it. And the existence of a deity is precisely as practical as those who utilize it, which is what gives me reason for concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join