It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Question for ALL atheists...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

To be honest. I have never tried to disprove it. I have nothing against religion or anyone of any faith. I have never felt the need to disprove something that others obviously make work for them or comes naturally for them. I am just content with where I stand on what I accept and do not accept in my own personal life. I have never felt inferior or superior to anyone because of what they or I believe in or the lack there of.

If some how there was some evidence that what I know to be true to me was not true in the end then I guess I would have to observe the evidence like most people do. I am far from close minded. But I am not easily duped either.

Personally, I believe that science and religion will merge and find that evidence of an intelligent creator if ever it is found to be true. The possibilities are limitless.

I am an atheist and not agnostic but I am also not a militant or zealot atheist either. All these labels divide us. I tend to embrace my fellow human beings whether they are Christians, Muslims or any number of religions. As long as they are good to me and to others in life I say do what works for you if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

There are those who are atheist and religious who have a tendency to shove there views and beliefs down other peoples' throats of course and to me that is doing harm to others.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Once again .. you deflected and failed to address the questions. And I"m not the one tossing insults. YOU are. Once again .. I"m not your 'buddy'. Ma'am would be more appropriate coming from you. Answer the questions or be forever labeled a troll.

1 - Why do you think that all atheists are on a quest to prove that God does not exist?
2 - Why do you think that all atheists are trying to convince others that God doesn't exist?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Kindly name EVERYTHING your five senses conveyed to you right before you were conceived!?!
If the answer is complicated... Then you may want to ask the non believers as they know.

Good does not mettle in human affairs because he does not want to dictate who gets born.
Each born however does create a world of comfort for God because of their achievement s and faith.

Those who don't believe in God are huge disappointments!

Wordplay: "God-Dis-Appointed = God-Dess-Appointed!"
Which one you ask.... EVE.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

BenReclused
IF INDEED, YOU DO SUCCEED, in your quest to prove that GOD DOES NOT EXIST, how do you plan to convince, the unconvinced, that YOU REALLY WERE LOOKING IN THE RIGHT PLACE??? Or, have you thought that far ahead? What if you fail to convince them, WHAT THEN... ???

Why is that even an issue? I am told repeatedly that God is "omnipresent," therefore wherever I look, I should find him. There isn't a place He is not, therefore it is impossible to "look in the wrong place." Unless, of course, you believe in some sort of diminished god that can't seem to be everywhere at once, which also calls out the idea of Him being omnipotent.

In terms of "convincing the unconvinced" that was never on the table, never part of the plan. Why you would think there was is the mystery here. No one is going to convince a brainwashed person that he is delusional--that's part of the definition. He'll believe crap no matter what. I seriously don't think it's worth the time and effort to really try. Let 'em wallow in it.

Long as my daughter doesn't marry one, we're cool.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think His creation and faith and the faithful are suppose to be His proof. The Faithful are failing fulfilling that, not the non-believers and not God. Why would non-believers have to prove His existence or not? They don't care. Like it or not, the burden of proof is on the believers.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I've not read them all, yet, but, it DOES seem, that you're one of the very few, that's, actually been addressing the contents of my posts, and not so much, preconceived notions of my, well, "lack of character". Because of that, I feel that your posts are more worthy of my priority, than MOST of the others. Therefore, those will be my first area of concern.

Stating that you feel it is a possibility is a belief though.

I didn't state such, but your overall interpretation is correct.

As a matter of fact, I feel that ALL THINGS are possible, unless that "possibility" can be objectively "ruled out". To me, God is only one those "possible things", that hasn't, yet, been "ruled out".

Here's another example:
I do, indeed, believe in the possibility, and even the probability, of extraterrestrial life. However, I won't believe that "IT" exists, until I "SEE" that "IT" exists.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

I think His creation and faith and the faithful are suppose to be His proof.

I think His creation and faith and the faithful are suppose to be His proof. The Faithful are failing fulfilling that, not the non-believers and not God.

If God told me to, I might believe that... But, He hasn't, so I don't.

Why would non-believers have to prove His existence or not?

There can, only be, one reason:
They want to destroy the hopes, of those who might believe.

What other reason, could there possibly be?

Like it or not, the burden of proof is on the believers.

Believers don't owe "non believers" diddly squat. And, that's what I've been attempting to tell the "naysayers". Unfortunately, ATS doesn't seem to like that very much...

Many of my fellow, "ATS nonbelievers", seem to feel that your beliefs, are theirs to ruin. That seems a bit asinine to me, but, it is, what it is...

You should think about that...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The prophets of old were disciples and instructors of God, then Jesus came and trained disciples to go out "two by two". I think that says the burden of proof and the responsibility to spread that truth is the believers task. If God speaks to you personally, lucky you.

I always liked this Psalm:

"The heavens declare the Glory of God, and the Firmament shows his handiwork."

I am not an atheist, but I don't blame people for losing faith in religion. The false teachers that have come along the past 30 years have brought Christianity down to base beliefs in money.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't need to prove the non-existence of the one "god". You have to prove he does exist in order to convince me. And as you cannot, you try and make me disprove his existence.
Just read Genesis and you will find that your god was one of many extra terrestrials who come to earth and mated with the local population to create the species Homo Sapiens.
Homo Sapiens then decided that these extra terrestrials were "gods"' which eventually turned into the single "God", "Allah" or "Yehova" of the Christian, Muslim and Jewish religions.

Christmas, now purportedly the celebration of Jesus' s birth was a much older festival to celebrate mid winter.
Easter was not the death of Jesus, it was a much older festival to celebrate the coming of the warm weather, a celebration of renewal of life in all it's forms.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Many of my fellow, "ATS nonbelievers", seem to feel that your beliefs, are theirs to ruin.

This is a forum for discussion. Fairly sure said member can ignore unwanted posts from the non-believers [just as you do] if they don't wish to partake in discussion. They could even ignore the thread all together. So I don't see the 'force'. If their beliefs are 'ruined' as a result of discussion then maybe that's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Not really. Op announced this was a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS. Basically atheists are saying, no it isn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

This is a forum for discussion.

Well, I thought it was. But, you don't seem to understand what a discussion is. All that you seem capable of offering is, snide remarks, personal attacks, and, of course, your personal favorite, RIDICULE. As I've said, it is, what it is...

Not once, have you addressed the question of the OP.

If you felt that the OP should have been ignored, You were, more than, welcome to do so...

Fairly sure said member can ignore unwanted posts from the non-believers [just as you do] if they don't wish to partake in discussion. They could even ignore the thread all together. So I don't see the 'force'. If their beliefs are 'ruined' as a result of discussion then maybe that's a good thing.

That's only an asinine excuse for poor behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself... But, I know you're not...

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 960America/Chicago3RAmerica/Chicago2014-03-09T17:02:35-05:00Sunday00000035America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Not really. Op announced this was a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS. Basically atheists are saying, no it isn't.

Well, considering the responses of yourself, and many others, it seems that it must have been important enough to publicly ignore, and to publicly denounce. Go figure...

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 975America/Chicago3RAmerica/Chicago2014-03-09T17:24:59-05:00Sundayu59America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

you don't seem to understand what a discussion is. All that you seem capable of offering is, snide remarks, personal attacks…

The irony. It's killing me
I'm truly not sure if you're serious. It's just shocking if you are.

Yes you say that about me in every thread, and in every thread I address your OP. In fact I did so in the very first post I offered in this thread. I directly addressed it.

I thought I'd give discussion another chance in this thread. That was my mistake.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A new question for all participants:
Because the first question was so difficult to understand, that many could only complain about it. Here is a new question (That, most hopefully, will be perceived as "ism" neutral.)...

If one doesn't believe that God exists, why would one choose to be concerned about "that" nonexistence?

I'm not. Why might you be?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 018America/Chicago3RAmerica/Chicago2014-03-09T18:26:01-05:00Sundayu01America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

you don't seem to understand what a discussion is. All that you seem capable of offering is, snide remarks, personal attacks…

The irony. It's killing me
I'm truly not sure if you're serious. It's just shocking if you are.

Yes you say that about me in every thread, and in every thread I address your OP. In fact I did so in the very first post I offered in this thread. I directly addressed it.

I thought I'd give discussion another chance in this thread. That was my mistake.

Thanks for proving my point... And, of course, for your kind consideration...

Would you like to address the new question?

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sure. I'll address it.

So let me get this straight. You make 3 threads asking people about their thoughts on the matter. Then when they share those thoughts you basically say "why are you talking about this so much??" Heh…

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Because the people who do believe in their clubs version of God try to put their version of it into Government, into schools and in the general public, where it should be kept in homes and places of worship.
Many of those clubs If given enough power (history proves this) would block scientific research to only show there way is the right way, they would wage war over others because they are in the wrong club and frankly many people will fight against these people because we want humanity to move forwards not backwards.
Heck and I even believe in God.
edit on 9-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Religion is a matter that is influential in almost every aspect of our societies. Why would anyone stay quiet when something irrational has so much influence?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. You make 3 threads asking people about their thoughts on the matter. Then when they share those thoughts you basically say "why are you talking about this so much??" Heh…

I'm sorry sir, but that does not compute. Would you care to try again?

See ya buddy,
Milt

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join