It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Los Alamos tunnels

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My uncle was employed at Los Alamos for about eight years. He worked on various projects one of them, and the only he can talk about openly, is he helped perfect smart bomb guidance systems back in the day. He only worked on that for a year and for the rest of his time he cannot say what he did. The only other thing he said he could tell me with out getting in trouble by law is that there are tunnels. He said there are so many tunnels leading to so many places it astonishes him. I want to find out more but he is keeping his mouth shut. And for his retirement (keeping his mouth shut) they gave him a large sum of money and a couple acres of land in colorado.




posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When ever the day comes that he passes, be sure to ask him before he does...



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Did he elaborate at all? Size, shape, construction, anything? Probably not, but its worth a try.

That's an incredibile resource to have. He probably can't talk about much, but I'm sure he has some great stories.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Could you suggest that he put his info into a safe and have it stated that once he has passed that you would recieve this info (in his will )(only you) I would continue to ask him, take out have some beers and who knows at a weak moment he might open up.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Awesome ... you should get him to write the stories of these tunnells down ... would make for some great family memories .. you could pass them down or something .. not to mention how awesome it would be to read all he knows


*Zerinity*



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JTMarlin
My uncle was employed at Los Alamos for about eight years. He worked on various projects one of them, and the only he can talk about openly, is he helped perfect smart bomb guidance systems back in the day. He only worked on that for a year and for the rest of his time he cannot say what he did. The only other thing he said he could tell me with out getting in trouble by law is that there are tunnels. He said there are so many tunnels leading to so many places it astonishes him. I want to find out more but he is keeping his mouth shut. And for his retirement (keeping his mouth shut) they gave him a large sum of money and a couple acres of land in colorado.


Honestly I think we need to call in a bulldozer on this one it is getting pretty sticky on the floors from all the BS.

Large sum of Money couple of acres of land in colorado after retiring? I would like to see some proof believe that garbage.



posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by JTMarlin
My uncle was employed at Los Alamos for about eight years. He worked on various projects one of them, and the only he can talk about openly, is he helped perfect smart bomb guidance systems back in the day. He only worked on that for a year and for the rest of his time he cannot say what he did. The only other thing he said he could tell me with out getting in trouble by law is that there are tunnels. He said there are so many tunnels leading to so many places it astonishes him. I want to find out more but he is keeping his mouth shut. And for his retirement (keeping his mouth shut) they gave him a large sum of money and a couple acres of land in colorado.


Honestly I think we need to call in a bulldozer on this one it is getting pretty sticky on the floors from all the BS.

Large sum of Money couple of acres of land in colorado after retiring? I would like to see some proof believe that garbage.


You know its up to you to decide to trust me or not, I could care less. You could ask anyone that retired from Los Alamos and all of them get really really big pension plans when they leave. I am suspecting that he got the money and land as a way to keep him quite. But all of you that go on this web site say you beleive in these bases and tunnels. on what proof? some guy that did an interview with some no name reporter that you can tell there are flaws in the report and you base your beliefs on that! But when I talk to my uncle that worked for Los Alamos, which I can bet not many of you have ever talked to anyone that has worked there, and he tells me some of the only things he can legally talk about is that there are alot of tunnels down there, that is pretty convincing. I also have tried talking to him about Aliens and Area51 and he isnt intrested in that stuff. Plus I dont think he would sacrafice his whole life just to tell me some facts, I mean he has worked hard in life to get where he is and now I dont think he is going to through it all away. Ill keep on asking him about the things that went on down there and I dont think I will ever find out not, maybe I will the day he passes away.



posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   


Originally posted by JT Martin: You know its up to you to decide to trust me or not, I could care less. You could ask anyone that retired from Los Alamos and all of them get really really big pension plans when they leave. I am suspecting that he got the money and land as a way to keep him quite. But all of you that go on this web site say you beleive in these bases and tunnels. on what proof? some guy that did an interview with some no name reporter that you can tell there are flaws in the report and you base your beliefs on that! But when I talk to my uncle that worked for Los Alamos, which I can bet not many of you have ever talked to anyone that has worked there, and he tells me some of the only things he can legally talk about is that there are alot of tunnels down there, that is pretty convincing. I also have tried talking to him about Aliens and Area51 and he isnt intrested in that stuff. Plus I dont think he would sacrafice his whole life just to tell me some facts, I mean he has worked hard in life to get where he is and now I dont think he is going to through it all away. Ill keep on asking him about the things that went on down there and I dont think I will ever find out not, maybe I will the day he passes away.



I have no doubt that you think what your uncle has told you is true. I am not saying you are lying.

It is obvious you do not know where the real big hole in his story is, so here it is.

There is no need for the government to pay anyone that ever worked on those facilities one cent let alone give them extra land.

Ya know why?

I will tell you why, because by law anyone with those kind of clearances can be jailed for saying one thing about anything that is marked classified.

It is as simple as that. Why on earth would they pay you when the law says you cannot do so?

Here you can start by reading this Standard Form312

www.dtic.mil...

When you are done with that here is one of the manuals covering the subject. There are more then one and could not rember the numbers of all of them or they have changed.

www.ocio.usda.gov...

Do not know about the Army or Navy, Marines but the USAF regulation covering classified material handling etc is AF 205-1 -2 on up


As you can see your story just went up in



[edit on 12/12/2004 by shots]

[edit on 12/12/2004 by shots]



posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You know what maybe im wrong in the part of him getting land and money as a way to keep his mouth shut. But you know when you retire from a company you get money it is usually called a pension and 401K plans. So maybe he just got alot of money for retiring and he bought a piece of land with it. I have not personally asked him how he obtained the land, now I will, but my mother told me it was a gift from the government so maybe she is wrong. I mean it wouldnt be out of the ordinary for a company to give an employee that has been dedicated to them for a long time a reward. My dad worked for a corporate company for 25 years and retired and as a reward for his hardwork and dedication they bought us this house im living in, and the car he is driving. But good point on bringing that up. Even though there isnt really a hole in my story, I have already brought up that he can be punished by law for things he has shouldnt be stating. So you are just repeating and showing proof that he would be punished for telling me other information.


Also quick survey how many people have spoke face-to-face with someone that has worked at a top secret Government facility that is acknowledged or not acknowledged by the Government to this day?



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
shots, I just wanted to correct you on one thing. You stated the air force reg covering classified material is AF 205-1 -2 . It is actually AFI 205-1 -2. AFI stand for Air Force Instruction. Before every air force reg there is those three letters AFI.



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
shots, I just wanted to correct you on one thing. You stated the air force reg covering classified material is AF 205-1 -2 . It is actually AFI 205-1 -2. AFI stand for Air Force Instruction. Before every air force reg there is those three letters AFI.


I see I did type it that way when I meant to type AFR 205-1 etc either is accepted was accepted in my day. I have been out for over 40 years so they could well call them AFI now.



posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Shots, yes they are called AFI now. I didn't mean any disrespect in my last post. Thank You for serving, people like you are what gave me the opportunity to serve today.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't really think that many people at the Los Alamos lab really know or care about the tunnels. They are only important to some people in certain departments.
I myself live in Los Alamos and have lived there all of my life, and know for a fact that these tunnels do exist. They are leftover from World War 2, in case the Germans bombed the site.
I know several people who have gotten the guts to go into these tunnels, and there is a fairly vast network of them. They are not really important to the secrets of the lab anymore, they were simply for protection.
The tunnels are now locked up. There are certain people who were here in world war 2 who still have the keys to the tunnels. The chances of exploring the tunnels are very slim. They are most likely illegal to visit.
There are most likely not underground bases underground, or there would be security guards guarding the entrances, and seeing as I know people who have been in the tunnels, they are probably not important.



posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There are tunnels, I live in Los Alamos and I have tons of friends who've been in them and partied in them



posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I attend the Los Alamos High School, where there are several entrances to these tunnels. Some of them are not locked, and are fairly easy to gain access to. There are people who routinely go into these tunnels to do who knows what. I have even heard that someone attempted to map the entirety of the tunnels. I don't know how this ended.



posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
True. There are tunnels. I'm not sure about all over town, but there are some. My dad doesn't know anything about any tunnels, but he said there was a classified nuke museum down Omega road. You aren't aloud in unless you work at the lab.



posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have worked at Los Alamos for about 20 years now. Yes, there are tunnels, but as has already been stated, they were developed for protection during Project Y of the Manhattan Project. Lots of teenagers to into the tunnels to party.

As with most places, there are rumors of other tunnels, some that lead to secret projects, like working on simulating submarine stuff. There are rumors that some tunnels even lead to the secret base in Dulce.


It's true that when UC ran the Lab, pensions were really good. Now, the pensions are not so good.

The Lab would not give out $$ or land to keep someone quiet--it does not work that way. Secrecy is a way of life--Los Alamos is a company town, and the people here are unique in many ways. I found this part of the original post as dubious.



posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Think it through. You spend your entire life doing work requiring a security clearance. You get to the end of your life, the last day, and all of a sudden you spill everything?

Or... you got the clearance because you have integrity. You take that integrity to the grave intact.



posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Eurotunnel in the UK, which connects England to France via a tunnel that runs under the sea; took 99 months to complete. Just over 8 years.


The EuroTunnel length is about 50 Km of which 38 Km are below the water and that there are 3 tunnels, 2 main tunnels for trains and 1 for emergency access.


Assuming that those 3 tunnels took 8 years, if we stretch it out; combining all tunnels into one long one, we'd have a distance of 150km.

So in 8 years they were able to drill 150km of tunnels.

Let's take a real example of a military tunnel in the US and guess its length.


The Skull Mountain tunnel project that began in 1982 (SOURCE)

If they started in 1982 and if we use the construction time for the EuroTunnel, 8 years for 150km; then by 1990 the Skull Mountain tunnel was 150km, by 1998 it was 300km and by 2006 it was 600km.

Apparently there were military tunnel projects all over the US in the last few decades, so one has to wonder what they are doing with the tunnels and whats down there?




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join