It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the point, people just dont get it..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Very well stated!

I can't add much more to that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Right, they don't.
So now what?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Don't give up!

Never give up. This is far too important to give up on. Remember how you started out.. it takes a series of steps.. time.. and be given the right keys to open the right doors.

People are waking up..

I've released my fear of what will people think of me and started posting useful videos and information on Facebook.. and I've woken several people up.. and I'm not stopping there!

Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Now, I dont mean to sound like a d1ck but I'll end up doing so

You complain about people being zombies and basically are slating their intellect. But at the same time, if they only talk to you about trivial things maybe its because they don't want to talk to you about other subjects. This doesn't mean that they only talk about X; when they are with other people they might go into current topics or even more adventurous ones.

I myself have a small pool of "common/small talk" to people I dont like or really do not have time for, they believe I am a simpleton who has nothing interesting to contribute but put me with friends or even new people and I'll natter on about random subjects, if they dont want to talk about anything new and want to talk about their lives then fine. Listen to them.

Its a bit self centered to think that everyone should be into the topics that you want to talk about, let them be happy. Find new friends and broaden your knowledge.

If people want to talk about dancing on ice or x-factor let them, people on here seem to be forgetting that some people genuinely enjoy that cr*p. I know the response to that statement will be along the lines of "brainwashing the sheep", but for a second just picture that the only brainwashing going on is "buy our product" during the ad's. No big Government trying to keep you inline just a TV show for entertainment.

Dont like it? Dont watch it!

Dont like the people who watch it? Dont talk to them!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The power of belief, people want to believe in something. Going about a mundane existence is the easiest path. They believe what the MSM and other doctrine because its there.

I tend to search out like minded individuals and form communities with them. We tend to want to make our own beliefs instead of one spoon fed to us.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I keep realizing lately what a waste of energy it is to try and get through to people and to get them to wake up out of their sleep.

Some people are more receptive to new ideas than others. The ones that engage in conversation with you on such topics generally are thinking individuals, or so I find anyways. The ones that have no idea what you're talking about if you mention something you maybe read on ATS are usually the people who only know to chit chat about the weather anyways.

I'll use 9/11 for an example. Maybe you're talking with somebody who believes the official story. Maybe you bring up some points like building 7, or insider trading, or something else that they had never heard of from the pretty people on TV that usually tell them what to think to question said events. Have you ever been discussing something like this with someone and all of a sudden they get a scared look on their face?

All of a sudden they realize that maybe they were sold a pretty big lie. Maybe there are other things they are being lied to about. They would have to accept that the government made this happen and obviously has no problem killing its own citizens to further its agenda of lies and wars. And thats scary. Nobody wants to worry about that too, there is already so much to worry about in this world with food prices going up, dollar purchasing power going down, jobs getting less and less, cops getting more and more crazy, bills to pay, mouths to feed, rich just getting richer and the poor just trying to get by....and god forbid you get sick with anything other than a cold in this country.

Its really hard to go through the day to day task of the mundain aspects of life like work and buying food when everyone around you is in this illusionairy world of material and flesh.

The thing is though, this material world is all there is in most peoples minds. People are obsessed with things in this country. He who dies with the most toys wins. Realizing that you are more than just a body and a job is not something very prevalent these days. I think its one of the reasons that death is such a taboo subject in the US. Its also one of the reasons old people used to be respected and honored, now many of them are thrown in nursing homes and left to die there. This life is all there is because its all you can see right? I can't see God, or the universe, but I can see those dollars and all those things they can buy.

Empathy between people is getting to be less and less. It seems the rise of social media has just given people the illusion that we are all really interconnected with people and we have alot of friends on our friends list. However, when you quit talking face to face with someone, you lose that empathy. I know several people that have had break ups with their significant others via text message. It blew my mind when I went to pick up my 8 year old nephew from school for my sister one day and half the kids out there had phones they were texting on.

Its maddening and all, but ultimately all you can think for is yourself. All I can do is think for myself. Truth is relevant to whoever is experiencing it and really and truly, its hard for me to express in words what I really believe about this world and why I am in it at this moment.

I just remember in the AA prayer, that part about "God please grant me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change and the strength to change what I can."

edit on 5-3-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was raised to question authority, others were not. Trying to convince someone to have a more open minded way of seeing the world, would be like someone telling you that you need to have a more closed minded way of thinking.

However, simply because that person does not go "Oh my god, you are so right! I am going to change my views right here and now.", does not mean you haven't got through to them.

I guarantee you that they will ponder on your words, so don't give up the fight.

edit on 5-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

“Do not spread the compost on the weeds.”
William Shakespeare Hamlet

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe it's not that most want to be 'out of what's going on'. Maybe at some deep level they KNOW - but are terrified so they hold to 'ignorance' and keep the blinders on. Out of sight, out of mind, pretend all is fine and it will be fine. Some minds just can't/won't handle what's going on, you know?

I know when I 'woke up' to what's going on, it was both amazing - and got frightening. I remember telling myself and some pals a few times "It's good to know this because forewarned is forearmed - but sometimes I wish I didn't know. Life was easier when I thought the government was FOR the people, we had things being done for our best interest, etc."

When you're in the know, it's terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. It goes against all that is 'safe', even if 'safe' is not that true. The world could be literally ending, blowing up, imploding, and some people will be gazing mindlessly out the window at the destruction going on a few miles from them, growing closer to their own anihillation - and they'll still have the radio music playing, happily asking, "Honey, what do you think of Beyonce's new album?"

Some hide their fear behind plastic smiles to preserve their sanity. To know what's truly going on, it does kind of make one a little insane if you think about it. It's a lot to carry, knowing what's truly going on. And we're only human.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Maybe it's not that most want to be 'out of what's going on'. Maybe at some deep level they KNOW

Absolutely, my husband who is like the still waters never ceases to amaze me, we never have deep conversation about anything, but he will come up with the knowledge of about any subject at times, he is very wise.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Definitely. There is a lot of knowledge out there that is far too much to comprehend or handle. I can't even comprehend/handle some things on here so I choose not to read them. Doesn't mean I'm not awake to what's going on, but I think if I knew every single thing, I'd be in a worse spot than I am now for knowing what I know already. Maybe better prepared, but I think some ignorance is wise to hold.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Definitely. There is a lot of knowledge out there that is far too much to comprehend or handle.

You speak the truth, knowledge can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

onequestion
Whats the point of trying to get through to people? I keep realizing lately what a waste of energy it is to try and get through to people and to get them to wake up out of their sleep.

If you`re still trying to get people to agree with your way of seeing, its not them who needs waking up.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Skyfloating

onequestion
Whats the point of trying to get through to people? I keep realizing lately what a waste of energy it is to try and get through to people and to get them to wake up out of their sleep.

If you`re still trying to get people to agree with your way of seeing, its not them who needs waking up.

good point and timely message

"shake the dust off your feet"
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
1...you assume that people only think about mundane things.
2...you assume that they have not tried to better the world in their own way.
3...you assume that if one has the knowledge, they CAN affect change.
for billions of people the act of living is a full time job, for many, small lapses in focusing on that can be disastrous, or even deadly. to judge people by some socially excepted measure of accomplishment, is in itself small minded, and arrogant.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ignorance is bliss, if I remember correctly you are in your 20's and at that age it's very normal to think that way and will probably last to your mid 30's at least that's how my experience has been, now I'm starting my journey in the 40 age group and I concern myself with normal everyday living not on how I can wake people up or how nobody gets me.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You must always remember, we are at a constant war, a struggle between truth and untruth, right and wrong. While we convince others to wake up to the reality of things, they are constantly being convinced not to by the superficial things that are already a part of their life - the news media, the television, the radio, the talking heads, conformity to society - all these things are against us in the struggle.

Which means that we can only try harder because if we give up, all that other stuff isn't going to. It is going to destroy all the progress we have made and let me tell you - progress has been made. People are indeed waking up. Sometimes it is harder for some than others, but progress is being made.

We may still be on the losing side, but we are gaining ground. Soon enough, we will overtake them and they will then have no choice but to reassess the reality in which they live.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One thing is for certain: Most people prefer happiness and pleasure to wisdom and truth. If you appease these desires, change may occur. But tell someone the truth, and they recoil in horror, because it shows that their desire for happiness and pleasure is performed at the cost of something else's happiness and pleasure.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

The word "waking up" has different meanings depending on your age.
When I was in my late teens-mid to late 20's "waking up" to me was the need to feed my brain with all kinds of knowledge now the only thing I feel that I need to do is make sure my family is taken care of everything else is just wants.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope
One thing is for certain: Most people prefer happiness and pleasure to wisdom and truth. If you appease these desires, change may occur. But tell someone the truth, and they recoil in horror, because it shows that their desire for happiness and pleasure is performed at the cost of something else's happiness and pleasure.

I agree, but there is a certain amount of self preservation in bliss.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join