It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the point, people just dont get it..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Whats the point of trying to get through to people? I keep realizing lately what a waste of energy it is to try and get through to people and to get them to wake up out of their sleep.

Its really hard to go through the day to day task of the mundain aspects of life like work and buying food when everyone around you is in this illusionairy world of material and flesh. The conversations are topical, people can't understand or empathize on any level with anyone around them and this is mostly everyone. I don't get it its really hard for me to have conversations with people who just want to talk about their relationships or their day to day. Isn't there more to the average person then what their doing? Isn't there something else cooking in the average mind besides what happened a few days ago or it just distractions?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I certainly do think about more than superficial topics. I wouldn't say that it is useless to try to get through to people who "don't get it".

However, I would encourage you to not expect any observable shift in the apparent attitudes of people thusly challenged. It takes time for people to change their minds or to fully comprehend a new idea.

Say your peace and entertain questions.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Maybe they have to use all of their thoughts for calculating the costs of living?

Maybe most people cannot afford the luxury of free thinking?

I feel your pain, tho.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Not your job to wake people up. Let God work.
We take it easy we don't struggle. Rest

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

superluminal11

Let God work.

Well, what he's done so far dont look to good does it!

OP, dont give up on waking them up, it just takes time.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Just wow! A very powerful post.

Thank you for expressing how many of us feel, myself included.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think its things like Facebook that keeps a lot of people in zombie mode , telling people that your dog ate your bra this morning, or reading what all of your friends are doing or even cyber stalking the pretty girl down the block . It keeps people from thinking about what is really going on in the world around them and if they don't think about it then maybe nothing bad will ever happen .pretty sad that a water skiing cat is more important than what happens when we go to war again or rather enter another war on top of the ones we are in now , or when the economy finally tanks .

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
trying to wake people up is the issue.
dont try to wake them, give them tidbits, clues and let the curiousity to seek out the answers wake them up.

you cant make anyone else change their mind, but you can make them want to answer their own questions.

also for the dude that said leave it to god, as another member stated, that hasn't worked out yet.

take your time, be patient, and NEVER give anyone the answer. give them a way to find the answer.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I didnt real mean im trying to wake people up but its hard to get along with people who dont think deeply.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is why I have to talk to my parents, or my grandma, to stay sane. Almost none of my friends or people in my age range seem to care or have defeatist attitudes towards what's going on in the world.

link   

I once had this sort of frustration myself, but I realized that it was arrogant of me to think I had all the right answers....as truth applies to each individual.

All you can do is tell people what you know, let them accept it or not. It's not our place to "enlighten" others when, in fact, we may be wrong.

link   

My advice for what you're talking about is two fold. "Don't give up on people, but don't waste your time with them either." I say this because I've noticed the same thing as you have. For a while and even occasionally still I'll just throw my hands up and "screw em all". You start to think everyone is just a superficial zombie cookie cutout product of commercial television. Which is actually true sometimes.

However, not everyone has been completely hypnotized just yet. For every one person of character you find it makes up for the many that you come across too. That's why I say don't give up. Now when it comes to not wasting your time, basically just realize some people don't want to wake up, so let em sleep. It sucks I know and in the end those sleepy eyed dreamers may end up costing us all our lives because they refuse to be responsible. But wasting time with them before they are ready won't do you or them or anyone any good so just move on before their non-responsiveness ends up killing your motivation to help people.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i understand what your saying. i use to try and talk to people about certain issues during the clinton years.
most of the time they would look at me like, whaat!
during the bush years there were certain people, who thought that i might need professional help, especially my mom. so i had to chill about who i talked to about things and the way i did it. but as time has gone on, a couple of them have told me, they see after all this time, i was right about the things that i would point out.

so i say just keep plugin along, you may help other see what is right before there eyes. if not at least you know you tried.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thank GOD for forums like ATS to use as an outlet for the conversations you seek!

The majority of society, especially in the U.S., have been molded to be the way you experience, IMO. Those who seek to break away from the daily routines and who view life in different ways are misunderstood and sometimes ridiculed. People don't seek answers, they just want the comfort of their routine.

Maybe its fear of new knowledge, maybe its laziness (i.e. the routine), etc... but either way, all you can do is ask, plant a seed, and let the individual person decide on their own if they want to remain in the rut, or come out and discover something new.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I Feel Your Pain . Same Here . Sometimes after slapping my forehead in Consternation over the Thickheadedness of some of the People I personally know when trying to discuss Current Events in the World Today all they seem to Care about is their Petty Little Mundane Personal Lives . After awhile , I just give up and Move on . Good Advice i would think .....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I know your point exactly. As a JW, people tend to talk about "spiritual" stuff with me. But I would say that they are no deeper than perhaps what you're encountering. Let's put it this way, they are certainly not what I would consider intelligent conversations. I feel like it's worse here in the US, where intellectual rigor is not necessarily discouraged, but it's definitely not encouraged, either.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I think the same sheep but im not thinking im smarter i just prefer to engage in deeper conversations and actions as i get older and it seems like fewer and fewer people are interested in anything deep.

Its all superficial and topical, everything.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

And that's why we're here at ATS.

This is, like it or not, what you're looking for?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is something that I've struggled with quite a bit over the years. It's incredibly frustrating to exist mostly in the superficial when deep down your starving for deeper and more meaningful interactions. There's a saying that I saw a while ago though I don't remember where or who said it and it went something like..

"I speak, not to convince others to think like me but to let those who already do know that they're not alone."

Unfortunately one of the hardest things I've come to understand is that regardless of how much you try to speak with others on a deeper level, regardless of how eloquent or well thought out or logical the message.. If they are not at a place in their own development and awareness where they are ready to really hear the message, they won't. You can speak till you're blue in the face and they will never get it until they themselves are at that point when they are open to hearing it. All you can really do at that point is plant the seeds of thought and awareness for them to dwell on if they have the inclination. They may never think anything more of it or it might stick with them and twig at their consciousness until they reach a point when they can think on that deeper level. You never know what will come of those little seeds of thought that you put out there.

I know how frustrating it is but don't ever give up on people. Collectively we need more people out there who can think logically and plant those thoughts and ideas in the minds of those still asleep. Try not to take it personally if they don't listen and wake up though.. their receptiveness has everything to do with their own journey, not yours.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You have made an excellent point. What's frustrating sometimes, for me anyway, is when something is so incredibly obvious and the other person or people just "don't get it". I know we all have our own opinions. As a matter of fact, listening to the opinions of others is a good way to be more open minded...no matter how you may disagree. That's what I think anyway.

However, some people IMO, are always so one sided...for no other reason than because someone told them to be that way(news, websites, propaganda everywhere, etc.). I guess some people don't want the truth about anything.

But, we shouldn't force anything on anyone (there may come times when we do have to use force though) in general. This much is true.

Thank you

Btw, these are just my personal opinions 👍

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join