It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Airships

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So I was lying out in the sun in a public garden around three hours ago when I had seen a certain sort of airship I have seen flying thru these skies many a time. It's large & white & is shaped sort of like a missile. Behind this missile looking jet are two chemtrails that quickly vanish. I've only seen this sort of airship in this area, I've never seen it in any other state. So, I guess it is a military airship of some sort since there is a nearby airforce base.

Well, I watched this fast jet fly across the sky, except it looked like it was somehow sliding sideways as it flew forward. This became apparently clear as the jet passed on my line of site near the trees at the edge of the garden. I could see as it neared the tree that yes, it was actually kind of, how do I put this... scrolling to the side? Like, as it flew, you could see the chemtrail was drifting like if you took a pencil & rolled it on the table. Then it went behind a single tree but then hadn't come out the other side. It should have taken that jet only a few seconds to become visible again, but, as I said before, it vanished.

Another cool thing to add to the many weird things I see.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Watching an aircraft disappear behind a tree (or building etc) and being surprised when it doesn't come out again is quite usual, in my experience. We anticipate its course, but while it's out of sight, it can fly off in another direction entirely, or go behind clouds.

Chemtrails: well, I don't even want to go there. And without knowing where 'this area' is, it's hard to comment on your sighting.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
25 years ago, I worked right under a landing path. We could see jumbo jets less than ten centimeters long, about the width of the hand. On windy days, the planes were effectively making their approach almost sideways.

We were amazed to see the pilots trying to correct the course, and the plane being pushed. The nose of the plane was going left-right in succession.

But I never saw them disappear.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

NowanKenubi

I have.

I used to live under a flight test area, for several years. I would watch the test aircraft and its chase plane (usually a much smaller F-16) go behind clouds in formation and only the F-16 come out. Other times both would come out.

And it is not just them changing course sometimes.
edit on 3/4/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Zaphod58

NowanKenubi

I have.

I used to live under a flight test area, for several years. I would watch the test aircraft and its chase plane (usually a much smaller F-16) go behind clouds in formation and only the F-16 come out. Other times both would come out.

I guess that's enough to start a lifelong interest...even passion hey Zaph>?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That's how it sucks you in.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

I would imagine it could have been a normal aircraft climbing in altitude toward a cloud deck that obscured it as it climbed above the cloud deck. That cloud deck could also have been traveling, carried by high altitude winds, in a perpendicular angle to the aircraft's heading, which would give the aircraft the illusion of a sideways travel. Just a theory......

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I need to move there! Do they have a good school district?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

If I had kids in school there I would have to lobotomize them to bring them down to the level of the school system there.

GREAT spotting area though.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Don't worry, I've also seen things go into clouds and never come out. Just not when I was seeing the planes flying partly on the side. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
strange, i asked my son if aircraft can turn in invisible the other day. i was watching a Tornado circling above my house couple of days ago, blue sky, no clouds and sun shining, all of a sudden i see chemtrails quickly appear and there wasn't a plane, i thought J***s C****t there must be a bloody ufo and then another Tornado (that was making the chemtrail) appeared, it just kept appearing and disappearing and there were no cloud, unless the sun was bouncing off of it?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

slippeddisc
strange, i asked my son if aircraft can turn in invisible the other day. i was watching a Tornado circling above my house couple of days ago, blue sky, no clouds and sun shining, all of a sudden i see chemtrails quickly appear and there wasn't a plane, i thought J***s C****t there must be a bloody ufo and then another Tornado (that was making the chemtrail) appeared, it just kept appearing and disappearing and there were no cloud, unless the sun was bouncing off of it?

I presume you mean contrails

As for the disappearing tornado depending on how high it is and depending how good your eye site is the aircraft may look like it disappears. But compare a fighter jet in the sky to a passenger jet the fighter is a lot smaller, move faster and perform better turns. Can easily lose track of a fighter in the sky quite easily
edit on 6-3-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

lol, contrails, chemtrails, i was going to put exhaust trails. but thanks for your explanation though.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

slippeddisc

lol, contrails, chemtrails, i was going to put exhaust trails. but thanks for your explanation though.

Lol I think the safer bet is exhaust trails ha. It wasn't really an explanation just something I've seen through experience I cctv could be wrong but never mind. Envy you though being near or getting to see tornados fly about. In south Essex here all I get is the odd apache and chinook

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

last week an Apache flew over the house, never seen one before and as usual the camera was nowhere to be seen! it was quite low and noisy. i live in the fens and im an hour from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham, so on a daily basis we get Tornados and Typhoons the Typhoons circle above the house and get lower,they bugger off, come back and do the same thing again, they are so loud its quite scary! two Typhoons done the circling thing today, my video camera was all out of focus but got a pic of one of them. see a Typhoon couple of weeks ago at night with its glow sticks.

edit on 21Thursday49ppAmerica/Chicago64921 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by slippeddisc

I'm getting more envious with every reply you put lol .. I have er Southend airport 10 miles from me I get the odd Easyjet airbus fly over. Yeah beat that
lol nice shot of the typhoon though

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

lol.

i won't post the Lancaster pic then,
that flies over about 3/4 times. i've only got this interest cus my son wants to join the RAF, i've promised to take him to watch them take off n land at Coningsby not too sure if my nerves could take it though, i know they have a 'family day' this year with Typhoons putting on a display so i might take him to see that too.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by slippeddisc

Shush now!

I wanted to join the RAF I had the lowest school/ college grades to join as a pilot. Time passed I turned 18 starting drinking and partying got involved with 'recreational' activities ... 10 years later i still want to join but my time has passed. If I lived where you were if spend every spare minute sitting at the end of the run way.

Sod ya nerves get your boy out there lol

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

thats what he wants to be, a pilot, not sure if he'l get the grades needed but he has the confidence and fitness, he's at the gym, i know he'l pass the fitness tests. i got him a flying lesson for christmas so he's got that in a couple of weeks too. just have to make sure he doesn't get in with the wrong crowd but theres plenty of them round here.

i know at coningsby you can get really close to them bout 100 feet away while they taxi and theres a good chance to get blasted by the jet as it lands, il end up in the ditch a jibbering wreck!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Zaphod58

NowanKenubi

I have.

--
Let me get this straight, you actually SAW a plane vanish? How 'bout that....
I always wondered, besides your knowledge of aviation, what it was that brought you here to ATS, Conspiratorial, Ufological, Cryptological....
I'd imagine Ufological....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join