It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe what they tell you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
With the situation in Ukraine still developing I'm surprised by all the different news story's coming out with many of these story's being false.

The main media companies are selling a political leaning product to us consumers and sensationalism sells.

edit on 4-3-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

Fox news is the worst in my opinion, they rush to put things out without vetting anything. Am radio is next in line, the zealotry to further the conservative agenda is sickening.
edit on 4-3-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Do you believe what they tell you?

Why? Who`s asking????

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I would have paid more attention to your argument if you had started off with:

"If you like your insurance plan and doctor you can keep them."

Isn't that about the biggest, most visible life of this century so far?

And you realize, that was our President making that statement about 39 times I believe it was. Not a news person on TV that just happens to have our attention for a minute or two.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Um how can you tell if a politician is lying? If there speaking there lying.

This is about so called news organization lying for ideology and profit.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

When you realize everything you see is false it becomes necessary to concentrate on oneself and those closest.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I don't believe we are being told the whole truth. The Governments are all buddy buddy type of control to bring fear of us sheepie's.

Wars Were a Diversion and Income for the Black Ops Space Program at NSA

The wars were all created as a diversion. Running guns, drug smuggling and war profits all had only one goal and that was to run the Secret Space Program. We have Border Facilities like Fort Bliss in El Paso Texas used for Black Ops in Mexico. We placed our deep Secret Space Facilities in Tunneled Underground Labs near Indian Reservations in New Mexico and Arizona so no United States Citizen could see the Black Ops trainings without effort. The National Security Agency (NSA) has been running a Secret Space Program since its inception. They have technologies which far exceed anything NASA has. President Obama closed down the Space Shuttle Program because the NSA Craft are 4th/5th Generation beyond the Space Shuttle. When we sign the Petitions we demand President Obama, the Intelligence Complexes and Military inform us of what has been hidden. They are not trying to debunk ET, they are afraid of worldwide anger at being deceived and a following dissolution of all governments as citizens learn more about all the deceptions which have been kept hidden under a cover story.

The CIA was originally set up by executive order under President Truman in 1947 and NSA grew out of that. Since then the CIA has been running the United States Military and Black Ops Budget running the Secret Space Program. Anyplace the United States had a need for Military Intervention, the CIA is there with Black Ops running the Military. It would be impossible to audit the United States Military simply because the Black Ops Budgets have never been written down. The Majestic Documents can be downloaded and printed online. The Freedom of Information Act declassified several documents which UFO Experts have been researching and posting online for years. This is not a conspiracy or a theory.

NSA Landed on the Moon in 1961, NASA 1969

Mr. Chertok was an electrician at 17, and by 1930 was working in an aircraft factory. He graduated from the Moscow Energy Institute in 1940. After World War II, he was a member of a team of experts sent to Germany to mine records of the German rocketry program. Another member of that team was Mr. Korolev. They brought back the blueprints of the German V-2, which became the basis for the Soviet missile and space programs. Mr. Chertok’s systems guided the rocket that bore Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit Earth, into space on Oct. 4, 1957; and, on April 12, 1961, the rocket that took the first man into space, Yuri Gagarin. (Less than a month later, Alan B. Shepard Jr. became the first American in space.) When JFK made the call for a manned space flight, he knew that the United States NSA had already landed on the Moon in 1961. During World War II there were no real enemies. Everything was fabricated to fund the Soviet Union, Germany and the United States to go into Space.

Just chech this out for yourselfs.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I would say CNN is the worst. Here's how the con goes.

Pick an issue, any issue.

You can count on Fox to try to appeal to Right/Conservative/Republican/Whatever-label-you-want. You can expect them to go over the top. Any reasonable, thinking person would see them as partisan and suspect.

Conversely, MSNBC will try to appeal to the Left/Liberal/Democrat/Whatever. They will be just as partisan and suspect as Fox.

Then along comes CNN. Compared to the other two, they will seem moderate, rational, fair, etc. Then they will try to sell you on whatever it is that the government wants you to believe. It's a three-way con.

When was the last time CNN spoke against any war the government wanted?
Remember how hard CNN pushed for Obamacare? They are still trying to sell it at every opportunity.
Have you ever noticed that CNN has never seen a gun control law they didn't like?
Have you noticed that despite the recent rash in LEO misconduct, you hardly hear a peep from CNN?
Have you noticed that the majority of the "experts" CNN brings on are either current or former government employees, pushing the government's agenda?

I still watch CNN on occasion, though. I just want to be aware of what the government wants me to think.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i don't trust what i see on the news, per se.

when a story breaks, i tend to watch all the mainstream news channels simultaneously, flicking between them and trying to filter some facts from the rhetoric. likewise i'll take from each newspaper what i will and try to get an overview. the internet, though ostensibly 'free-er' than the MSM, similarly suffers degrees of spin, depending on which sites i visit. from all of this i attempt to formulate an informed, broad-based, opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I dont. But, apparently a lot of members do here. No sooner than something hits the wires....there are 3-4 threads about it...either later proven true or false....without any regard to accuracy.

"HAPPENING NOW!" "THIS JUST IN!" "MUST SEE!" or the one I particularily dislike is : "HERE WE GO!".

I should think we could wait at least an hour before reporting. I wait at least that long before panicking. The MSM cannot be trusted as we can see....

PS And I look at three or 4 different weather reports before I assume any bad weather too!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The only 1 who knows the
I don't believe we are being told the whole truth. The Governments are all buddy buddy type of control to bring fear of us sheepie's.

I dunno much about cooperation between governments in their propaganda but I suspect it's true. Things like the "sexed up" intelligence between the Brits and the US tend to indicate racketeering in their propaganda efforts.

What we do know about is the CIA operation Mockingbird which pretty much infiltrated our media in the late 1940's and early 1950's.

What we do know is that a half dozen or so corporations control our media.

What we do know is that the Clinton Administration was writing scripts for popular sitcoms.

What we do know was that the Bush Jr Administration was producing video "reports" that were being aired and represented as being legitimate news articles by the news media.

I turned off satellite TV ~ 5 years ago and I would not use it again even if it were free. Our citizenry are being irreversibly damaged by this constant barrage of propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join