It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey white alCIAduh: DroneShield warns of low-flying UAVs with 18 nations demanding the device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Since all you vets and patriots and purveyers of raw dairy products are the new targets of the war on terrorism...
white al ciaduh...
white is the new black I guess

anyhow I checked search didn't see droneshield but all you patriotic backyard techies will see the beauti in this little idea

In a matter of a few years, tons of drones could be whizzing around residential zones, taking away tiny pieces of privacy people once had. DroneShield is a fresh new concept that alerts of nearby low-flying UAV devices in the area. John Franklin, one of the developers, told the Voice of Russia that 18 countries, including Russia, have already put in orders for the gadget and has been creating buzz ever since.

Less than seven years from now there be up to 10,000 privately owned and operated drones gliding through the air in the US alone, according to the Federal Aviation Administration’s forecast. Though, the most recent device on the market promises to alert residents of when a small-sized drone has dropped by to visit.
DroneShield is an idea that has been brought to life thanks to crowd-funded resources and the designer of the device aerospace engineer John Franklin along with co-inventor Brian Hearing. The uniqueness in the $99 device is due to the super sensitive microphone it uses to pick up on a drone’s acoustic signature. It then takes in the sound data and it undergoes processing with a cheaply made, mini Raspberry Pi computer. Afterward, the shield device clarifies what the noise is by selecting from an internal list of drone sounds.

voiceofrussia.com...
How would you protect your self from drones to keep your wedding plans from being reigned on.....
would you use sound, or would you come up with a different way of detecting them ?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Judge Napolitano has the best idea I've heard yet when it comes to drones. About 3 min in.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Must be an American thing.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you even using real words?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

he might be right
so I take it thats a vote for optics over sound

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wish Judge Napolitano would run for president and win !

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
we just have to drone whack all those voting machine hacking chimpanzees
burn his birth cerificate, and change his skintone a little...
and he'll be a shoe in

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

For Middle-Class Pakistanis, a Gun Is a Must-Have Accessory

online.wsj.com...

thing is the guns don't stop the drones

top topics

join