It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Hope Givers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What is our responsibility as writers, musicians, artists to give others hope? What about us parents, politicians, and teachers? I have been asking myself this question for some time. Do we have any responsibility to encourage others with hope and to what end? Is hope any more valuable or important than communicating truth and reality. Does hope only disintegrate into disappointment? Should hope giving only be the purview of the religious or the often disdained optimists?

When I look around the landscape all I seem to see are signs telling us of failure, corruption, war, famine and discord. The sunrise only seems to bring more bad news. How long can we continue to bear bad news? Some have attempted to bring more positive and uplifting news to us but it is far in the minority.

Where are the words of encouragement that we all so desperately need? Are we still communicating to others that their dreams can come true. How much of our encouragement given to others is with fingers crossed behind our backs. Have we lost the ability to give sincere encouragement? The doom message appears to be that hopelessness covers the earth like a dark cloud.

All of us who have the ability to give others hope bear a great responsibility to do so. When children ask us if some day they can be president, an astronaut, or a doctor are we able to give them hope? The answer is yes, we can and we must for the sake of humanity. We must encourage the dreamers of dreams.

I believe we all must learn how to share hope with others. Our words are powerful and we can change individual lives and the world with them. Are we leaving people encouraged or in despair? Like love, hope is something we can share. For when the living love hope there is hope for the living. I believe in all we do we must share hope.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Very nicely written my friend

I have hope.. Even though I'm surrounded by a fog a lot of times. I still have a little voice saying there's still hope for us all... That little voice never fails me
which I'm thankful for. I can give my son hope along with my hope

Always good to see someone else who has hope as well

Be well and take care my friend
-nat

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Nat you and my other friends here on ATS are the ones who give me hope. You give hope by living compassionately and by being empathetic to others. Your son is blessed to have you as his mother and mentor. I also believe there is hope for this world but it may have to get worse before it gets better. We just have to hang in there and encourage others to do the same. Peace to you and your family.

new topics

join