It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian troops fire over the heads of Ukrainians in Crimea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
According tothis BBC video report (with subtitles to the conversation) about 300 Ukrainian servicemen marched to their airbase demanding "their jobs back", and at least one of the 3 Russian solders on the road in front fires over their heads. Initially the troops hit the deck, but then they carry on.

the Ukrainians appear to be unarmed, but are in uniform.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I see more fear in the eyes of the armed russian soldiers than the unarmed ukrainian soldiers on that video.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Trueman

I see more fear in the eyes of the armed russian soldiers than the unarmed ukrainian soldiers on that video.

That's what happens when you know what you're doing is wrong.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

WRONG

Those aren't Russian soldiers firing into the air!

They're 'Mystery' soldiers..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For better viewing

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Trueman

That's what happens when you know what you're doing is wrong.

~Tenth

Exactly.....Now they know how it feels to be the "Bad Guys" too.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah.

I wonder what would have happened if the Ukrainians had just kept walking until physically blocked - not pushed the Russians out of the way or anything.....but anywhere there wasn't a soldier or a fence or a vehicle in front of them just keep walking forwards.

And if blocked just stand there doing nothing....but if the obstruction moves out of the way start walking again.....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

no - it is no mystery any more - they are "local self defence forces" who bought their uniforms (and AK's and RPG's and BTR-60's....) from local stores....vlad said so so it must be true!!

Who was the last lot in eastern Europe who had their troops dress up as someone else...I vaguely recall it didn't work out well....and yes Godwin is stalking me!!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Wow the Russians I mean the Ukrainian Militia let me try again, the local self defence forces are better equipped than the Ukrainian standing army.

impressive...

edit on 4-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seems a little suspicious to me. The loud mouth Ukranian soldier seemed a little too emboldened. The Russian soldier even questioned whether they were being provoked on purpose. And the confused turning to suspicious expression on the Russian soldier's face is priceless.

Possible agent provocateur, imo.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have to say, if Russia doesn't rap this up soon there is going to be blood spilled, and the locals won't be happy, if so I believe we will witness the fastest retreat in history
LOL Xavi
edit on 4-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

hurdygurdy
Seems a little suspicious to me. The loud mouth Ukranian soldier seemed a little too emboldened. The Russian soldier even questioned whether they were being provoked on purpose. And the confused turning to suspicious expression on the Russian soldier's face is priceless.

Possible agent provocateur, imo.

Uh...yeah...the Ukrainian soldier asking to be allowed into his base, which is Ukrainian federal Govt Property is an agent provocateur for the armed Russian soldier shooting over his head who illegally seized the base.....

Really? you think that's the case?

I saw the Ukrainian appealing to the Russian's humanity, and the Russian repeating the BS Putin line....

new topics

top topics

join