It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video Near Seatac (Seattle)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just before 10PM on 2/13/2014, I was working on my busted 97 jeep with a mechanic friend who just got off work. More like he was working on it, and I was bringing him a hot coffee. As we stood there talking for a few minutes, I watched a plane from Seatac airport (Seattle) fly by. The commercial airliner flies a straight line, heading NW toward Canada. I live nearly under the new "alternate" flight path, when the airport has overflow take off and landings, they do it over my neighborhood, we are 4 miles flight from the runway.

As the plane is nearly out of view, a red object appears from the same spot the plane came from. I watch it, as it silently grows in size and approaches us. I say, "That's not a plane!" to my friend, and he begins to watch. He says he saw an Orb the whole time, a possibly spinning orb. To me, it initially appears diamond shaped, like a big triangle laying down. It is pointed nearly directly at my house. However as it got closer to us, about 1 mile at it's closest point, from the side view it appears like a round orb, or a triangle spinning fast which simulates an orb effect. From beginning to end, the colors are consistent. It is an intense luminous red, with orange streaks of plasma lightning running through it. The orange and red displace each other every second or two, as the lightning streaks chaotically pulse around the craft. The pulse rate is slow and visible. It is almost impossible to determine the actual size of the object. After reviewing all details, I presume it is smaller than the commercial airline it was following. It is completely silent.

As the red craft was nearly out of sight, appearing to us for just as long as the plane, 25-30 seconds, there was another glow in the sky. Right in line, another red craft appeared from on the horizon. I ran inside and got my Lumix GH3, which had a 1980's Olympus lens on it, with F1.7 huge aperature to see things at night. However it has no zoom lens - I want to switch lenses, but there is no time to swap and remove the polarizer on my 14-140 zoom lens. I bolt back outside, and film the last 9 seconds of craft 2 as it slightly detours left from the Canadian plane route, and slightly gains elevation to pop above the cloud wall that covers the entire sky. I would guess the cloud wall begin at 2,000 feet elevation (very rough guess). It wasn't raining on us, but I think it was drizzling nearby, as I see water droplets falling from the clouds in the video when I contrast enhance.

The camera was hand-held, and manual focus. The first few seconds I am running from my house to the driveway, hence the wobble. Then I get a few seconds of steady video, which I am editing for a cleaner view in Vegas 9/Cineform. The craft flew 100% straight, no visible turns including the flight path deviation slightly West and Up at the end, taking them away from land (over the ocean) and sight. A 2nd plane flew by ending the entourage, and I filmed that as it approached, realizing it would be a helpful reference in the same shot.

It was not a chinese lantern as has been suggested to me, because it had identical lateral thrust as a plane probably travelling at 200MPH, And it was spinning, and too large. It could not have been any known human aircraft, because the lights were so bright. The only way I can imagine to modify a human craft to appear this way, is if it had the equivalent of high def TV screens all over it, showing red/orange colors very brightly. I can imagine this would be possible, but expensive, and what is the motive for deception if we were the the only two who saw it late on a cold February night??

Admins please note: The following Youtube links have Monetize disabled (as I was advised), there are No Ads or money collection possible.

UFO Near Seatac (1)

During the next week, I spent many hours editing the footage, and wishing I had more time for a better capture. I set up my camera on the tripod pointed at the same patch of sky for many hours. One week later, on 2/20/2014 at 5:40PM, I was filming a nice sunset with intricate patchwork of clouds. While crunching the 1 hour video sequence into time-lapse, I was surprised to see a plane fly by, followed by a round disk that spins across the top-right of the screen. It is small in the video, but unmistakebly round, likely spinning, and clearly on a mechanical flight path. I have done some light editing on this, here are the results.

UFO Near Seatac (2)
Original Unedited Version:
UFO Near Seatac (2) Original

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The first one is an airplane, whether you could hear it or not. Along with the reddish light, immediately to the left, you can see two other white lights, one of which is a strobe with the same frequency as any airliner. I don't think there is much of a mystery there. On the flight path, plus a strobe light.

the second one is much more of a mystery and is as you describe it. The only thing I can say is that it is straight-line flight LIKE and airplane would travel. Please note I did not say it WAS an airplane. The other interesting thing there was that it went left to right to the right of a large tree, then you panned the camera up and to the left and there it was again on the same flight path. I really didn't see a transition edit there, but it appeared as if there were two separate objects. Beats me what it (they) were.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pylgrym

It was not a chinese lantern as has been suggested to me

Whoever suggested it was a Chinese lantern was correct in my opinion.
The second video I don't know .

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Pylgrym
UFO Near Seatac (1)

UFO Near Seatac (2)

Original Unedited Version:
UFO Near Seatac (2) Original

To make the videos quicker and easier to view, I've embedded them below:

"UFO Near Seatac (1)":

"UFO Near Seatac (2)"

"UFO Near Seatac (2) Original Unedited Version":

edit on 4-3-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pylgrym

good videos but nothing to write home about..appreciate the effort though

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I actually lived about five miles south of Seatac for ten years and I think I recognize both of those objects.
I agree with schuyler on the first one; that seems to be a high-flying plane. The second one could possibly be a hawk. I've seen a similar object, and after watching in anticipation, realized what it was when it started circling and descending. If you consider the bird's wings retracted, it explains the speed and shape of the object.

Here's one just riding a thermal:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

Video number two is clearly a bird. Viewing full screen you even can distinguish wings flapping.

Would like to see an unedited version of the first one too.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Lithops
reply to post by lemmin

Video number two is clearly a bird. Viewing full screen you even can distinguish wings flapping.

Or possibly an insect that is relatively close to the camera.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Video 1 looks to me like a government 'stealth' aircraft of some kind, they are taking off from Boeing Field all the time I see them constantly
edit on 4-3-2014 by ATSZOMBIE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes I identified as potentially a 'Musca domestica' of the suborder Cyclorrhapha

Soylent Green Is People

Lithops
reply to post by lemmin

Or possibly an insect that is relatively close to the camera.

edit on 4-3-2014 by ATSZOMBIE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Pretty cool clips! Do you have an original version of the first (in the dark) clip please, from when you hit record to when you stopped recording? I thought chinese lantern at first but once it was slowed down you can kind of appreciate that the lights/object may be spinning, or it may be camera sensor playing tricks... So it'd be nice to see the original video at regular speed

Reminds me a bit of this

edit on 4-3-2014 by markymint because: added img

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you for the opinions!

Thanks for the embedding help Isaac.

Reasons why I know Film (1) is not a plane:
I filmed it, and when it passed over there was no sound.
It was glowing waaaay to brightly, as you can compare to the plane in same video
It was spinning in fast circles!
Too many crazy colors and glow, no way a pilot could see out of that flare (through a window)

Reasons why I believe Film (2) is not a bird:
I can make out a round shape to it
It flies 200MPH
It flies straight, mechanically straight, it is not organic
I DO see some little "things" on the side, but I don't think it's wings. I think they are appendages while it spins.
Note I was not there in person when this flew by. I had to crop in on the video to see it. However...!!!

The morning after video (2) was filmed, the same object appeared for a (3)rd time! This video just viewed and not posted yet. But it is similar, showing the object going the opposite direction in morning lighting (same size, small), instead of sunset lightning. I will have it up soon to see within a few days.

ATSZombie, can you film one of these taking off at Seatac? I really doubt the government/military launches their vehicles from a commercial runway surrounded by citizen passengers? But if so I would really love to see it.

To me, this looks clearly like a match to the "Orange/Red Orbs" that have been seen all around the country the last month or two. A few hours after I filmed the first clip, couldn't sleep, found:
www.nuforc.org...

...and was surprised to see many orange/red orbs all over. Please believe I had not heard about this red/orange orb thing before I filmed it.

markymint, yes, the original video (1) contains the original footage - it is part II of the video, unedited. However I will be happy to upload it to the portal here in ATS so you (as YouTube tends to destroy/simplify/convert some video quality), or whoever has access can look at it directly.

Thanks and more to come

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Now there are two default explanations for encounters at night with this distance: Chinese Lanterns. Or DRONES
Great...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

My next step is to change all the colors on all 3 videos, and see if the motion patterns are similar - are these the same thing or different things? That is my main question.

I attempted to upload the (1) video here, but ATS only allows images to be uploaded, not video. Does Vimeo lose less quality than Youtube when uploading? Where can I post the "original" without it being simplified?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
@Pylgrym

Very interesting videos, thanks for sharing.

I'm especially interested by the second video, which have been taken in ideal conditions (camera mounted on a tripod, hi-resolution...), worth a special mention as it's rare for UFO videos.

If you agree, I would like to try to analyze this video with this analysis software that I develop with a friend. I should be able using radiometric and geometric data to determine with a good approximation the size vs distance and the speed of the object. It should also be easy to confirm schuyler's impressions about the straight-line flight path and determine it's precision.

However, in order to properly do this, I would like to know the exact model of your camera (Lumix GH3?), your position and the general orientation where the video was taken. Also, could it be possible to have a copy of the original unedited video in another way than Youtube that (even in 1080p HD) horribly distort the image? You can for example use Divshare or any other free sharing account.

A good clue is the fact that the object pass behind the closest clouds, that appears to be Fractus Clouds, which bases ranged from 500 to 1500 m (1600 to 4900 ft) above ground level, meaning that the object is at least located at an altitude over 500 m (1600 ft).

Also, was the sun set since a long time?

Many thanks!

edit on 5-3-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pylgrym

I filmed it, and when it passed over there was no sound.
It was glowing waaaay to brightly, as you can compare to the plane in same video
It was spinning in fast circles!

What if the plane (or other aerial vehicle) was really far away? You wouldn't be able to hear it, the optical aberration caused by the lack of a focus point could make the light appear to be brighter, and any alternating lights would blend together to create a pulsating effect. Even pollution in the Seattle atmosphere could add to the colorizing effects.

I'm not saying that's the answer, just that an object in that scenario should look similar to what you filmed.

I can make out a round shape to it
It flies 200MPH
It flies straight, mechanically straight, it is not organic

You really can't know the speed without a size and distance reference. As another user mentioned, the object could be moving extremely slowly in the foreground (though I don't think it is). A diving bird matches all of those (empirical) criteria.

(A Peregrine Falcon can fly 200MPH and is native to WA :p)

Again, I haven't concluded the answer to these anomalies. I simply don't see evidence against the practical.

I'd love to see the new video you have. Sorry for being so skeptical.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

Really good points Lemmin, here are my thoughts. Right, the object could have just been really far away, farther than the plane we see, which would explain no sound. However if we are seeing two similar planes, one close and one far (and small and silent), the far/tiny one should be moving much slower across the screen. In this case, the object is moving at a similar rate to the plane, so it's either a) really high in the atmosphere and going REALLY fast, or b) it's actually small, round shaped, and pretty close.

So the plane is my relative reference, and I assume the commercial planes fly roughly around 200mph. Wikipedia thinks a peregrine can dive at 200mph, but soars steady at a much slower speed.

Eleven, yes, your work on video analysis looks great, I will work with you to analyze the video and provide the original to you. The sunset video is unfortunately huge, 3.7gb, because it's shot in .mov format. The first night video is in .mp4 and it's only 150mb. We'll work out the details.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
To me, it looks exactly like a Chinese lantern and an unsteady hand.

AAC

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pylgrym

1st is lantern, 2nd is bird

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just hang around Boeing Field you will see them, black triangles, stealth (supposedly retired?! lol) They must be doing some kinda testing phase and apparently people are too busy looking down at their cell phones to even notice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join