It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Acknowledges Government Lies About Fukushima

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What did CNN, NBC, CBS, etc show about the subject?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

jaffo

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sorry but that's no mainstream news agency and its certainly not from Fox. It's a blog

Exactly. This article is garbage and it's full of misinformation. This has all thoroughly been debunked over and over so please stop with the fear mongering. Yes Fukushima MIGHT eventually get as bad as some of you so desperately for some reason hope it now is, but we are not there yet.

To you and other posters who seem to ASSume that because some of 'us' are incredibly upset about this catastrophe of epic proportions that we are "desperately hoping it is as bad as we think it is" - it is completely ignorant to think people who are upset, concerned, cynical are "hoping" for doom and gloom! Please stop comparing those of us concerned about the long term effects of this with bona fide psychopaths, like those running Tepco, who might actually be enjoying our demise! They're the ones lying and causing this grief, we're just reacting to their careless and intentional lying about the real state of affairs.

Can they hide radiation effects? Absolutely - all they have to do is ensure nothing gets put out in mainstream news (done); recalibrate all the geiger counters (done); raise safety limits (done); control or dismantle environmental radiation detectors (done); put out shills on forums to ridicule and harass anyone with real results or concerns (done); silence medical facilities about real radiation effects showing up (done)... And the masses continue on none the wiser, most of them don't even realize Fukushima is a real problem as it is. Hiding the real effects of the radiation is easy for TPTB, they've been doing it for decades already!

I do not HOPE for disasters nor do others here who have their eyes open and are justifiably cynical of Tepco's reports and governments reassurances and believe Fukushima is a MAJOR disaster that isn't going to stop for DECADES if ever!!! Lying is their nature - they are self-serving 100% of the time. The nuclear industry makes no sense because it is not clean or cost effective - the only thing it's good for is polluting the planet and our environment and providing a cover to produce weapons though they don't even need a cover to produce weapons, they have all the underground facilities needed to produce anything in secret - so I'm left with their main purpose being to contaminate, it is the only "logical" conclusion because it's not about money either.

Is the west coast of north america's ocean contaminated by Fukushima yet? Probably - currents will move whatever is in them. Radiation accumulates, it will only get worse, not better because the thing has no end date. It is not the 'only' radiation problem, but it is the most in your face uncontrollable one and if people are complacent about Fukushima's effects then they are ready to believe anything served up to them.

I would love to have a bona fide "all's clear" and "everything IS fine" - but that ain't gonna happen because it's not fine and things aren't all clear. Yes, can choose to set it aside and whistle a happy tune day in and day out and pretend, I choose not to. That doesn't make me and others "happy" about this or "hope" for disasters (duh!) - it makes us concerned and aware. And in my books that's a good thing.

Fukushima is also different than the nuke 'testing' (also absurd) - because Fukushima had a nice soup of other things like plutonium and lead and, and, and that blew up and is being washed into the oceans. It's a mega disaster - just because there hasn't been real raw data on the internet doesn't mean it's not a mega disaster - it just means there's no real raw data on the internet. Let's see five years from now what's happening and whether us 'doomers' (absurd) had it right all along!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The US government are just as guilty as the Japanese since they have colluded with the Japanese since the start. I seem to remember they loaned them a barge or two so the Japanese could remove some 'parts' under tarps. I think the barges initially had fresh water in them but after the water was removed, there were white tarps with things under them... No-one knows what those 'things' were. There was wild speculation on the 'old' thread that they were coffins or plutonium enriching centrifuges.

See the 3rd link down on this post "Thumbnails of images referenced"

as an example from cryptome.org - .
This image although I am not sure this is actually photographed at Fuku

Another of the barge
and another
and another
edit on 6 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: add more pics

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

After days of silence on the nuclear crisis in Japan, President Obama today downplayed concerns of a potential radiological impact in the U.S. and defended efforts to evacuate Americans from a zone around the crippled reactors four times larger than one imposed by Japan.

"I want to be very clear: We do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the U.S., whether it's the west coast, Hawaii, Alaska, or the U.S. territories in the Pacific," Obama said in the Rose Garden.

Obama Downplays Radiological Impact on U.S., Warns Americans Abroad

Now, the definition of 'harmful levels' gives him a good bit of wiggle room but with all of the shenanigans what was happening with the monitoring systems I don't think we can ever be certain we know exactly how much landed where.

Add to that the very important fact that Tepco et al have never told the truth the first, second, third, or even forth time when asked about anything regarding this disaster and I'm not sure how we can have much certainty about anything reported.

But one U.S. official told ABC News that the situation remains "horrifically worrisome," despite an apparent information gap between what Japanese power company officials are telling the Japanese government of the situation, and what U.S. has determined through independent reconnaissance.

You know well and good how advanced our technology is and how much certain departments actually knew and when compared to what was being reported by the officials 'in charge' at the plant, so this statement carries quite a bit of weight.

Is this an ELE?

Nope.

Is it cause for concern?

You bet, and for more than just the apparently obvious health reasons. The very fact that the narrative was directed from the beginning and continues to be directed to this day is just as or more important than any potential damage the contamination will cause to us in the US.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Now, the definition of 'harmful levels' gives him a good bit of wiggle room but with all of the shenanigans what was happening with the monitoring systems I don't think we can ever be certain we know exactly how much landed where.
So, where is the:

"fantastical incredible lie" gov't told over Fukushima, "It's now reached shores of North America" — "We knew... and simply could not prove" it

Add to that the very important fact that Tepco et al have never told the truth the first, second, third, or even forth time when asked about anything regarding this disaster and I'm not sure how we can have much certainty about anything reported.
Fortunately TEPCO is not the only source of information about ocean contamination levels.

You know well and good how advanced our technology is and how much certain departments actually knew and when compared to what was being reported by the officials 'in charge' at the plant, so this statement carries quite a bit of weight.
A two word sound bite. That's impressive. There is no doubt that the situation at Fukushima was (and is) worrisome. What does that have to do with a:

"fantastical incredible lie" gov't told over Fukushima, "It's now reached shores of North America" — "We knew... and simply could not prove" it

See, the claim is that the government lied, that it said that contamination would not reach the west coast. The government never made that claim.

And, btw, where is the proof that contamination has reached west coast shorelines? It certainly will, but where is the proof it has?

edit on 3/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Phage
See, the claim is that the government lied

Wow imagine that, liars may have lied?

that it said that contamination would not reach the west coast. The government never made that claim.

You're correct, No they did not. They just didn't say anything!

And, btw, where is the proof that contamination has reached west coast shorelines? It certainly will, but where is the proof it has?

Umm, Considering the fact that the disaster happened 3 years ago in March 2011, contaminated water has been leaking ever since then, and it is now March 2014, only a complete brainwashed imbecile, or a government hired yes man shillist for that matter, would believe otherwise.

Oh and uh Phage, Where is the proof that it has not reached the North American west coast?

See how that works Buddy?
~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

jaffo
WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY LIE ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!

Maybe because of the drastic effects that it would have on the economy, did your brain ever comprehend that possibility? Do you have any idea whatsoever how much fish products come from the Pacific ocean and are sold all over the world? Did you ever consider the profits involved concerning Japanese exports worldwide? My god Man, think instead of being such a good little sheople.

IF and WHEN radiation reaches us, that fact will be verifiable by ANYONE who wants to buy a Geiger counter and point it at the Ocean or the air. I mean seriously, you act as though "they" can somehow "hide" frigging radiation. Are you kidding me?!

So you think everyone is going to go out and buy a Geiger counter? Yeah right, they are not cheap.

Do you think everyone can afford one? So you also believe that if everyone did purchase one, that half of them would even know how to properly use or read it?

Then the few that actually do, how many have a you tube account, or possess the power to bribe the media tycoons who have already been bribed and paid off by the deciders? Cause we know they won't cover any independent findings.

Which brings us back to you tube users, who then would be labeled you tube conspiracy nuts, or that they did not know how to work or read the Geiger counter, or that they faked their video. So is it really you who is kidding all of us? ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

FOX News is crap and the least reliable news outlet on Earth. It is not a news channel. It's a political propaganda machine who's motives are shrouded.

Fukushima may be in bad shape but you can't use Fox news as a reliable source for anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

I find that attacking the content instead of the source to be much more productive in truth seeking. Even a broken watch is right twice a day. I'm not saying I'm a fan of FOX News, in reality I find all MSM outlets to be the same. They are all tools of propaganda and I find it unfair to insult one over the others. I believe that a lot of people's opinions about what outlet they prefer are based on political affiliations. I notice this especially on ATS. Personally, I have no bias for any party or outlet as they are all controlled by the same puppet masters, I can see beyond the illusion. Hopefully more people will wake up to this fact soon.

Franklin D. Roosevelt said it best:

"Presidents are selected, not elected"

The media is complicit in perpetuating the two party system when in fact all parties bow to the same master, time for people to see past the smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

fripw
FOX News is crap and the least reliable news outlet on Earth. It is not a news channel. It's a political propaganda machine who's motives are shrouded.

Fukushima may be in bad shape but you can't use Fox news as a reliable source for anything.

What your opinion of FOX News is, has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the reality of the Fukushima disaster. So why waste your time with such mindless drivel to begin with? ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I may be wrong about this, since I dont live in the USA, but wasn't there a whole load of floating debris which came from the Fukushima and Tsunami areas which travelled across the ocean and washed up on the shores in the US? That would be fairly irrefutable proof as would the raising of the 'safe' levels of radiation by the US Government after the Fuku disaster.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

fripw

Ha! I guess you believe MSNBC to be a shining example of journalism, no? LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not only does our government(s) lie to use, they flat out don't tell us very much to begin with?
For example, why hasn't this been on our mainstream, North American news?
Western Media Fails Us Again

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I may be wrong about this, since I dont live in the USA, but wasn't there a whole load of floating debris which came from the Fukushima and Tsunami areas which travelled across the ocean and washed up on the shores in the US?
Are you thinking that tsunami debris be contaminated? The nuclear disaster did not occur until after the tsunami had been and gone.

That would be fairly irrefutable proof as would the raising of the 'safe' levels of radiation by the US Government after the Fuku disaster.
I don't know anything about "safe" levels of radiation being raised. Can you provide more information?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

You're correct, No they did not. They just didn't say anything!
Incorrect.

Umm, Considering the fact that the disaster happened 3 years ago in March 2011, contaminated water has been leaking ever since then, and it is now March 2014, only a complete brainwashed imbecile, or a government hired yes man shillist for that matter, would believe otherwise.
Well, there is "believing" and there is knowing. You can make your own choice. (Please see my sig, btw.)

Oh and uh Phage, Where is the proof that it has not reached the North American west coast?

You can keep an eye on this site:
ourradioactiveocean.org...

And this one:
kelpwatch.berkeley.edu...

edit on 3/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skelly1178

piece on this was on NBC this morning. I guess they failed us badly, eh?

How is this an example of our govt not telling us much? Do you expect news from our govt?

edit on 7-3-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, You just don't want to believe it because you can't give up your shashimi. I understand, I love the stuff too buddy, but you really should take a break from it until all the facts are known.
~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Was so happy to discover strawberries in the store, and bought a second batch. Unfortunately USA, think I'll stick with mexican at this time of the year from now on.

Reading the label, is this some kind of joke?

"Produce of U.S.A
El RIO
Strawberries
Fukutomi Farms
(address)

Fukutomi? Um.....in our face?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Somewhat racist?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, love Japanese animes and jrock. Find Asian and Native men to be extremely beautiful, those that appeal. But California has just been dumped beyond with radiation as has BC, whether or not you get this or not, I do, from the moment it first started and that this was a horrendous depopulation move by TPTB, knew they would take out the health care system, sure enough...The rockerfeller whole clan took off to India just prior to the event.

Now the strawsberries come from a farm that is play on words between Fukushima and Atomic? I will not buy them again and will not eat the 1 1/2 baskets left.

And how is this anything to do with racism?
edit on 8-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join