It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hawk says these hoverboards actually work

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm the kid in the corner with his fingers in his ears saying lalalalalalalalala. Don't say hoax

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
i'm not sure one way or the other. i read through the legal stuff on the website and there are height restrictions and all sorts of crap. but, for all of the people saying there's cranes! there's cranes! have you ever heard of a crane camera? friggin idiots! how do you think they are getting those swooping high shoots when they're going up the ramp. cranes and jibs!

I would have thought that they would have put the cameramen on hover boards, really mate, your thinking is so last year!

P

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It just goes to show that anyone can be duped, if but for a little while anyway.
The primary thing that should be in the back of your mind would be, if there was technology, this small,
that maneuverable and capable of lifting that weight, do you think a hover board would the first use of that technology?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hopfuly they dust off the Delorean and make a new BTTF

Too old to ride a hover board now..
edit on 4/3/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

amraks
Hopfuly they dust off the Delorean and make a new BTTF

Too old to ride a hover board now..
edit on 4/3/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

Hover chairs with thrusters coming soon for all the old folks! Don't worry, be happy!

P

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
For anyone to believe this is incredible. Your only talking conquering gravity and the applications are nothing short of future shaping. Pls use your heads people. I'm sad for the human race, literacy is shot to hell, critical thinking is non existent. And the line between fantasy and reality is so blurred who knows where it begins or ends these days.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Bilky
For anyone to believe this is incredible. Your only talking conquering gravity and the applications are nothing short of future shaping. Pls use your heads people. I'm sad for the human race, literacy is shot to hell, critical thinking is non existent. And the line between fantasy and reality is so blurred who knows where it begins or ends these days.

Look mate! It is all well and good to read all the doom and gloom, all the death and destruction, all about those evil greys and the lizard men. We read all of the police stories and the people they murder because their too fat and lazy to chase someone. We read of children shot dead at their front door, children freezing because some teachers are absolute morons. WW3, the ice age and asteroids are coming!

Just once in a while, please sir, we would like to let our imaginations soar above this mundane destructive existence. We would like to imagine a world where the first use of groundbreaking tech is ......... a hover board.

We would like to pretend, just for an instant, that all of our fellow men are made from sugar and spice and all things nice.

We all know this is not true, but hell, what if it was! Just for a moment, can we let our spirits ascend to a higher plane where all of this is possible.

Please sir, can I have some more!

P

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'd LOVE for this to be real, I really love it to be. I highly doubt it is, though, their shoulders & collars all seem to indicate a harness back there

If it's a lead-in for real self-lacing shoes, however, I'll take those in lieu of a hoverboard because I'm lazy like that

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It would be so wonderful to be able to catch air like that!

As far as I know, the only hover tech I'm aware of involves using a supercooled specialized surface and magnets, and even then you only are able to get a few millimeters of lift. It's just enough to provide a slight levitation, but nothing as powerful as the video presentation.

Still, it's good to see the hoverboard dream is still alive and still gaining momentum.

Sidewalk surf's up!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

3:28
edit on 5-3-2014 by DeadGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In theory it can be done by having the road made of magnetite and the board using electromagnets at the same polarity as the road. Maybe a portable electromagnetic field generator and a gyro for stabilisation.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadGhost

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOL

(i think christopher lloyd actually thought it was real, poor guy)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
(i think christopher lloyd actually thought it was real, poor guy)

He is actually a great actor!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Ok bloke since you said it so nicely I acquiesce to your dry aussie wisdom. But I do draw the line regularly because it is the zombies that make my life harder by simply taking verbatim what the spoon feeding media and polititians tell them. If critical thinking was practiced more often by the masses we would stand united against the forces that oppose humanity as a free state and not be an enslaved ipod googling mob with the brain consistency of chocolate pudding.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

So yeah, its fake. But I feel a little let down by Mr. Hawk, not necessarily T.O. It just makes me wonder why they made this video... maybe it was Nike making a teaser or something for the new Self-tighten new sneakers.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Look at their legal page... I spent ages reading through it only to find out that it's right at the bottom.

And Funny Or Die is really sorry about the whole hoverboard thing not being real... for now.

Funny Or Die recently teamed up with a group of celebrities for an elaborate prank to convince the world hoverboards were real and that a company called HUVr Tech had invented them. Sadly, we were lying. The great promise of Back to the Future II has not been fulfilled ... yet. And for that, we truly are sorry.

Funny or Die is sorry for lying about hover boards

You disappoint me ATS...
edit on 6/3/14 by AKindChap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hahahaha!!! you people realize that they actually tried a hover board once right? It could never get more than a inch or two off the ground. Any higher it lost its ability to float. the original testers were actually banned by the patent office if i remember correclty after a deadly mishap and ruled too dangerous for sale.

Still I am surprised as many of the people fell for this hoax.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join